Sketchbook: Monkey's Sketchbook - Nudity - Page 13
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey guys!

I've been very busy lately...it's starting to come to a slow now which is really nice. But it looks like it's going to be getting just as busy very soon. The plus is that I'll be busy painting and drawing!

I'm working on a project called Prometheus now. I'll be working as the concept artist, which means I'll finally be able to spend the whole day painting and drawing! We're going to be spending the next month and a half building a demo, if it all goes well there is a very good chance we'll get funded for about a years worth of dev time. So I'm crossing my fingers and really hoping we get funded as it will be an amazing opportunity for me.

Anyway here are a few digital paintings I've done lately. I've been trying to do 1hr paintings...so they're not amazing but I feel like I'm getting somewhere

Oh! I also bought a cintiq!!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome work, dude!! How is school going? How do you like the cintiq?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cool workplace setup and very nice environments.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks guys!

It's been white a while since I updated this thread which is just no good! I've been really really busy this last month though, haven't had much time to get practice in.

Jason, I'm still not in school yet. :/ I'm just about done paying off my student loans and then I'll most likely be saving money to go to school early next year. I'm thinking I'll end up in Cali for a while though as there are a few schools I'd like to take classes at out there. For now, I'm taking the TAD color and composition class with Jason Manley. So that will help keep me moving forward as I continue to work the next year. How's your schooling going btw?

As for the cintiq, I love it. I've been concepting for a project for the past two months and the cintiq makes it all so much easier. Instead of having to scan it all in and then display, its just a simple copy past and I can get a review on concepts. I really like it

Anyway, here are some practice stuff I was able to get in lately. Haven't taken pictures of the pencil stuff though...will do that later!

Most of these were just an hour or so, either limited myself to that time or simply ran out of time. The ladies arm in the first one is way off (on the left) it's still a block in!

kidult is offline Does this sketch make my ass look fat? Level 12 Gladiator: Laqueatores
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice colours on this last lot.

Pixie Trick is offline Industrial Design of the Week Leader
    Level 11 Gladiator: Essedarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Really nice work on the latest photostudies. In the second to last (my fave) you did a particularly nice job with the atmosphere and change in texture of the hills in the bg.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    you have talent man, these digital landscapes are very good.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Way to improve with those landscapes, man. Ref or from the head?

I know how it is about school and money. ha. What schools are you interested in taking classes at out there?

As for me, AAU is out of the question now. Tuition goes up every year, and even with max grants and loans, I'd be left with 8k per year to cover housing, food and transportation in the most expensive city in the country. Not gonna happen.
    So in a couple months I can apply for a 10k grant that the state of california gives out to people in my position (Good grades, I don't have money, and neither do the folks) and from there I'll use what I have to for junior college tuition and the rest for rent in southern california until I've reached enough credit to transfer to either UCLA or the state college in so cal. Both of them have very good art programs, and I know a couple people in the business down there, so things could go well for me if I work hard and network.

Sorry to take up so much space! Keep up the good work, and keep posting!

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Members who have read this thread: 1