Bloody Worm

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Bloody Worm

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Bloody Worm

Again this image was a near to square canvas, so I have altered the dimensions. On reflection should the foreground be chopped and the rockface increased to give a more pleasing image. There is still a fair bit of work to be done here, but hey give me your feedback and I will post the changes.

Cheers

Bloody Worm

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think you need to follow a consistent level of detail/sharpness for the foreground vs the background.

For example, the goat has much more detail than a lot of things in the foreground (midground really). Or, the crow which is sharp enough that you could cut diamonds on him, vs how blurry the stomach is at the same plane.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The worm's tounge should be laying on the snow and not the side of its mouth. Birds don't normally come to a decaying body until a few hours after atleast.

If there birds are there, that means he's been standing there for a long time looking mean. Also, hes missing his back leg.

I would add battle scars and blood to his clothes and face.

Also, if the fatal wound is on the belly of the creature, why did he hop over the worm and then turn around?

I would maybe add a different expression to his face to better match the scene.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    For the worm's guts - it looks like he doesn't have anything other intestines in there. Add some 'meat or something. Actually about the intestines...a worm's body is pretty much its intestine, there probably shouldn't be anything spilling out, but having the underside cut open like that, we'd be looking down the intestine itself. Here's a quick cross section of worm.

Bloody Worm

Other than that, I think the other guys covered it pretty well.

Drunken Sketches - crit me, crit me

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for taking the time to post your comments. Good call in relation to the focus, or lack of consistency.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The thing sticking my mind is (are?) the intestines: not so much the exclusion of other organs, but that they're so far up.

And judging by the big, gnashy teeth, if nothing else, I'm going to guess it's not strictly your common-or-garden Lumbricus terrestris. Worm - in a non-taxonomic sense - can refer to a number of different creatures, particularly when you bring dragons and the like into it.

...which is only my opinion.
    Sketchbook Deviations

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really should have titled it Wyrm rather than Worm, and that would have opened up the possibilty of it being more akin to a dragon than the common earthworm. However that that doesn't detract from the fact that parts are not reading right for the viewer. Let's see if I can correct it over the next couple of days.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    cool image...like the subject....
    the anatomy of the worm dont bothers me, but I would like to see some stronger values. I guess a few stronger shadows especially in the middleground and at the figure would turn out good.
    Do you plan to put something in the foreground? a path, footsteps? otherwise it is a little bit to empty... imo.

the rendering of the snow is great!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Farin, glad you like the snow. I have altered one or two elements of the picture and should be able to update sometime between Christmas and New Year, just too much food to eat and bad TV to watch over the festive period.

Scotty

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i notice that the raven/crow is not standing out against the snoow as muc asit should,more contrast please, and also its a flat angle too the viewer where everyting else is ipped down towards the viewer, meaning it would be eaning way wayback,,and i picked tat because i cant pick anymore holes in it

And so like horses to water, the angels fell upon the land.....only bitter...only twisted...human after all...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey nice illustration here! i like the angle, and the color palette its really nice too, the only think i would like its some kind of more detail

keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think you could explore the use of silhouettes in relation to the design of this image. They was the composition is set up as it is has a slight lack of clarity and readability. I also think some variation in certain shapes, like where the snow meets the rock and where the blood is out on the snow, would held in adding interest to their shape. What I mean is that the edge o the snow against the rocks looks almost straight, when, it could be more, not straight sorry for any confusion with that.

However I like the color use, and good attention to atmosphere.

Phil

My Sketchbook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...23#post1431223

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.