color my sketch

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: color my sketch

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

color my sketch

.. uh color .. my sketch:
    color my sketch

i dont want to.

the sketch is of a surgen's assembly line, he stops the squirting artery ..

-killing.people

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here's my coloring of it. It's my first time coloring something on the computer, so I kept it very simple by only using the fill tool. I didn't try getting rid of the bad borders between some colors. I was going to add some blood stains to his shirt, but I didn't know how.

I like the style of the drawing. It reminds me of something, but I'm not sure what.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    makes me think Peter Chung.. creator of Ćon Flux.
    v cool.. id color it tonight if rigor mortis wasn't setting in ><

love the Kleenex holder

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Cool

he he he, that was a fun 30 mins.
    thanks for the opp, killing.fun!

hope you enjoy my take on it....

color my sketch

:afro2:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

woop

I started at around 8pm and called it quits around 4am.

color my sketch

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wtf? c'mon guys, do his sketch some justice.. i really liked it and thought i'd give it a try.. sorry for the crappy bg but i didn't have nuff time to finish that.

here ya go:
    color my sketch

sorry for the haircut, i didn't like the old one

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    that was so much fun!

it is interesting to see everyone's interpetation of my sketch. that was so much fun to see, thanks to everyone that took the time!! we should totally start a thread like this! that was so enjoyable for me to browse! i want to color one - i feel it is most people's weakest area and it could help. we could call it coloring book or within the lines or something witty. unless that isnt .. i dont know .. nevermind.

nacho:
    how did you do that? that is awesome! your choices in color are awesome, the blood is my favorite. i tried to make the blood look like it was squirting straight up from a body on a convayer belt - i didnt really like how i drew it. i like how you either read it wrong and made it running down the wall or found it as annoying as i did and used your artistic license, you did great! and i love his new hair it looks awesome. his goggles are a cool color and his head is shaded wonderfully! what program did you use? painter? his bib, the diplomas .. thanks!! could you tell me what technical steps you did so i can try it? coloring is my most hated enemy.

zeitgeist: am a peter chung fan! i am a huge fan of the unrushed animations of aeon flux. i love the perverted utopia created by peter chung, he rocks. i love the kleenex box too, hehe.

bonedog:
    hey! this isnt my sketchbook! and its different when i ask .. fo- you see i dont always do th- i was only .. i didnt .. shut up!
    :funny:

afrolaxman:
    thats great! nacho put you guys to shame but i am sure you could do better right? :funny: it looks great. it is amazing how you all read it differently. i would like maybe a sketch from you that we could color, i know you rock at sketching. nothing to detailed like your techno fatty! -but yeah. thanks!

mtw:
    that looks okay! you are a perfect example of why more of this would help with coloring skills! that is how i used to color in stuff with photoshop. i want to learn how to color a sketch like imp.head, promethius, kchen (dreamin`) and i think one day i will .. maybe better (look out!) your coloring looks cartoonish and makes my sketch look even more peter chung. what program did you use to color the sketch? most people have a way to paint under the sketch and then after that, they paint on top of the sketch, i havent found a best way for me yet and i want the painterly feel that nacho got, that much others get to. thanks for your time man you rock!

-killing.people

Last edited by killing.people; October 11th, 2002 at 06:38 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanx, i'm glad you like it. i don't color too much, i'm more of a pencil guy
    i used oc for that one so i don't get lost in brush setups or background textures and all that fancy stuff, painter and photoshop use.
    technique.. well the usual way i guess. i created a multiply layer on top of the linework, then i quickly threw in the background colors, with a big brush, so i didn't have to work on a white bg, because that often ruins the colors for me (too bright). i also decided the position of the lightsource in this step.
    then i blocked in the colors for the guy, his shirt, his skin color (i wanted him to be really pale, because he reminded me of the shadowrun books i read some years ago), i left the hair without color first. after trying different colors for the hair, i decided that he needed a new haircut, because i find it hard to render hair that has an outline. so i erased the outline on the line-layer. then. i worked with the dodge-tool on the highlites, shame on me
    then i put in a rough shaidn on the guy, added the blood on his shirt/arms. the blood involved a lot counterpainting with the shirt color, to give me that splatter look, i also used a tiny brush for the little blood drips (or whatever you call it).
    i also erased the bloodfountailn from the sketchlayer, because i didn't know how to color it, because it was black... i also missunderstood it, i thought i was a splatter on the wall then i decided to use the dodge tool some more on his goggles because i wanted a scary look, with glowing eyes...
    after that it was all doodling with darker colors of the skin, for shading and understanfing his strange anatomy...
    after putting down a more refinded shading, i put some green on his right side, that was supposed to be light, reflected by the walls.. kinda wrong, but i liked the look. i also darkened the area, where light and shadow meet, dunno why, i guess because i do that with my pencilshading all the time.
    then i was finished, i just put some details in the blood, added highlites and a dropshadow on the wall behind him, just for the look of it... i think i did pretty much just for the look of it in that picture

that's it. i love oc, so simple....
    i hope my english made sense and i could give you a general idea of my technique.
    post some more drawings, i'd like to color another one...

EDIT:
    the whole thing took me 90 minutes.

Last edited by nacho; October 11th, 2002 at 09:08 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Talking

that is so awesome! i wish eveyone would go into detail of how they constructed a peice - more importantly their thought process, you rock!

i have a sketch that will work great for a second round, the anatomy is a little (and i used the term humbly in which i cant draw anatomy properly to begin with and loosely in which i camoflauge opposed to stylize)"fostered" which it is kind of stylized.

-killing.people

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    color this:
    color my sketch

a monsterous simbiant has taken over this body.
    -kill

Last edited by killing.people; October 11th, 2002 at 11:45 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Second round? Hehe, im still putting time into the first. Hopefully i can come up to nachos version in comparison. Hopefully within the week it might be done. Awsome drawings BTW, probably the reason mi pulled to them is because it resembles Peter Chung's. Well until next time.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Originally posted by killing.people
    mtw:
    that looks okay! you are a perfect example of why more of this would help with coloring skills! that is how i used to color in stuff with photoshop. i want to learn how to color a sketch like imp.head, promethius, kchen (dreamin`) and i think one day i will .. maybe better (look out!) your coloring looks cartoonish and makes my sketch look even more peter chung. what program did you use to color the sketch? most people have a way to paint under the sketch and then after that, they paint on top of the sketch, i havent found a best way for me yet and i want the painterly feel that nacho got, that much others get to. thanks for your time man you rock!
    I used Corel Photo-Paint 7.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Wink here is a 45min take

color my sketch

i spent a little extra time on this, had a bit of difficulty reading the body parts, so I tried at adding some veins and arteries. odd pic, killing.sir, but it was a fun one to eellus-trate...

i will post a sketch on this thread to give you guys a go as soon as i find one that isn't "to detailed like your techno fatty!"
    i like to daw lotsa details, it's fun.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    doh! ill have to add the blood next time...

color my sketch

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Greetings killing. Whats this i finally had enough time to finish the first one? heh, hope you enjoy.

color my sketch

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great job! wow this is an old post!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, i started it when you first posted. Transfered to a bigger file (8.5X11 300dpi for print) But then i accidently saved it smaller again, and well, it took me til last week to finish the backgrounds (In between classes) Then i finished the guy yesterday.

I had to do this sketch some justice, the others were laughable. And BTW, i didnt moddify with the drawing, unlike most the others

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.