Sketchbook: Digital Funtime:Upd 11/1/2010 - Page 18
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Digital Funtime:Upd 11/1/2010

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    that robot kicks ass. i like how you have integrated it with your previous enviro. there was something lacking about that enviro but the addition of the mecha-thingy-majig really enhances the whole composition.

also, it is a rough piece but it can be completed in a rough way. if you just do some more touching up - in a rough way - on the legs, arms and parts of the mid section on the mech it would feel more complete. i think that doing so could be a nice way for you to start training yourself to complete pieces. maybe starting with "rough" finishes will help you ease into working towards completed pieces.

Blog
    Sketchbook

"Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now."
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Peetaer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    silent K: haha thanks, i like that transdimensional meathead, that's a first!

hala: hehe shoopa shanks, *wave'n back* =)

Grandmassa Mr. Spect: thanks dood! past 200, no? oh i see what your talking about the dpi i think, yea i normally work at 72dpi res just for web not print but the dimensions i normally work around 2000-3000 and resize the image smaller

Peetaer: hey thanks a bunch dood, and definitely liking the recommendation, something i really like about a raw finish but maybe it's just my way of being lazy muhhaha!

here's enviro speedy, i dropped my tablet pc (hehe not in frustration) was on this picture stand and too many wires, one thing led to another and the hard drive made the clicking noise of death so, not sure if i'll be able to get to anymore today

i was testing out and experimenting with djahal's brushes, not sure if i spelled that right but he's got some awesome speedpaint videos on youtube

oh plus i decided to participate in this 30 day marathon over at deviantart, did it last year and really help push me to work faster and harder so doing again this year if your interested in joining contact *sc-parade over at deviantart here's a link; started July 1st but you can still join

SSG 69 ARTGASMIC FORCE
    Mission: To push our skills to evolve to the point of giving you visual orgasm.
    Eon l grenappels l snootchy l Peetaer l bleupencil

Last edited by snootchy; July 5th, 2009 at 08:55 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Kick ass. The values are a bit loose on this one, but the shapes and compositions rock hard. (oh lawl no pun intended).the colors are good too and harmonious

and f*ck. I hate that click of death. I've lost three hard drives to the click of death.i really hope you're able to fix the prob man!

"Be either full-assed or no-assed. There is no half assed."

SSG SKETCHPOT/FLYING RADISHES/ OR JUST PLAIN AWESOME.
    KT | Reutte | Darkmoon |Asatira | AnthonyV

[CENTER]
    My Website
    ~ My Sketchbook ~ My Blog ~ My Twitter ~ My Deviantart ~

5. The Following User Says Thank You to hala For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,154 Times in 2,281 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    the ROCKS ROCK!!!!! pun fully intended hope yer computer is ok an good luck w/ the marathon!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SMILEFACE For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,838 Times in 1,110 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Love the evo's man!! Your work always has suct asweome texture and depth, Lovin it!

The last one with the Mecha is great as well!

Good luck with the marathon mate,

Cheers,
    matt

Quote Originally Posted by gutss View Post
    yesterday, God came to me in a dream and told me that if I don't become a comic book artist, he has decreed that I shall instead be a burlesque dancer.
    And I said, "But God, nice panties are so expensive!"
    And he said, "Welp, I suppose you better shut up and draw."

Blog
    SketchBook (updated)
    Company

9. The Following User Says Thank You to JailHouseRock2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hala: thanks, yea values aren't great cuz when i checked it in b&w before posting the values weren't that dark in the foreground, i guess still have a bad eye starting off in color, but good eye and thanks for the tip!

Grandmassa Mr. Spect: thanks man! you should come do the marathon, actually everyone should, be fun!!

JailHouseRock2: thanks dood, yea still major newb with textures but trying, thanks!!

so the hard drive pooped out, ah well i guess it's a sign to work harder hehe; here are 2 WIPS i worked on today, the first one i plan to finish (fingers crossed) posted the pic with the persp grid and without, it's suppose to be a city nested in the mountain, the second one suppose to be a garage/car dealer gotta work out the vehicles and the building, was a bit looser and didn't use a perspective grid; the hard drive i'm using is way too slow 4200rpm man old school just rike me, hehe!!

tried to transfer my sketches but the thumb drive is being a real bugger like me so will have to wait to post.

