Thanks

Dancing to the tunes of him…..

I pictured this Demon while I was doodling on some pages feeling too bored with my office chores. I pretty much liked him and had given a thought to develop him more.

He is not the typically the one frightening or power loving Satan but more of a child-like demon from inside to which you can fall an easy prey to obey his command. He knows me very well as he resides into me (probably resides in everyone) and knows what makes me dance to his tunes. But his problem is he never knew how to play any tune, so gives every effort to play every instrument he can manage or I have ever listened.

And that’s how the fight begins, between his morality and my principals, and I can bet many times he would have won more than me. But sometimes I like losing to him. That’s how you enjoy life sometimes, trying listening to his music, getting the rhythm to tap the foot or hum with his harmony. He slowly and harmonically starts with smooth and suave music with his guitar (that’s my best he knows), subsequently transforming that guitar into an electrical one which almost resembles the shape of his thunderstorm bolt. With the violent and fierce rhythms he can shake me up with all the thrills.

And that’s why sometimes I also do tame him with my determination to not hear him any more, no matter how beautiful the rhythm he can play. Its simply not easy task to turn deaf ears to him but my discipline makes me comfortable to do so.

I wish I can write and explain about him for long but that I will keep on updating here with my sketches.

Please do tell me about this composition and character and help me in making me more straightforward towards this “acting like dumb” Satan.

I will come up with more sketches with his favorite guitar and probably more of his instruments.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Few Updates...........

Anyone to C&C?

Thanks
    Hey there ^^

I like that you are posting your progression this helps seeing your thought process. I think the concept is very neat and your managing the colors very well with a warm/cool orange/blue color scheme. Its nice and safe and conveys a lot. I think you have a nice start, but be wary that you bump up the contrast a bit. To make your figure more believable some deeper shadows along his body to help sculpt out his form a bit better. Splashing the compliment of your light source will help as well to make it far richer.

I guess my only real gripe is that his arms are positioned as if you intentionally hiding his hands and forearms or he is an amputee...I know it may not have been your intention, it just looks weird to me @_@.

Good work indeed however, i look forward to seeing your next update.

~cheers
    "Please sit down, stay awhile" My current threads:

Character Mood

--

行く手の風がある日に
    Yukute no kaze ga aru hi ni

Come visit me in my own personal hell!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesmerga_2501 View Post
    Hey there ^^

I think you have a nice start, but be wary that you bump up the contrast a bit. To make your figure more believable some deeper shadows along his body to help sculpt out his form a bit better. Splashing the compliment of your light source will help as well to make it far richer.

I guess my only real gripe is that his arms are positioned as if you intentionally hiding his hands and forearms or he is an amputee...I know it may not have been your intention, it just looks weird to me @_@.

~cheers
    Thanks Pesmerga, for your effort to give me the critique which i feel 100% true and needs a work to be done on my work, but the problem is i couldnt understand the way u might i ve used your language (and extremely sorry). cannot understand whether i ve used the contrast too much or its under contrast(which i feel is not). Also for shadows and light, i bet deeper shadows will be casted during the details cause much of the form has been casted during the beginning part. isnt it?
    And yep, A person not showing his hands really feels odd to the viewers and many times i also felt the same while working on it. But then i visualize many reasons or stories for this, Probably he doesnt want to show his nuisance hands to me cause he is holding a guitar or his instrument (you can read the details above) and posing like an innocent child who has never done anything wrong to me.
    Or may be he feels, while posing for picture his hands and legs are the worst parts to be in the picture and then he finds a pose where he can hide them at his best.
    I wish i could ve know him much better.

Thanks
    Heh sorry sometimes I am a bit over spoken

I think the way you handled the contrast in the face can be brought down into his body as you progress. That way the forms of his torso will be able to read as clearly as his face. Cheers!
    "Please sit down, stay awhile" My current threads:

Character Mood

--

行く手の風がある日に
    Yukute no kaze ga aru hi ni

Come visit me in my own personal hell!

Thanks
    After spending a good weekend onto it (but not religiously devoting), I ve made some more progress onto it. Worked onto the crocodile skull and the face mainly.

So far now i just want to concentrate onto the face and skull only! Need some advice to make the texture more lively. Or is it looking good enough? Helpp!

Thanks

Long time back

Hi all,
    Long time and I vnt touched this work for a while. Was busy in creating a 3d mesh of this character. But finally some updates. Please do tell me how good are they?

Some Close ups,

Thanks

Worked on it and felt a bit bored with the pose he is making, So now thinking to animate him, specially with his hands which were missing previously. This time he is offering his one of his guitars to me to play with him. Do correct me with the balance or pose.

Thanks
    hahaa thats funny.. so now hes a demon rocker? sweet (totally.)
    only thing that bothers me is that his chin has a light in it??
    If water was Vodka and I was a duck, I'd sink to the bottom and never come up. But water's not Vodka and I'm not a duck. So hand me a bottle and shut the fuck up.