Page 7 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Maestro Andres is offline It's just a nickname, still too far from being one...
    Thanks
    Hey thanks for stopping by my SB. Was greatly impressed by your initial stuff. Like how you were varying between different styles. Your faces so far have been delightful and of what I saw you are getting better. The sketchiness of your lines is something you will overcome with practice and more confidence. I heard it also helps working with a non-eraseable medium such as pen.

There is nice progress on the last wip. Good job with the current inking. Mind sharing how you are inking it digitally? (If it is of course). Only crit I find is that both hands look about the same size, in which the hand farther back should be a bit smaller than the one on her face. I think the front hand should be a tad bigger, just remember that the hand is about the size of the face. Hope that helps, looks good so far and keep looking forward for more

SKETCHBOOK SUPPORTGROUP #48
    Maestro Andres | CouchPotato | Mono2k5 | Sawa | 0shade0

"The aim of figure drawing is never to copy the model but to analyze it." - sfa
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    The hardest part for me is inking... but you have done a good job on that part Can't wait to see it colored. Keep up the good work!

Thanks
    Been dropping by your sketchbook a few times by now so Guess It's time to make a comment. I really like how you treat faces. your lines feels very sensitive and delicate.

On this last one however what is happenign to the left arm + I can udnerstand that it must be goign backward due to the positioning of the lower arm. But her shoulder and body positionin or how the cloth reacts gives no indication to it instead it just looks really weird. Not sure how to fix it though.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 449 Posts
    Trashy - Thanks so much! It means a lot to hear about the improvement. And I plan to colour my latest
    algenpfleger - Thank you for the lovely comment! Haha, you like my jaws? I guess my refs have lovely jaws then And inking is just about patience, I'm sure you can find it in you
    Maestro Andres - Thank you so much, both for the encouragement and advice, very appreciated. Will have to try drawing with a pen, been a while! I'll also chech her hand out, thanks for the tip.
    As for inking (which yes, is digital), I first set by brush to these settings: http://suta-raito.com/PSroughlines.shtml Then it's really just a lot of patience! I used a 3 pxl hard round (with the A4 sketch scanned at 400dp). I often make fast swooshy lines first, esp.if they're long, and then go over them again, just bit by bit, often edit and fix them along the way. I found this tutorial (http://andoledius.deviantart.com/art...orial-31211343) long ago, been using it since. Check it out, he explains it better!
    catukas - Thanks a lot If you have problem inking, the tutorial I linked above might be helpful to you!
    Eux - Thanks for the nice comment, glad to hear As for her arm, I think I see what you mean. If you (or anyone!) could tell me more precicely how to fix it, I'd be grateful. But I'll take a look at it, see what I can do!

Anyway, I haven't worked on my big inked pic since my last WIP, been a bit busy. But I still managed to whip some Loomis studies up, thought I'd upload them It's the first time I've done these mannequins, so they're quite weird at the moment, but will hopefully be smoother with practice

Attached Images Attached Images          
    sketchbook / sketchblog / deviantart / facebook / twitter / e-mail

"assiduus usus uni rei deditus et ingenium et artem saepe vincit" - cicero

Thanks
    amazing work: clean and fluent!

MY NEW SKETCHBOOK

OLD SKETCHBOOK

CUANDO EL HERMETISMO DEL SILENCIO SE ESCUCHA , CONFUSIÓN Y ORDEN PACTAN.

Thanks
    Your loomis studies looks very cool! I love these 'balance-skeletons', they are really cool.

Your stuff, as always, looks very good, can't wait to see the girl colored!

PS: You forgot to update the title of the thread with the update day!

Thanks
    Hæ.. vá þér hefur farið mega mikið fram fullt af geggjuðu dóti hérna.. en já ég er ekki í fornáminu ennþá... stefni í það eftir sumarið en eins og er, er ég bara í áföngum þar í kvöldskóla sem ég fæ metið upp í stúdentspróf

anyways.. eitt sem ég var að pæla með konuna sem u ert að teikna... það er eins og það vanti eitthvað á vistri vanganum á henni.. eyrnasnepil þetta er eitthvað smá off! annars er þetta heavy nice mynd

keep it up

Thanks
    Thanked 1,847 Times in 636 Posts
    alright, then your jaws have lovely refs... err ... refs have.... whatever
    loving those skeleton poses, seem to help a great deal, i think i should do some of those as well!

and thanks for the very nice words in my little book
    um, you asked about my brushes, and i would love to tell you about them. but i use sai, which works completely different from photoshop. it has really smooth brushes and is easy to use. lookie here: link and here

Thanks
    yea you got your improving as well,nice to see you doing these studies and I can see you start to loose your line,keep going and have a lot of fun.About your color stuff - this ---> http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1197992912

look really good,about some of the rest - maybe you should to use airbrush or soft brush more rarely,try to put simple colors with hard brush 100/100% and then you start to messing on them with different opacity levels to get nice shot on I think this may help you to understand what I mean

http://www.3dtotal.com/team/tutorial...ay/brush01.asp

Your last digital ink is very very well done!
    cu around!

Thanks
    MARMENTIDO - Thank you so much!
    Carbono - Thanks a lot! Also for reminding me of the topic update, fixed!
    sjuskadur - Já ok, ertu að fara í inntökuprófin bráðlega, í apríl/maí, ekki satt? Gangi þér vel! Og takk fyrir ábendinguna og hrósið, ég er búin að laga stelpuna aðeins núna
    algenpfleger - Hehe, lovely jaw refs indeed! Used myself for the latest one, actually But yeah, I've learned lot from the skeletons, I recommend it! And thanks again for answering my question, I'll have to check Sai out!
    atlantik - Hey, thanks so much for the advice and tips. That link was excellent I agree, I have to boycott the airbrush and use the hard stuff now!

Alrighty, I've finally done some more work on the girl. I took all of your advice to heart and fixed what I could What do you think, improvements or not? It'd be great to get feedback But I'll probably start on the guy now!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,847 Times in 636 Posts
    if i know any useful tutorials she asks. WELL LET'S SEE

the reason why i started painting in july 07 was linda bergkvist. her work is just INSANE - and look at her tutorials. i learned SO MUCH from them, it's unbelievable, and i find myself going back to them really often. look.
    click me if you dare :3

apart from that, there#s some other good places with lots of stuff, most of it unsorted though
    like this awesome allround tutorial or all the imaginefx workshops. there's also tons of knowledge stored in some collection places, like here and here.

but i recommend linda's stuff the most, it's what really got me started

13. The Following User Says Thank You to algenpfleger For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanks so much for the links! I'd forgotten all about Linda's tutorials, saw them some time ago. She's so talented, so they're very useful! And the others are bookmarked! I'll take a good look on those all, I'm sure they're very helpful. Thanks so much

Thanks
    Well then, just thought I'd throw up the finished ink I finished the guy today, he was great fun! I also did some touch-ups on the girl.

Now it's just the colour. You probably all know this, but that's definitely not my strong side! And I want to stay away from the airbrush this time, so it'll definitely be hard and different. We'll see how it goes, I'll probably post some wips soon and beg for help

And, of course, if you see something that needs fixing in the ink, by all means speak up so I can work on it

Page 7 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 2