*edit* i'm an idiot was using wrong sd card format, y can't they keep things simple and just keep one format, i'm not complain'n a heck of a lot since sdhc cards are much cheaper, here's a couple quick sketches done last nite, rendered a little on the last one, sorry for the horrible pics, using the small digi cams and i can't get the white balance right

SSG 69 ARTGASMIC FORCE

Last edited by snootchy; July 7th, 2009 at 01:36 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to snootchy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    man
    ur enviros are getting so good. can't wait to see mroe work on them!!! Your perspective grid is helpful to see--I can't say anything constructive right now xD
    : D
    Sucks about your hard drive though

[CENTER]
    My Website

13. The Following User Says Thank You to hala For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    WHATFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!! so cool SO COOL ! DONT TOUCH ME WWWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !wHAt was that shhhh.....OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

I THINK YER MEGA AWSOME SKILLS MADE MA BRAIN SNAP! HOPE YER HAPPY WITH YOUR SELF psH*

15. The Following User Says Thank You to SMILEFACE For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    dig the rocks dude, but something about them seem a little "planned". and i agree with hala on the "too looseness" of values. the textures are great though. and i love the foreground/midground/background placement.

bummer about the hard rive situation. i would comment on your new WIP's but i can't see them for some reason. must be something with my browzser.

Blog
    Sketchbook

"Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now."

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Peetaer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like the second Wip just a little more, but I'm sure you'll make great work out of both, just keep working, you're really improving!

“Nothing in this world that's worth having comes easy”

My Sketchbook DeviantArt

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Nele Klumpe For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Not_Deadman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hala: keke thanks! great to hear that but still need to study perspective a lot more but will work on

Grandmassa Mr. Spect: thanks dood, lol that's exactly the way i feel everytime i see new posts by you haha!

Peetaer: thanks brah! yea it was a really loose one, was practicing with lasso tool still, but definitely need to develop better eye for values when working in color

AvisNocturna: hey thanks Nele! digging ur latest sketches!

Not Deadman: lol awesome handle!! thanks, yea been a year and half since i started but still gots a long ways, lets both work hard to get where were going!!

got sick of enviro plus this tablet pc is way too slow so will definitely finish those up when i get back to apt to the wacom pad and desktop.

here are some character and portraits; the first character set i was thinking of designing a team in rpg game, got the archetypal set some strong dood, magic lady, and probably add a dwarf as 3rd character

oh yea can anyone tell me if the colors are really muted or desaturated, cuz when i look at the stuff done off this tab pc on my desktop monitor the colors are extremely desaturated?

SSG 69 ARTGASMIC FORCE

Last edited by snootchy; July 8th, 2009 at 02:14 AM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to snootchy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    As for the saturation I wouldn't say extremely desaturated, but you could add a little more saturation here and there If you want to keep working on this, check her eyes, they'Re placed a little too much at the top of the head. (same in the picture below.) I like their poses

My Sketchbook DeviantArt

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Nele Klumpe For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    WICKED CHARACTERS' an is it wierd if i think the three girls are HELLA HOT' if so then i didn't say that out loud wispers thier hella hot

27. The Following User Says Thank You to SMILEFACE For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice sketchbook, great use of texture

29. The Following User Says Thank You to maeshanne For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    AvisNocturna: thanks for the reply on saturation and good catch on the eye position, something looked really off!!

Grandmassa Mr. Spect: lol you crack me up, and no it's not weird but the faces are so wonky hehe, thanks dood!!

maeshanne: thanks dood, stopped by ur SB, some really nice portraits and thumbs!!

k touched up a little, extended the forehead but the proportions still look off; also bumped up the saturation, hope the saturation is a bit better; also added previous character design to it and colored slightly, definitely gonna have to study fabric/drapery or ref that, have no clue about that stuff

SSG 69 ARTGASMIC FORCE

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the new GUY IS FREAK'N WICKED!!!!!!

32. The Following User Says Thank You to SMILEFACE For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome new characters there. The dude on the left lacks development though. There's not enough value differentiation overall. He seems a bit flat when compared to the other two. I think you did the best job on the guy on the right.

PS: That perspective one from further up is hot. Good that you're pushing your perspective studies!

Blog
    Sketchbook

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Peetaer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love the mantle on the lady, and the dude on the right, but i agree, the man on the left have anything other than his sledge hammer to show who he is--the rest all have an accessory/tweak to them that makes them unique. He needs that haha
    Totally love themmm!!!

[CENTER]
    My Website

36. The Following User Says Thank You to hala For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Grandmassa Mr. Spect: keke shanks mang!! your portraits coming up next muhahaha!

Peetaer: thanks man! yea i started the guy in the left in color so my eye is definitely still weak in identifying value in color compared to the guy on the right which i did in tones will work on

Hala: yea definitely gonna spice up the design on the left guy, thanks!

this one's for you Nele, decided to do after I wrote about drawing in highlights, midtones, and shadows 3 dimensional with lines or kind of what i meant, took another step further and blocked in tones with acrylics, kind of grisailles approach; used burnt umber, didn't have any spray fixative, so tried using wax hairspray (<------do not do this, it will mask spots, haha) but you can use hairspray (preferably unscented unless you want your piece to have that smell factor) to fix the drawing to the canvas then applied a wash of burnt umber, better to not use lots of water or else you'll have to wait for it to dry for a bit (or u can use a hair dryer to dry it quickly) then created 3 values, i tend make the lightest light with a touch of burnt umber and the darkest dark with some white; it's good idea to conserve your darkest darks and brightest brights for punchy highlights or dark core/cast shadows to make forms pop or recede, respectively; sorry just relaying what i learned in one session i had with 'shiet can remember his name but it was a guy that used to attend GCA (grand central academy of art)

oh yea the proportions are definitely off, didn't spend time measuring stuff out was just trying to get a quick example out there

