Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: ROCKHART's sketches...... doodles of an College Freshman! ---> UPDATED EVERY WEEK!

Thanks
    OHS NOES!!! i didn't post yesterday! slipped my mind until i was in bed and i really didn't feel like getting up... so to make up for it im posting the final pic of my zebra warzone!! crit's are always appreciated...
    Attachment 299705
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    The sad piece is interesting. Would you be willing to explain what is happening in it?

Also, on the vector piece:

I don't know how these work, or even what they are. I do know that he zebra looks excellent, and so do the buildings. Only one problem for me- They don't seem to fit together. Would it take a lot of work and time to give the zebra a cast shadow on the ground? If not, it could really help anchor it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sedig For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    The Zebra piece is looking great. It does need some shadow though. (and perhaps just a tiny bit more detail in the debris... perhaps some texture in the outer wall of the half standing building. Just like what you have in the brick textured piece of debris)
    I like your Rube Goldberg device too! Very inventive!

Keep up the good work.
    Brewmasters Sketchbook
    click it, you'll be glad you did

"At least I'm dying in the coolest way possible, eaten by a dragon-shark! Made of lasers!"
    -Schlub-

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Brewmaster For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Sedig- Well it's sad.... idk just drawing what came out of my head. if you can explain it to me though... . yeah i think im going to add a sahdow, completly forgot about that (or maybe its a GHOST ZEBRA!) yeah thx for catching that

Brewmaster- don't know if im gonig to add any texture to the buildings, might make them standout to much. but yeah, expect an update in a couple of days!

k here's a piece for my crusade battle with WolfBane. Like? let me know... Hate? try to say it nicely...
    Attachment 300905

Thanks
    k well i promised it and here it is! the final (at least i thinks so) rendition of this piece! WOOT! Party!

Attachment 302432
    Last edited by Rockhart; February 13th, 2008 at 09:50 PM.

Thanks
    That Shadow on the zebra makes all the difference! Nice work!
    Brewmasters Sketchbook
    click it, you'll be glad you did

"At least I'm dying in the coolest way possible, eaten by a dragon-shark! Made of lasers!"
    -Schlub-

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Brewmaster For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    The Africa warzone illustration came out real nice. I'd get a print of it. Befpre I do that it looks like you have some objects in your background building that are showing white space or have a white stroke (through the windows). I wanna say the same thing about the broken heart on the zebra.

This has a lot of personal touches to it that make it very enjoyable. I think design is all about graphic subtly. Have a powerful voice through you're art.
    SSG 37The Show Must Go On!
    | Bard |

| My Sketchbook |

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Matsign For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hey, that shadow really makes a difference. Good to see.

If you are willing to take it, I have one more suggestion: play with the size of that heart a little bit. It might be my computer screen, but it seems a little small. I wouldn't have known that it was a broken heart if I hadn't been told. I don't think it would be bad if it extended into the white stripe, but I don't know. If it isn't too difficult, give it a shot. That heart is a nice subtle touch, so you don't want it too big, but you do want it to be clear. See what happens.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sedig For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Brewmaster- Thx!

Matsign- good eye about the windows and heart! but i took a closer look at it and that only happened because i resized it down and it pixilated, the higher res. looks fine. im going to assume "Have a powerful voice through you're art." is supposed to have a "you" in front of it. and thank you very much!

Sedig- Thx! well, the pic is a little small because i resized it so my slow dialup (28.8 kbp warrior! Woot!) could post it within a half an hour. I also played with the size of the heart and decided it was better to leave it smaller... but that's just my opinion.

k, well this sketchbook's starting to take off! here's another sketch to keep things moving. i start'd drawing the head and then... well... let me show you...

Attachment 303141

Thanks
    k here's a few ideas and concepts I'm toying with. I'm thinking of doing another animal/ruined city drawing. tell me what you think....

Attachment 303920

Thanks
    Dial-up. Ouch. Could you give me an approxiamte size of the vector piece. I imagine that seeing it full size would make a big difference.

On that last character one thing really stands out to me: the length of the legs. They are very different. Try to be conscious of this next time.

I like the idea of the ruined city piece, but I don't know if I like the integration of the word change- hopefully you can get the piece to speak for itself. I suggest a composition that is much closer to the eagle and also much closer to the city. Give us a clearer idea of what is going on. Communicate the need for change through the image itself.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Sedig For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Sedig- ha that's the funny thing about vector artwork... it can be any size! but if i did prim=nt it out it would be around 11X14 or so....

k just found out Wolfbane killed me in our crusade duel... but I've moved on and here's the finished version of another duel....

Attachment 304691

Thanks
    k here's another crusade sketch. not to happy with it but .... meh i ran out of time ....

on a side note i really need to get a tablet....
    Attachment 305907

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast