I know you have some comment
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: I know you have some comment

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Question I know you have some comment

Here is a portrait i did .

I have a question - how do i get the same color with the ref ?? Do i " eye drop them " ? or do i manually choose what i see ??
    Sorry for the bad english, hope you guys get what i mean .
    Any comment or crit would be a great help !

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It depends, If you want your painting to look exactly like the photo ref, I guess the eyedropper is the way to go. But if you want to get better I suggest doing it manually. As it is now i think it needs to get slightly darker and more saturated (but be careful and don't overdo it).

Life is a promise
    nobody keeps.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Wilhelm87 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i just have one question, what is the point of this?

what do you want to achieve, why do you trye to make an exact copy of a refference?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,344 Times in 1,123 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotet View Post
    i just have one question, what is the point of this?

what do you want to achieve, why do you trye to make an exact copy of a refference?
    Practicing faces, learning to observe colour, practicing rendering in PS, pracitcing rendering hair, etc etc... it's a study, same reason we copy anatomy exactly to learn it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Rainville For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    One thing you should be aware of is subsurface scattering. When things are translucent, light enters and bouncing around before bouncing out again. This causes shadows, particularly core shadows, to become more saturated then parts in the light. Right now it looks (on the most part) that used a darker color of the skin for shadows without watching the saturation. This is particularly obvious under the lower lip and under her left cheek.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zypher18 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, thaks Zypher! I was wondering about that a lot why shadows on faces would be more saturated. Didn't seem logical.
    And Yinteck: apart from the saturation issue I think it's preety good on the proportions. Just her pinky is real round at the top and too big.
    Her lips could use some more glow and watch out for the subtle colour differences in the eye. The "white of the eye is usually some different sorts of partially quite dark grey.
    As for the eyedropping, what I do is that I at first try to pick the color myself, trying to get as close to what I think I see and then check back with the eyedropper. That's often surprising and I think it corrects some general misconceptions, as with the desaturated shadows.
    Though I also didn't know why it was that way, just that it was. So, thanks again to Zypher.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to DigitallyDumbfounded For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by zypher18 View Post
    One thing you should be aware of is subsurface scattering. When things are translucent, light enters and bouncing around before bouncing out again. This causes shadows, particularly core shadows, to become more saturated then parts in the light. Right now it looks (on the most part) that used a darker color of the skin for shadows without watching the saturation. This is particularly obvious under the lower lip and under her left cheek.
    Very interesting. Is there a tutorial somewhere around here that explains that bouncing light and saturated shadows you speak of? I would like to see some examples in pictures Even if there just photos.

Thanks again Zypher. I should read the critique center more often. There's a lot of valuable information in here. Even if there's so little feedback.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    looking really good, but unfortunately those pics are touched up so much before they hit the market that it makes people look like dolls. Also, the color on the original is off, be it by a filter or by camera exposure- I have yet to meet a "yellow" person, or even a glowing orange one. Here I made achange to the color of the pic, normalized it a bit and you can see more detail come up.
    I also pointed out some minor details you need to work out that when corrected will give the image that much more of a punch.

hope that helps

Attached Images Attached Images  
    J.L. ALFARO

"Be who you are and say what you feel,because those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind."
    -Dr. Seuss

13. The Following User Says Thank You to JL.Alfaro For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Everyone for the useful comment !

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.