Thanks

Life Feels Like It's Over.

I lost the love of my life yesterday.

My girlfriend and I broke up after nearly six years. I feel hollow; empty. I feel like I'm dead on two legs and wanting my brain to follow suit.

This is nothing I've ever experienced in my life. I can't even begin to put into words how much this is ripping me apart. I don't know what to do with myself. I feel sick. I can't eat, I can't sleep. I can't draw, I can't do anything of any worth whatsoever. I'm just.. existing, but barely.

Has anyone experienced a breakup after such a long relationship? We were planning to marry, to have kids, to have a future. Now it's gone. How long does this pain last? I don't know how much more I can take.

I brought this here because I have nowhere to put it, and I need to vent my emotions. I'm sorry if it doesn't belong, or if I'm being a downer to everyone.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I know it’s not easy, but…

hey, imagine all the fun you are going to have with all the future girlfriends of yours.
    The future is staring at you and SHE looks better than ever when you think about it.
    Don’t despair, break the chains of the past and conquer the world, it’s all for you and ready to be taken, have fun…

Destiny is waiting for you…

Thanks
    I completely understand where you're coming from, kimchee... My boyfriend and I also split up after 6 years together. We were engaged, had all these plans... just didn't pan out. I was completely devastated for a while, but with the help of friends I was able to get my mind off things, and now almost 3 years later, I have a new boyfriend I have been with for 2 years, and could not imagine being happier! I remain friends with my ex and he is also dating a great girl who he is thinking of marrying! So, what I'm saying is that you will be happy again, it just takes time Don't give up!

Thanks
    Hey man, i feel ur pain, im 19 but iven been there, i just got out of the same thing only mine was 3 years but still the love of my life i feel and i wonder if ill ever meet anyone better, what happened is first she broke up with me a year a go then we got back together 8 months later but it got to serious to fast and i felt she was too jealous, mean other stuff etc... so i ended it cause it felt right and i dont regret it, but no matter my desicion, unhappiness followes but what ive learned is to be greatful about all u have and let go of the past, its such a small part of life and u dont need a women to be complete, and if its ment to be it will happen, if not, i beleive for both me and you, we will be in store for better and awesome days and women, the last year for me has been hell, and i think its starting to change, like u said i lost my girl, and good friends growing apart, but sometimes u gotta get through the sower to get to the sweet man, if u ever want to talk about it you can instand message me at italian 1x

Thanks
    I feel you man, it's been 8 months, and i still hurt deeply....

I just try not to stay idle for too long, and surround myself with good people...
    Time will not let you forget the love of your life, only help to cope with the pain....

Thanks
    I too was in a six year relationship which ended, it hurts like hell.
    5 years later I end up falling in love again (first relationship since the 6 year one) with a girl who lives the other side of the Atlantic (NYC)! Its the greatest thing ever. Except for the distance but that will be lessened when I find a way of moving over there permanantly. We learn from past experiences and grow stronger. Who lnows what is next but somewhere there is something magical.
    The ex girlfriend is now also my best friend and we still look back with fond memories and sometimes just rip on each other.
    Take care.

Thanks
    Harness your emotiions and explode them on paper. Some of the best artists use their moods to create masterpieces. Keep your head up.

Thanks
    You guys are all really wonderful.

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply with your own stories, insights, sympathy and advice. Means a lot to me, seriously. In fact, I had tears in my eyes.

Again, from the bottom of my heart, thank you.

Thanks

It isn't ever easy.

Take it from me. I am 37 yrs old, and have been happily married for 13 of them. But before I met my wife I loved and lost many times. Getting emotionally vested in someone is always a risk. After you have greived a couple of days, take stock in your blessings. You will find that eventhough your relationship with this girl didn't last longer, what you gained will last a lifetime.

If it is gnawing at the pit of your stomach, then try a physical activity. I have found a round of pool or golf helps. I am awful at both, but the concentration helps me to relax later.

Take care. Remember the immortal words of Tennyson "T'is better to have loved and lost, Than never to have loved at all."

Andrew
    "Channeling is just bad ventriloquism. You use another voice, but people can see your lips moving." -- Penn Jillette