Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Ása's drawing journal [March 17th-Update at last!]

Thanks
    Really nice to see your studies, your progress is showing.

Also a great job on the inking on the couple. I'm struggling with colours myself, so I don't think I should give you any advice there... Except from staying away from that green for the background next time, hehe.
    "The fact that no one understands you doesn't make you an artist"

Sork's SB - Crits appreciated - not getting updated atm
    C G H U B SB Thread
    Blog
    Facebook, please send me a message about your username
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    hey asa..been a while..great stuff in here...i like a lot of the ones on page 1 actually and these pencil drawings are nice too.....

Thanks
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 449 Posts
    I am so ashamed, I can't believe I let my poor sb collect dust like that for weeks. Well, that's about to change! I finally have regained my freetime, so if I'm not updated this feller at the very least weekly, feel free to slap me. (Virtually, somehow...)

flamable - Thank you! That's also a good tip, thanks. I'm honestly not sure though whether my painting is closer to cartoon-like or realism, I guess it's in some limbo between. Hm.
    EvilBunny - Hey, thanks so much! I know I should be doing more self portraits, absolutely. Thanks for the reminder! I'm putting it on my 'to draw' list right now. I don't I'll be counting the sp in my last post as a proper study, hehe.
    algenpfleger Thanks buddy! Glad you like my silly sp XD And see! I'm updating! Admittedly a day or two later than I promised, but I sort of got caught up in the finale of Desperate Housewives yesterday :s Very, very bad excuse for not drawing.
    Quinn Simoes - Oh, thank you so much
    lilnebo - Thanks! Haha, good that someones liked the silly sp. And yes, I know, I'm not nearly productive enough! I need someone like you with me at all times to kick my ass forwards
    Andrew Marks - Thank you so much for the nice comment I still don't think I'm quite over the scratchy line disease, but it really makes me happy to hear that someone is seeing progress. It's often hard to do by myself. I'll definitely post more work now that summer is here!
    Sorknes - Thanks! Again, I'm so happy to hear it from others that progress showing, that just makes my day Oh, and as for the background, the green is just some random colour I put to have anything else but white (bad habit, should stop it). So it's bound to change, although I think some green nature stuff will be there...
    DeKal - Thanks so much! And also for the visit! Makes me happy to hear that coming from you

Alright guys. I'm afraid I don't have a lot of stuff, which is shameful, considering my long absence. But here you have it. Here's mostly some random sketches and stuffs, Loomis and whatnot. Also, the first one is based off a drawing by Bobby Chiu (thanks for the heads up algenpfleger!) he did during one of his podcast, amazing artist.

Oh! And in "TophDancing.jpg" one (little girl hopping around) I used this great image by Johane Matte as reference. I just love her style, was trying to capture it. Speaking of Avatar (anyone watch the show?), I did a full-blown illustration my style of Katara. I tried adding some Inuit feelings to her, since her nation is partly based off them. Two other sketches there as well, trying to nail it down.

As for the painting, any little crits would be sweeter than ice cream! I just went a bit crazy on it the last time (it's like the attack of the colour palettes), and any input is appreciated. But here it goes, show no mercy:
    sketchbook / sketchblog / deviantart / facebook / twitter / e-mail

"assiduus usus uni rei deditus et ingenium et artem saepe vincit" - cicero

Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 636 Posts
    Oooooh you're back! Haha, I love everything. Especially those lifedrawings, very, err, structural, does that word exist? And cool character designs! So cure, that second girl with the green clothes. Hmm your hatching could use a bit more love, it's mostly just scribbled in lines right now. Can't really find anything else that's wrong Keep it up!

Thanks
    ooohh I wuv avatar!

great lines, the kind that always makes me envious. your doing from old-school anatomy to stylized characters everything, so it rounds up nicely in the end

And in the last painting, the folds are too much! Think simplify!

Thanks
    Your gesture drawings are so lively and fluid. Keep it up!!@!

Thanks
    You draw great, you improved alot with colouring if you look at your first page.
    Really like your drawing style, I'm like your Avatar stuff aswell they're great.

