What is capitalism ?

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

What is capitalism ?

A project for university, for a prof who has a distaste for digital medium...hoping to show it's a viable medium.

We were given a questionare of sorts and had to pick a question from it to conceptualize/draw...

I need to add a guy in a throne which is being supported by an "energy" emenating from the masses....he'll probably be holding a pop can or something....

thanks in advance...

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    this is one of those pieces where I can't say much for the technical aspects, as it isn't really important to me for a piece like this.

It conveys a message to me, a very powerful one. It's frighteningly real and I am surprised how much I can pick up from this kind of information. I gain a sense of how you feel.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think plenty can be said about the technical aspects, because I'm not even sure what I'm looking at. Are the objects candles, cans, tall shots? I suppose the man/boy is picking them up, but I first thought he was perhaps placing them down. The sky is hugely distracting but completely empty. Even if you add that throne you should tone down the contrast and texture, or else the throne will be lost in a sea of noise. But then it seems like you're going to have two conflicting focal points, the throne and the boy, and the piece will be even more confusing.

The boy and the ground have the same limited values, so he blends into the back ground, and then the eye is drawn to the very dark crowd. I think you'd be best off starting again, drawing the throne at the same time as everything else

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well I'm not too sure how many things you know of that grow out of candles...or cold shots....but I planned on defining the testtubes more....

Also your first instinct was right, he is placing them down, or planting them...so that's good.

It's also OK to have more then one focal point in a piece, you can have 1000 as long as the eye moves between them adequately and does not go stagnant on one part....

I agree on the sky though....it was something I did right before "saving for web" and ya I wouldn't want it that harsh....but close...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 286 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    i would seriously suggest getting some solid reference for the poses you are attempting in this instance, especially given you hope to prove to your professor that the digital medium is a viable one. the arms + hands dont seem to match up with the remainder of your main character, who is not a boy, not a man, but nowhere in between. you need to decide what age your subject is gonna be. his upper half is way out of proportion with his lower half, even when taking perspective, foreshortening, and his crouching pose. the figures in the BG are all too evenly spaced. if you want to make them an interesting focal point, space them at more irregular intervals, particularly the people at the front of the mob. also consider your light source/s carefully. i'll be checking up on you to see how things are turning out

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.