Need help in figuring out how to start a career in making miniatures for movies

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Need help in figuring out how to start a career in making miniatures for movies

I was wondering if anyone knew of the steps I should persue for trying to start a career in building miniatures for movies. I've always been in love with sculpture and have been doing it for years (completely in my free time, never as a job). It doesn't seem to be one of those things you see commonly discussed, but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how people get started on those kinds of jobs. Do they start with sculpture? Are there special classes to take on that kind of stuff? Is it just a matter of small-scale sculpting skills?

I really have no idea where to start looking so I'll take any helpful advice I get. Thanks so much!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Perhaps an illustration program? I know that some schools include conceptual sculpture with materials like sculpy in their curricula. I'm not entirely sure... that's a tough question!

It seems I remember the Art Institutes having some kind of set design/theater make up program, but I'm not sure. I don't even know if I would trust that situation anyway with the reputation of their program. Still, it might be something that you research as a starting point.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.