Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 286 Posts

CS3 backwards compatible? pls halp kthx

im working on a friend's band myspace. im using an overlay, so i've created my imagery in CS3. running into a slight problem.. in the past, i've used ImageReady to breakdown the image and generate the HTML code needed for inserting the images into the profile in the correct order and placement, as well as hyperlinking certain areas of the image, using slices. I've only just realised that, whether it be because im on a mac or because ImageReady has been discontinued on versions later than CS2, i have no way to do this.

am i able to save the file as a CS2 compatible file? i have my old PC still that has CS2 and ImageReady, so if this is possible i'd need to know what format would work. I've already got my slices made in PS, and from memory this will transfer over when switching to ImageReady. i could always flatten the image im working with and re-slice it in the ImageReady program, but i'd need a format compatible with CS2.

you can see my predicament. has anyone got a way around this?

some help asap would be much appreciated

edit: if any program exists that i can easily generate the HTML code from PSCS3 on the mac, i wouldnt mind taking that route.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Save in Photoshop file format. The PSD files should work without much problem in between CS3 & CS2... just try it out. There is a program called PSDTOHTML (or something like that) that might help you out with that coding route...
    "Nihil est in intellectu quod non prius in sensu" | SB | Portfolio | FJGC (blog) | DA (Profile) | EJERCICIOS DE COLOR

Thanks
    Hmm, dreamweaver?
    Sketchbook. Treat Me Like A Moron
    I'm a dick, sometimes two. Hence my name.
    Edgar Allan Poe

Thanks
    Have you tried "save for web and devices" ?
    You can export your slices and there's also the option Format: "html only" when you save.
    But as Gringoloco said, the psd file should be compatible with CS2.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 286 Posts
    thanks guys, i worked it out. when i originally tried to go from mac + CS3 to PC + CS2, the disc must not have burned correctly, or the file may have been corrupted, cause it didnt work and naturally i assumed that there was a compatibility issue between the two versions of PS. managed to get it to work as a regular .psd thank goodness.