Thanks
    Sweet!

I love seeing updates from your corner. Alright well I think you got a good percent of anatomy is your pocket. Those studies are always great.

As for the big piece your working on just watch those highlights. Right now I think your colors are pretty good but the values need a extra push. Don't be afraid to drop in those darker tones. I'm still not 100% sure on the green background yet. It needs more to it but I know it will develop in time. Just start thinking what you really want in the bg. How do you envision it?

Keep on pushing those pieces.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Trashy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 449 Posts
    algenpfleger - You think my life drawings are structural? That sounds positive, thank you! And yes, I have to do more shading, my hatching is in pretty poor shape. Thanks for the heads-up!
    ~Faust~ - Yay, another Avatar fan! Huzzah And thanks, glad to hear I'm on the right track. And you've got a good point about the dress, it's way too much. Simple is the word
    rupeshtalaskar - Thank you I think life drawings are so hard, yet they seem to get some positive replies here, that's very encouraging.
    Grizzliman - Thanks! Yeah, I certainly I hope I've improved since first page, that stuff is over a year old Glad to meet another Avatar fan!
    Trashy - Thanks so much for the helpful comment. Too many highlights, you think? And yes, it is rather flat, darker tones will now come. As for the bg, I only put this basic green because they're supposed to be outside with trees. :/ I've yet to decide how I'll play it out, but I think it'll be pretty loose and vague. Guess I'll have to tone down that green

Alright, I don't have too much, but I want to update anyway just for the sake of updating and keeping this baby alive.
    First off is a big sketchdump, just some concepts for a request for a friend, she wanted me to draw her mermaid character. The coloured one is the one like the description, the others are me either experimenting or just fooling a bit around! And excuse the quick colour, just trying out the colour palette. (And if anyone's interesting in well-written prose and the mermaid's story, check her page out here )

Then there are three tattoos made for two of my best friends, they've already been tattooed on both! This is exactly what they requested, down to the swirls and all. It was fun!

Ooh, one final non-art question. Okay, when I attach pictures using the attachment manager, they always just pile up in a bunch at the bottom, like in this post. How can I have them in the middle of the post? As in: text, image, text, image etc. I've seen e.g. that's how algenpfleger does it, but it seriously boggles my mind how it's done, I don't see any options/preference, the bottom pile always happens automatically :s

Anyway. I'm off to draw!
    sketchbook / sketchblog / deviantart / facebook / twitter / e-mail

"assiduus usus uni rei deditus et ingenium et artem saepe vincit" - cicero

Maestro Andres is offline It's just a nickname, still too far from being one...
    Thanks
    Cool update! The tattoos design look slick and that swirl thing is a nice touch. The mermaid is looking very interesting and like how you played with the expression, adds a lot of character.
    Critique wise, seeing your gestures and ninjagirl sketches, I will recommend to pay more attention to the legs. They need more work and understanding since now they are becoming the weak part in your gestures. Also, about the painting I was going to suggest to push the values but now I read it already has been mentioned

About how to attach images, look for the paperclip icon on the menu with the fonts, hyperlinks and all that. When you click on it, it will let you insert on your post any of the attachments you already have. Hope that helps.
    Attachment 384644
    SKETCHBOOK SUPPORTGROUP #48
    Maestro Andres | CouchPotato | Mono2k5 | Sawa | 0shade0

"The aim of figure drawing is never to copy the model but to analyze it." - sfa

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Maestro Andres For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 636 Posts
    Oooh, cool update! Those faces look great, and I like that swirly birdy thingy And yeah, Maestro Andres explained it perfectly

Thanks
    hi again,

looks to me like your colours are improving a lot, keep up the effort!
    Piru's Portfolio - Piru.be - WACOM Buying Guide - SHOW your STUDIOS!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Uziel's SB! - Piru's Sketchbook & Epias' Sketchbook

JPC is offline derailed artist trying to find his way back
    Thanks
    AsaB: Wow! Really solid progress in your work! Now I gotta catch up!

Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast