Sketchbook: Dutchdevil his SketchBook !!UPDATED 08 - 01 - 2008
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Dutchdevil his SketchBook !!UPDATED 08 - 01 - 2008

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Dutchdevil his SketchBook !!UPDATED 08 - 01 - 2008

Hi all!

I made myself a Sketchbook, my mentor, Arttorney suggested it and it is not a bad idea at all!.

Ill list assignments given by my mentor, Arttorney (here at CA), and some other stuff. but mostly the assignments.

So you might want to know about me so ill tell you, if you dont care then skip this .

I am 17 years old and have been drawing since i was a child but i have only gotten really serious for a half a year. As you see my account dates back from 2006 so i aint a new member, but i considered myself not good enough because i noticed the high skill from many people.
    I hope for positive feedback and will ignore things like ''you suck'' and stuff, if you think i do rather tell me whats wrong with the piece of work.

I am being mentored by Arttorney and pursuing my dream of becoming an Concept artist, which i gave up a few years ago.
    You might think that i really do suck but i am here to learn and will try to update my sketchbook weekly or perhaps daily!

First set of drawings :

Ayanami Rei fanart from NGE, i really was addicted to anime that time it dates back from arround 2005 also the first thing i colored:

My mother told people that i draw, then some old lady wanted to have some naked drawings to hang above her bed, drawn on A3 format from 2005.

I had an Anatomy book and started to draw, never used that book again. from 2006:

Another colored piece! i really was in love with it back in the days, 2006:

Again from 2006 somewhere... colored and a sketch:

enjoy

Last edited by Dutchdevil; January 8th, 2008 at 11:02 AM. Reason: UPDATE !!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    here are some assignments given from arttorney, in chronicle order:

George, if you take a look at arttorneys sketchbook you will see how the drawing should look like.

in this assignment i had to dra a friend or a family member, this is my cousin

I had to draw my hand, while i was holding a piece of paper:

In this assignment i had to draw a person this girl plays in a television series called smallvile.

In this assignment i had to create a character so, let me introduce you to celine :

Thats it for now,
    next up are 30 heads for illaekaes classroom for all, Feet drawings, cloth studies and a self portrait for the Ten Challenge.

Please look forward to it

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    you've got the motivation, that's a start!
    update your sb regullary and there will be progress!

check out my animated movies: (flv's @ http://dresse.free.fr) and my sketchbook: http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=110980

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    here is an update:
    my this weeks assignment

Feet

Hands

Ears

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Another thing I like about these hands and feet is that you are starting to shade more frequently and more smoothly. Nothing wrong with hatching. I am just happy if you can do both.

Last edited by arttorney; December 18th, 2007 at 10:06 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by arttorney View Post
    Another thing I like about these hands and feet is that you are starting to shade more frequently and more smoothly. Nothing wrong with hatching. I am just happy if you can do both.
    thanks, i have never done hatching before but i think i can atleast try it

bakatron is offline toronto blue jays fan... i'm serious.... stop laughing at me okay?? Level 5 Gladiator: Myrmillo
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hi there - progressively youre getting better but id like to see more life sketches that have nothing to do with manga/anime. try loomis' books as theyre wonderful

Krist is offline What dreams will we dream when we wander...... Level 1 Gladiator: Andabatae
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    for the english speakers I do see lots of progress, and the amount of drawing is prefferable (suggested from the dates of the dig. images though )

NL: ziet er goed uit vincent maar probeer de stijl van de manga anime een beetje los te laten, het lijkt een hou vast maar probeer eerst de basis goed te krijgen. Anders ga je mischien standaarden aanleren vanuit de anime/manga en het is beter als het net andersom is zeg maar. ga door!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My teen challenge entree:

I had a better drawing, wanted to finish it today but i lost the drawing somewhere in my to-messy room so i had to redraw it dont like it very much, nose,eyes and mouth are drawn awfully bad.. submitted it anyways.

bakatron- i tried loomis, i think a year ago couldnt keep up with drawing on regular base and stopped drawing eventually. Got intressted about a month ago in drawing with the intention to draw real-life only, its pretty hard and i lose alot of detail but i think its getting better and better atleast i feel so
    thanks for your post!

Krist ( NL ) - Iets wat ik vaak hoor, maar ik probeer wel die cartoon achtige tekeningen achterwegen te laten en mijn best te doen voor meer realistische tekeningen ik overweeg nu ook om de opleiding game design te doen vanwegen het tekenen maar ik denk dat ik dat beter niet kan doen, gezien ik sinds kort pas weer ben begonnen met tekenen! Bedankt !

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So I got a little bored yesterday evening, and I thought I might as well color something, just for fun.

and so I did!
    Here is Celine this time, with colors!

yeah, I do know I need to learn a lot more before going in to coloring, but I just felt like so...

Happy Holidays every one!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Teen Challenge #40 WiP : Post apocalyptical warlord, its rather a WarQueen but hey wth..

It looks to cartoony!! please help me make it either semi realistic or realistic.. pleaseee

Mentor Assignment, drawing rumi a friend of the mentor : i pretty much failed at this one Iguess.. i dont like it at all

original :

my version:

Random..

C&C appreciated, as always!! i could really use some advice for the teen challenge

thnks in advance..!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

TEEN Challenge

WIP for the Teen challenge!

So.. what about it?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Keep doing those exercises they do you only good. Maybe you should try to do some negative space drawings? So you can understand the shape of things better.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.