Sketchbook: Reeshi's *enter clever adjective here* sketchbook

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Reeshi's *enter clever adjective here* sketchbook

I have returned from the dead ~(O__O~)
    More recent stuff near the bottom (:

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Reeshi; February 13th, 2009 at 12:09 AM.
    "Here I was in my own little world, talking to myself and dreaming about candy bracelets..." - Perry Cox

Reeshi's Sketchbook: Every critique you give expands your lifespan by .00008 seconds.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

What is this?

The first two are the progress of a digital picture I'm making for someone else.

Also, for the last two: I have no idea what this creature is, but I got the idea a while ago, and decided to sketch and scribbles the ideas down in case I decided to work with it...

Last edited by Reeshi; December 9th, 2007 at 01:21 PM.
    "Here I was in my own little world, talking to myself and dreaming about candy bracelets..." - Perry Cox

Reeshi's Sketchbook: Every critique you give expands your lifespan by .00008 seconds.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi there, welcome to CA and to the wonderful world of sketchbooks where you will most likely never get replies unless you have 5*s or post in other people's SBs I see you only have two posts since joining so if you really want people to take the time to look at your work you need to get out and check theirs out too and leave helpful comments.

From what I can tell your poses are not bad. They can be refined but honestly your biggest problem right now is lack of contrast. I can barely see the thin dark lines amongst all that white. Make them thicker, scan better, select auto-contrast if you're using Photoshop. This will generally callibrate pencil drawings very well for me especially if I do shadows. Onto shadows, without wasting much time you can easily make your figures pop by adding a quick shadow and light.

The last piece looks neat, I'm not sure what's going on but I definitely like the shapes. Keep it up.

Oh, another thing is to take part in the special events like COWs. Go find out about them! This will definitely get a lot of people to look at your work and give you good critique if you need it. Good luck.

Niva's Links: Sketchbook | Eternal Seven Website
    Doomsday Dream Clan Artists: Clanlord | Headhunter
    Team CHOW III: Doomsday Dream Clan

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Haha, well thank you for stopping by despite that I'll be sure to check out other people's sketchbooks today, and hopefully have something useful to say.

I went back and edited the sketches, so they're darker and hopefully easier to see now (: From now on, I'll try also try and sketch a bit cleaner, clean up the scans and such, so things will be more defined. Thank you for the advice

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Reeshi,

I really liked your hand studies, especially since they are to me the most difficult things to draw in the planet. =]

But I think you need to play with shadows more, although I'm not someone who can comment on others' art.

Sketchbooks

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Vritra - Thank you for stopping by my sketch book Hands have always been an obnoxious thing for me as well, so I've been trying to draw them a lot lately ^^;
    And I'm honored to receive your input Please don't hesitate to comment on other people's art, I bet you have plenty of good advice to share ^_^

Anyways, I took the advice by both of you, and worked a bit on shading today. Admittedly, I didn't have too much free time today, but the first attachment here is what I finished.
    (The second page is pretty much just rough ideas that were coming to my head during my Economics class.
    And I have a few pages of bone 'study' which I will probably post tomorrow)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    An update on the digital picture I'm working on. I adjusted the hues a bit as someone mentioned to me that the previous progress looked like it was underwater, rather than in a dark forest. I'm honestly not sure if this looks any better.
    I think one of my many weaknesses right now is placing characters in their surroundings, rather than just on top. Namely, I draw in the background after drawing the character, and it looks awkward.
    I'm not sure if I should keep practicing with digital art right now anyways, or set it aside for the time being in order to practice more fundamentals. I often hear people mention that you shouldn't start digital art until you have an understanding of other basics - heh, well I started drawing, and started digital art at the same time. A good, or bad thing I wonder.

Rambling aside...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Should have more of these soon...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Playing around with colour combinations for this...thing.
    This is also the first time I've tried this style of umm...digitally painting would be the correct term?

Anyways, I didn't want the colours to be too bright, but this just looks uninteresting, so I'll probably try again tomorrow.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I meant to update this almost daily, but school and computer problems got in the way recently.
    But here's a few things I did this week:
    More bones, and a few costume designs for a video project our English class is doing.
    (Macbeth in a mental asylum c: )

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Welcome to Conceptart!

You've got some good starts here and the dragon picture is pretty neat.

