Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Dial-up. Ouch. Could you give me an approxiamte size of the vector piece. I imagine that seeing it full size would make a big difference.

On that last character one thing really stands out to me: the length of the legs. They are very different. Try to be conscious of this next time.

I like the idea of the ruined city piece, but I don't know if I like the integration of the word change- hopefully you can get the piece to speak for itself. I suggest a composition that is much closer to the eagle and also much closer to the city. Give us a clearer idea of what is going on. Communicate the need for change through the image itself.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sedig For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Sedig- ha that's the funny thing about vector artwork... it can be any size! but if i did prim=nt it out it would be around 11X14 or so....

k just found out Wolfbane killed me in our crusade duel... but I've moved on and here's the finished version of another duel....

Attachment 304691

Thanks
    k here's another crusade sketch. not to happy with it but .... meh i ran out of time ....

on a side note i really need to get a tablet....
    Attachment 305907

Thanks
    I think the picture you drew for our duel looks nice but it would look much better if the backround wouldn't be totally white. (It looks a bit like a cartoon or comic)
    Anyway it's a nice picture.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TLL For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks
    Quick toss back to the Zebra: While it does have a shadow now, the chunks of rubble that fall into the shadow are not shadowed; only the ground received the Zebra's shadow, for some reason or another.

Shouldn't take long to fix, but it would make a difference, I think.
    I'm breathing, and that's a start.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Thanasimos For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Those last hand studies are fantastic. The variation in line weight makes a big difference. Now that we've seen your quick hand studies, I'd like to see some long hand studies. Work on one for as long as you can stand. A lot will be learned.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sedig For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Wow! O_o it's been a while since I've posted anything... whoops! :p oh well maybe no one will notice....

Thanasimos- Yeah i was looking at that. might fix it sometime good eye though.

Sedig- Thank you very much! Yeah I probably should do a few 30 min + drawings... but i don't know. It's like i have Drawing ADD sometimes

k finished version of this thing....
    ROCKHART's sketches...... doodles of an College Freshman! ---> UPDATED EVERY WEEK!

Thanks
    k quick anatomy sketch... no refrence just seeing if i could do it from my head. im taking a once-a-week anatomy class and i think it's really helping. plus it's my first real art instruction (hopefully the first of a long line) kind of exciting! I'd post some sketches from the class but unfortunatly my scanner isn't big enough .... oh well maybe I'll figure something out...
    Attachment 311967

Thanks
    Good for you, taking a class.

About drawing ADD: I know exactly what you mean. I get all antsy and nervous sometimes, and I feel like I just need to stand up and leave. When I have to work for long periods of time, I really try to calm down, and remember not to worry. It's okay to stop drawing for a bit, then go back to it after a short break. The important thing is going back to it. Just have fun with a long study. No pressure. You have all the ime in the world.

Thanks
    well i just "finished" my piece for my crusade duel against Cupidsart (BTW crusades rock!) and a quick sketch for another duel too! Comments would be greatly appreciated....

Attachment 312114

Attachment 312119

Thanks
    Just a couple of ideas on the last one:

It looks like his cloak/blanket is open. Nothing wrong with this, but I think that if it was open into the wind like that it would be billowing out a whole lot, and he would be cold. I guess I'm suggesting that you move the opening so that it isn't facing into the wind.

Also, I don't know the topic for the challenge, but he seems out of place in his surroundings. Maybe put him next to a fire, or a tree, or a rock, anything. He kind of looks like he's just shivering out in the middle of nowhere. Bring him into his setting.

I really like the look of this one, and I eagerly await the finished product.

Thanks
    Sedig- well I tried to make it look like the wind was coming at his side... lol and his setting is the middle of nowhere (oh and it is done. check the crusades page if you want to see it before i put it up here...)

k, here's a concept that I want to expand into a bigger drawing (obviously with more detail) and I was wondering if u guys had any ideas or crits for it... thx!
    Attachment 312372

Thanks
    ok, I still want input on the previous post.... but here's the finished version of my drawing for the crusades...

Attachment 312716

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast