Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,812 Times in 2,528 Posts
    Ahoy there!
    I see that you are doing two things that I am avoiding relatively good: you are drawing a lot from life and you are doing lot of animal drawings. I really appreciate it and I like your devotion to this drawings. I would like to start doing these also, especially drawings from life, like for example drawing people around me like you did, but I just cannot get myself into that dimension .

What I like more here is that you have a pretty amount of sketches and you are working overtime and I think that he mileage and the experience will bring the crop in at the end, just keep going like this.

I was examining more your sketchbook lately and I would suggest that you do your pencil drawings in the fashion like you did here, cause this looks the best if you ask me. The shading and the lines are so great, maybe just go more darker with the dark areas:

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to LtPlissken For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    LtPlissken: Just get out there and try doing some stuff from life, and animals and anything else you want. You can try it, and it might look horrible, but if you work at it, it'll work out. Working at anatomy etc. and from life is so you can show what you want to say through images and have it look the way you want. (HAVE FUN TOO ) It's a bit like trying to speak swahili or something and not knowing where to start. You aren't going to be able to do poetry or make a nice story if you don't learn the language first. And believe me, when you try learn a language you make so many mistakes that are embarrassing it's ridiculous. I know I don't like to put myself out there and make the mistakes, so you end up not saying anything and not getting better.

Thank you for the insight. You're right about the darks.

I did some landscape thumbs a while back that I found. Meh.

Attachment 905099 Attachment 905100

And the assignment in English was to create a greeting card that is an analogy. Here's a mock-up. I love this guy!

Attachment 905102 Attachment 905103

Thanks
    Thanked 1,329 Times in 1,087 Posts
    Really nice updates pixie! The last one is really creative too

I am glad to hear that your hand is better, and that you are drawing!!
    More values in your digi landscapes please. I really can't feel any light source, witch makes it odd. And about your traditional work, i like it, really really do, and it would look even better if you'd do the dark parts even darker like LtPlissken said.
    Sketchbook - I really appreciate comments and critique, please visit!

Danny_K Icecold

"Good artists are the crappy artists who never gave up!!"

Thanks
    My hand is better, but there's some lingering effects. It's not going to be 100% for another month or so apparently. (There goes my 6ish hours of badminton a week) You're band on about the landscape. I get so focused sometimes (especially if it's done in one go) that I lose my ability to judge contrast. I've tried adjusting it but it looks horrid. Thanks.

A thumb on the topic of peace.

Attachment 907926

Some more work on the gal. With out the bg so you can spot any errors. to crit. I'm not 100% sure what to do with the bg, but this works so far. I will need to do some correcting so the light source sin't only from the right as well as other little thingies. CRITS!!! PLEASE!!!!!

Attachment 907924 Attachment 907925

Thanks
    bahahha.. i digg that zombie card. I'd totally love to get that in the mail! braaaaiiins!!!!
    sketchbook

Melb gra-FIGHT CLUB is on!
    Details here.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 781 Posts
    The landscape studies in post #212 are good, though much too many colors. Limit your pallet to 3 or 4 main colors and check out this tutorial on speed painting. It has helped me throughout the years.

If you got something from the study, that is worth your time! In fact, any time you sit down and draw you are learning more about art!

I like that zombie card too. Hehe :]

Thanks
    Knoxie: hehehe.... he just wants a hug. Zombies are misunderstood....or he just wants brains...hehe.

MattGamer: Thanks for the hints.

I'm slowly being struck by the lack of ideas in this sb. I must do something to fix that... so here's some stuff. The final of the zombie card. Some more evolution practice etc, a wip thing I've been working on in my spare minutes at school, and another colour/enviro study. I think it got a little overworked by the end, but meh. Learned a bunch! I figured out how to make animated gifs too!

Attachment 911107

Attachment 911110

Attachment 911111

Attachment 911114

Attachment 911117

Thanks
    nice studies and sketches !! you should work a bit more on the color studie , it could look very cool with a bit of work on it , refine the edges and textures , make it more precise keep it up !!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,812 Times in 2,528 Posts
    Hi. I was waiting ready for your updates. Great job on this enviro gif. I like how the work flowed. Maybe you should go even more detailed on those objects on the painting.
    Excellent Zombie cards, you are really creative. You are running out of sketchbook ideas? That cannot happen
    I have so much ideas but not enough time to put them down on paper. Just look around you, there are plenty of subjects around in the everyday life to be drawn, and not to talk about our imagination. Just let you creativity flow open.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,837 Times in 1,109 Posts
    Your digital work has improved sooooo much! Great colours! LOVE the zombies too... "it can all be ended by a SHOTGUN!!" haha great stuff!

Keep up them studies too!
    cheers,
    matt
    Quote Originally Posted by gutss View Post
    yesterday, God came to me in a dream and told me that if I don't become a comic book artist, he has decreed that I shall instead be a burlesque dancer.
    And I said, "But God, nice panties are so expensive!"
    And he said, "Welp, I suppose you better shut up and draw."

Blog
    SketchBook (updated)
    Company

Thanks
    Hey, thanks for visiting my SB!

Some nice progress from page one, especially with the enviros. Love the last .gif you did with the progress.

One crit though - about the bald lady, watch the head shape and the proportions on her face, maybe make her head rounder on top and give her more jaw like in THIS image? And I'd make her neck a tad thinner too.

Oh, and love the zombie card XD
    Sketchbook .... Blog .... DevArt .... Tumblr

Thanks
    Double post, sorry.
    Last edited by The Whistler; April 8th, 2010 at 07:09 PM.
    Sketchbook .... Blog .... DevArt .... Tumblr

Thanks
    wow~ that's one interesting way to paint digitally!! really like seeing the steps too

it's a good example of sketch-block in-detail on top, more please, more!

Danny_K Icecold

Thanks
    Asahi-SD- : Thanks! I'm not sure I will or not. I probably should though! (...eat your spinach!!!!....)

LtPlissken: Gah! You were waiting..... I feel so over rated... now I'm blushing! I'm not running out of ideas. I was more struck by how much of my sb was studies and stuff like that and nothing that is of my own idea that I'm trying to say something with.

JailHouseRock: Thanks! I love the zombie too!

The Whistler: Very welcome. Thanks for pointing those little things out.

Blacky:

I have two university portfolio interviews at the end of the week and I'm scared. One even has a drawing test! : Ahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Some pencils. I;'ve been trying to darken up my shading as per advie. I just realised that the thumb is completely out of proportion to the rest of the hand. Really just warmups/gestures. Applying my 00-20s fashion knowledge. And that shiny bow material is fun!

Attachment 912148

Attachment 912151

Thanks
    Don't panic, you'll be just fine! Art test or not, drawing or not, you'll surely come up with something creative. That's what you do

That big,shiny bow looks really fun draw! Shiny stuff are fun to draw in general actually hehe. :3
    Guess you know what's up with that hand, so i won't bring it up. I'm bad at rl hand studies so i can't complain xD

GOOD LUCK PIXIE!!
    Tell us how it went for ya

Danny_K Icecold

Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast