Thanks
    Thanked 3,346 Times in 1,120 Posts

Andrew Loomis Book copyrights

Wasn't sure if this is the right place to put this.

So basically, I have a few PDF's of out-of-print andrew loomis books that i refer to from time to time. I figure that I'd really like to get figure drawing for all it's worth printed and binded at staples so I don't have to be stuck to my computer to look at it. Problem is, when I asked, they said if it's copywrited they can't touch it.

I admit my ignorance, I don't even know how to find this out. The pfd I have doesn't come with any legal info. I figured since no company is losing any money from this it would be easy to get it printed and bound.... t'was wrong.

I could also print it out at the school and have it bound later by them, but I think tying up the printer for a while and using reams of paper would be a bit conspicuous.

Any ideas?

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I don't know if this affects in any way, but there's a spanish edition from 2005 of figure drawing for all its worth and successful drawing, if I remember well.

Thanks
    You're encountering a legal thing that the printers say all the time to deter potential jobs that they don't really want to print. . take it to a public library, open in acrobat reader there, and print it out... maybe print out a greyscale page first to double check the range. Or make friends with someone who runs one of the machines at their job and get them to print it for you. they're almost out of copyright i believe. get them printed... one of your teachers could probably do it for you as well, just explain the circumstances.

guggen

Thanks
    Thanked 3,346 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by guggenmaneuver View Post
    You're encountering a legal thing that the printers say all the time to deter potential jobs that they don't really want to print. . take it to a public library, open in acrobat reader there, and print it out... maybe print out a greyscale page first to double check the range. Or make friends with someone who runs one of the machines at their job and get them to print it for you. they're almost out of copyright i believe. get them printed... one of your teachers could probably do it for you as well, just explain the circumstances.

guggen

Thanks. Like I said I could always just do it at school, later so I won't tie up the printer for anyone else. Looks like that's the best choice....

Thanks
    Thanked 1,005 Times in 655 Posts
    Oh I was thinking of doing this myself.
    Reading on the computer sucks.

Thanks
    I've printed em out 4 to a page(A4), both sides....it makes it 4 times quicker and 8 times better for paper consumption...as long as you don't have eye problems its fine