Somethings I would watch out for is the focus on contour. Alot of your drawings suffer from a lack of structure. Looking at your hand studies and bone studies there's seems to be an emphasis in capturing the outer contour, however without internal structure your forms begin to look doughy.

On your characters, you seem to be sticking with basic forms, like spheres for the head and shoulders. That's a great way to start, but keep working in it and begin adding in structural details. For example, finding the structure of the eye sockets and zygomatic arch would really help your creatures head studies.

Cheers, and good to see you at CA.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you for feedback, you have a pretty good understanding in using watercolor here. I like the Cat one and the combination of color you have chosen, everything blends well together with your drawing. It kind of gives you a mysteries environment mood/feeling
    Keep it up*~

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good start. : ) I really like those creatures. : D You should do some gesture drawing, it'll help make your figures a bit more fluid. Take a walk to the park and just draw people with loose curvy lines.
    Good luck!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's been way too long since I posted anything here D:
    I wish I had an excuse besides simply not drawing much lately...

Spiral - It's lovely to finally see you here It took me a bit of time to understand what you were telling me, but looking back at what I posted now, it seems way too obvious. I'm trying to work on that a lot, and will hopefully have some more things to show for it soon.

Kevinstarlight - Thank you I'll, err...certainly try ^^

Té-Can - Gesture drawings, got it. Parks are a bit beyond my reach, but for a while I was trying to draw the people in my classes a lot more often. I'll get back in the habit of doing that (:

Well, I only have one thing to post right now, and it's another work in progress :/
    I'm applying for an animation summer program, and I'm not quite sure how to put my assignments for that up here. So for now, this is what I've been working on besides those.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quick little speed paint-ish thing.
    A place in the story I'm creating...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 643 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    hey btw thank you soooooooooooooooooo much for the advice and crits you gave me, and lol although it seems like i love drawing manga and fanart i don't really that much it's just something to kill boredom i like realism very much and i think i will start by learning realism then learn other styles and make my own.
    Your sb is amazing i see studies great and you have some fantastic stuff in here real great keep it up

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lilnebo - Ah, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to sound as if I thought you only drew fan art or anything. I was just saying that there's ways to turn fan art into something helpful in the long run as well I love drawing manga and fan art as well actually, I just don't post them here. *tries to be sneaky*
    And thank you very much (:

Anyways, I spent the day at Borders Books today, and while taking a break from reading, I sat in the cafe and drew some people.
    And I started drawing a few things from books in the animals section, but I ran out of time unfortunately before I could do much.

I tried to define my lines more, but they still don't look good. So I'm going to focus on that tomorrow...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i like the studies, just keep drawing

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    swordmaster_g - Naturally ;P

1.) Figuring out how a cat lands on their feet. I was originally going to make an animation of it, but decided to try something else instead.
    2.) Some dogs ..;
    (The one in the top right corner that looks ridiculously out of place is a character of mine.)
    3.) Skulllllz >8D

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The skull studies are nice...

I like drawing skulls, it's a pursuit in and of it's self.

The dog skull is the nicest one.. but you need to apply that to your dog drawings. Your dog drawings.... lack skulls... even adding some indication of structure like the inset of the eye and the zygomatic arch will give them more convincing realism.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

*returns from the dead*

New Years Resolution 1: Revive CA sketchbook
    New Years Resolution 2: Keep CA sketchbook alive

Haha, it's been almost a year. All I have right now are some digital speed paintings, but when I get my scanner working again, I'll post some drawings from observation and such. (Just moved to a new apartment.)

1.) My first attempt at speedpainting with Photoshop. This was around Thanksgiving, 2008

2 & 3.) More recent speedpaintings in Photoshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Woe is I

Of course it would be just my luck that when I attempt to commit to something that requires an internet connection, my source of one would be taken away. *headdesk*

But, via power of travel and flashdrives, I have one recent speed painting to toss in here, just to keep it from dying completely.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Finished some stuff recently too big to post here, so I'll try and find out how to add them when I have a bit more time. Until then, a speed painting of random objects on my desk, and a few quick observation sketches.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    good work

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks ^_^

This was a picture for my friend, it's her own character design and such. Sorry for the board stretch.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    1.) Haha, Neopets. Had a blast colouring it.

2 and 3.) Pieces from a series based on memories and beliefs of childhood.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.