Art: The Day - Proto-Poster / Concept and misc

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

The Day - Proto-Poster / Concept and misc

Heya~ been really busy with work and haven't done much posting on CA for a while! Here're some stuff I did recently

Here's a Toad/Dragon for Bobby Chiu's new Dragon book hehe
    I dunno why I drew this idea, I wanted to make it more toad like then this originally but o well... I was brainstorming something to draw on the "Dragon" Topic, and didn't want to draw a typical cool badass dragon... and somehow the idea evolve into what if they were once fat toads instead of more lizard like.. now it kinda look like a fat frog lizard... haha

My company did their first Press Release and now I can show a few drawing from the project I'm on

It'll be a MMO using the crytek2 engine, out in probably 3-4 years. Hopefully by then all the cyrtek2 engine will be easily runnable on all system haha... Not much info about the game made public yet sorry

Here's a proto concept for one of the mechanical race~

This is a promo poster, as we're still very early in the design phase, we decided to go for something simple with not too much info, maybe people can just remember it as the red thing...

C/C always welcome! Keep up the great work everyone on CA, CA's a great constant inspiration for me!!

nJoo~!
    http://njoo.deviantart.com

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by njoo; December 4th, 2007 at 02:53 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    qabas12 is offline Put that ego away Ramone... your gonna hurt somebody with it.
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey... I particularly liked the second one, though the first one is a bit silly..... I can see it already.... fire-breathing toads... It's definately something to lose sleep over.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    "C/C always welcome! Keep up the great work everyone on DA, CA's a great constant inspiration for me!!"

Not sure what you meant by that njoo. I'll take it as a typo or maybe you copy and pasted. But this is far from DA. I love the dragon-toad thing, it's really different and a pretty nice design. The prototype alien is probably second to the dragon-toad only in terms of composition, use of color, rendering, and execution. Otherwise it's a very strong piece.

Good show.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ha~ The first picture really lovely

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hahahah, you took the dragon toad theme and slaughtered it. I don't really think the duplicate island in the ocean backround is necessary - it takes away from the focus and dexterity of the central character.

Criticism towards the mechanical race: The foot and leg designs are kind of played out from what I've seen in robotic gaming designs. I'd suggest another form of leg support or maybe a layer of overcoat armor or inner glow to balance the hind position. Another suggestion could also be to fill in more of the mechanism's middle-waist area, which is too barren and hints at his movements being like that of a hunchback. The metallic cylinders on his back could be pulsing with magnetic electricity, and since the design consists of a cross between a werewolf type of creature and a pure metallic grade mechanism, it could have randomly proportionate patches of hair, red eyes, and maybe a full moon could be in the sky above. Any balance of costume elements would suffice for a more complete result.

You've grown into a powerful artist, njoo. I hope anything as helped.

Keep doing you

Website

New World Creation: Designers Wanted – Environment of the Week

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the comment~
    Stark: haha I dunno if I mistyped or what, I CA probably sounded like DA so got confused! no disrespect to anyone intended ^^

Vulgar: ya totally agree with you on the leg, and all ur suggestions. I'll be doing a lot of tweaking i think, it was rendered up cuz they wanted something for the small press release for the company, I'm intend to play around with making the center area hollow space and silouhette with parts,etc. I'm still very new to mechanical stuff so I'd need to do up a lot of research so I don't make some stupid parts hehe. Since it'll be an MMO, most of the parts will hopefully be customizable, but still really early in the design. Thanks for the fur idea, gonna play around and see if anything interesting comes out of it!

Thanks again

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Andrew,
    Great collection of work here. Looks like a great project

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.