SSG 69 ARTGASMIC FORCE

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thats RAD!!!!! thats pretty much how i do pencil sketches

39. The Following User Says Thank You to SMILEFACE For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome technique man! Never use "Aussie" hairspray. Garnier works. (Though, never spray more than twice or you'll get stain marks) <---poor college kids. we use the hair spray all the time xD So much cheaper than fixative but doesn't hold as well like you said.
    Thanks for sharing this with us!

[CENTER]
    My Website

41. The Following User Says Thank You to hala For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Grandmassa Mr. Spect: thanks you rock hardcore and big ups for the portrait!

Hala: haha thanks so much for the Garnier tip gonna have to go and stock up muhaha!

alrighty been chugging away at this for last hour and half, hopefully i'll have time to finish it up later, the picture was a bit desat, so i've been just working on adding hues into the sketch, plan on painting over the lines and harmonizing the mess hehe!

this ones for ur granny G money!

oh yea Mr Spect, was going to ask you how do you embed youtube videos in your posts, been looking around but not sure how, appreciate if you can help wif this?

SSG 69 ARTGASMIC FORCE

43. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to snootchy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lol what's this, we are all having a portrait party over here XD awesome process shots man!

[CENTER]
    My Website

45. The Following User Says Thank You to hala For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,838 Times in 1,110 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Duuuuuuude, Spect portraits looking awesome!!!!! Love how you handled the contours, and some great tones in there too!!

And I love the one Grandma did of you too! Nice work guys!

Linkin' your work with the acrylics too, master of all media!

Keep rockn' my friend!
    matt

Quote Originally Posted by gutss View Post
    yesterday, God came to me in a dream and told me that if I don't become a comic book artist, he has decreed that I shall instead be a burlesque dancer.
    And I said, "But God, nice panties are so expensive!"
    And he said, "Welp, I suppose you better shut up and draw."

Blog
    SketchBook (updated)
    Company

47. The Following User Says Thank You to JailHouseRock2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    DUDE MANG THATS LOOK'N FREAK'N EPIC YOUR BADD@$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AN i HOPE THIS HELPS

EDIT an lol i need to shave

Attached Images Attached Images  

49. The Following User Says Thank You to SMILEFACE For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yay, more blocking in! This looks really good. Do you work with full opacity? Because I feel like then colours tend to get muddy what happened here and there in the latest portrait. Just do some more strokes with full opacity, that would make the portrait even better.
    Keep it up!

My Sketchbook DeviantArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

peanut buttah jelly time!! Thanks again Granny Spect!!

hala: haha you know it, it all started with that lounge but kind of nice to put a face to the great people here on CA, thanks!

JailHouseRock2: keke thanks brah! hardly that, if anything master of nothing, i think life would be boring if you mastered something, plus still trying to catch up to ur talented arse, hehe!!

Grandmassa Mr. Spect: haha awesome big thanks on the youtube thing! nah scruff is good, awesome for texture!!

AvisNocturna: Hey Nele thanks, actually this first initial part I decided to lay in as much color as I could based off what I think the colors would be in the photograph, because I read somewhere that skin tone has lots of colors in it and to get that vibrancy it sometimes helps to work a undercoat of a range of colors and then begin to paint on top, so i guess that's where i am so far with Granny's portrait, but thanks and I'll definitely keep that in mind, I know I can get muddy real fast, haha good thing it's digital =)

sorry mang don't think i'm gonna be able to finish this today, worked on a tad, didn't have that much time but definitely finishing this tomorrow, maybe your portrait can be my first finish piece, woo hoo (fingers tightly crossed)! Also here's a real quickie, cuz the tab pc was being a real bugger again.

If anyone uses the Motion M1400 and has that jitter problem where when you have the opacity set to pen pressure and after the jitter it lays an opaque stroke rather than transparent and figured a solution to this, your help would be most graciously appreciated? I've tried tabtip and all it does is hog some memory.

SSG 69 ARTGASMIC FORCE

Last edited by snootchy; July 10th, 2009 at 12:42 PM.

52. The Following User Says Thank You to snootchy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    good portrait n alll....cool....!!!

54. The Following User Says Thank You to bharat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks fer make'n me look BAD@$$ an as the last one was loading i was like thats cool an the rez kept slowly becoming sharper an i was like OOOOOOOOO SNAPS* THATS FREAK'N WICKED' ahh an lol you gotta switch <> greater than er less tooz for [] brackets everything esle is right on the money

56. The Following User Says Thank You to SMILEFACE For This Useful Post:

Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 2