These were illustrations that I did for an independent study this quarter. All 6 were supposed to be part of a visual narrative. They were good enough for me to pass but only 1 is solid to act as a portfolio piece. My professor told me that I need to tighten things up and take more risks, which I agree on.
Did more of the sketch on the 27th and started making the base in maya for about a week or so now. I haven't decided if I want to give him a beak or just have a full human face. I also started thinking about the if I want the wings attached the the human arms or at the connection of the hips to the bird body.
Sketch of my peacock head. Decided to give him huge eyes, and I changed his head shape to a more heroic/body builder type, even though its still tiny in size like an actual peacock. For the beak piece, I wanted to have a hint of it so i went with being attached to the bridge of the nose. Ears are nubs protruding from the sides with just a hole leading to the ear canal. Most of his face and head will be covered in feathers save for his mouth.
This was me trying to redraw the character I started painting and posted a few tears ago here. Attachment 1427349
Last two was me trying to draw an asian chick then failing, then I went back to another character I designed and trying to see if I can make his hair more non realistic than what i had before. It was just going to be dreads in a ponytail, then it went to a dread-wolf tail type, then its now a wolf-tail with pig tails int he back. Very outside the box and manly!
Something new. A new character I'm trying to flesh out. Haven't done a full body sketch yet. Started on the head first, then I realized that I had no idea how her head dress would look or the rest of her outfit. I know she's going to be super tall.
More of my new character the Sea Dragon Empress. I'm stuck on her outfit so I decided to do a bust. Her neck is long intentionally since she's not fully human. I started this on paper so some things are off a little, I meant for this to be smaller on paper but it wound up taking up all the room, so I had to draw the tiara seahorse headdress in photoshop.
My friends and I are doing a modeling challenge on facebook to create models for Classic Thundercats. I chose Wilykat. Haven't attached the head or done the clothes yet. I was told that his feet were too long, didn't get to that yet either. He probably won't need toes though. I'm going to sculpt this in zbrush since I know his facial proportions look off and I just wanted to make sure I had all the necessary loops for the head. WIPS: