Art: (UPDATED)Attention LA artist: Plagiarism and printing.

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Threaded View

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

(UPDATED)Attention LA artist: Plagiarism and printing.

I just received a very disturbing email from a good friend. He was visiting the LA area and found a postcard with my image on it. I was never contacted, the postcard never gave me credit, and I never gave permission to use any images.

If anybody is out there in LA, could you please lend me a helping hand and gather some of these postcards? I am considering taking action against them in efforts to protect myself and other aritsts that they might rip off in the future. It's a club called 'Perversion'. Perversion is open every Thursday night at The Ruby - 7070 Hollywood Boulevard (between La Brea & Highland).

I am not against the club or club go'ers.... I am against those whom feel it is ok to plagiarize other artists and expect to get away with it. If anybody has dealt with this before, I could definitely use help and advice.

Also, if anyone can get your hands on one of the postcards, please PM me so I can give you my contact info.

One last thing... for those of you whom like to keep your work safe on the net...make sure to keep your images small and non-printable. I sure have learned my lesson. It's a shame.

Original Image:

They slightly modified the image and printed this with no permission and no credit to me:

Last edited by Bomba; September 17th, 2003 at 07:21 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.