Sheridan Application Process
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Sheridan Application Process

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Sheridan Application Process

I'm going to apply to Sheridan's BAA - Illustration program for next year (2008-2009) however, looking at the portfolio requirements online i noticed that it says:

" The following is for information purposes only and is subject to change for the 2008-2009 school year. Please do not submit any of the materials referenced below or take any action unless you are specifically instructed to do so after applying to the program "

Does this mean that I have to apply, through OCAS or through the school itself (i'm currently at Sheridan studying Art Fundamentals) and that after I do so they will send me portfolio requirements and request a portfolio to be submitted as well?

I would love for anyone who has previously applied to, or is in, the Illustration / Animation program to help me out!

Thanks so much!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Tiny bit confused by your phrasing, but hopefully I can be of some assistance!

Even if you're in fundies, I believe you still have to apply to illus through OCAS. Then after you apply to OCAS, you should get the portfolio requirements in the mail. But in my experience, Sheridan is really slow with the mail side of things - when I was applying for Illustration, there was no way I could wait for the mail and still have time to make a good portfolio!

I'd personally just do the portfolio requirement you have available to you right now. They don't really care about the specific requirements so much as whether or not you display the proper skillsets (for the illustration portfolio, anyway). The requirements are more of a guideline than anything. The portfolio I applied with was actually made for RSAD's portfolio requirements, and I still got in just fine.

So, I'd say actually make the 10-15 or so polished portfolio pieces to the requirements sheet you have right now. Make sure you have a good sketchbook to submit as well. By the time you finish those two things, you should get the official, assuredly-up-to-date requirements in the mail, which you should probably do the drawing tests to (that's the only one I can see them caring about how accurately you follow it).

I hope that helps a bit. Goodluck, and if you have any questions or need clarification don't hesitate!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for your advice once again, Ryn.

I was thinking along the same lines: complete the vague / general portfolio pieces (ie: sketchbook work, drawing and /or painting objects, etc.) and then complete the 'drawing test' after i apply.

I just wasnt sure if i would receive proper portfolio requirements after i applied or if the ones on the website were the 'updated' ones.

Thanks again!

Zaxser is offline Steph Laberis Fanboy Level 6 Gladiator: Provocator
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    How do I contact OCAS?

EDIT:Never mind.

Last edited by Zaxser; December 19th, 2007 at 10:31 PM.
    Do you Mentler?

Booting up a new sketchbook.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Are you applying to Sheridan as well, Zaxser?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm going to apply to Sheridan too, but right now I'm a Gr. 12 student. In my case should I apply to art foundation, or should I apply to both illustration and foundation as well ?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'd say apply to illustration and fundies since you have to do both through OCAS. So just in case you don't get into illustration, you have a backup plan.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thats what i'm in, and you have to do fundies before you can get into illustration and for illustration you need a portfolio,

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, you don't have to do fundies to get into illustration (or any program, for that matter) if your portfolio is good enough.

Members who have read this thread: 1