Design Masters Project - Motorbike Riders Questionnaire Input (includes images :)

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Exclamation Design Masters Project - Motorbike Riders Questionnaire Input (includes images :)

Dear Everyone on CA,

As the odd few of you know, I am currently studying for an MA in Industrial Design. I need motorbike riders to fill in a questionnaire for the feasibility/data section for my project, which is a new superbike styling concept that I will also build at 1:1 scale. As CA has a wide range of international users, I hope to get at least 100 people, so if you know any riders please forward them to the survey.

I am also looking for women riders to fill this in so I can get good all round stats. It is very short (about 10 questions) and will help greatly as there aren't many women in the UK who ride motorbikes ! It is also completely anonymous. Here is the link :

Just click 'done' on the bottom of the page when you've finished. I appreciate any input !

I have also attached some 'quick concept sketches'

Design Masters Project - Motorbike Riders Questionnaire Input (includes images :)

Last edited by WARHEAD; December 8th, 2007 at 07:34 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello, I just took your survey, but I don't know if I'm the type of rider you are focusing on. I prefer older styling bikes, (I have a cb750 Honda).. and sporty types just don't float my boat!
    Faring makes getting to the engine to make any adjustments (I say that like I actually know what to do ) or even change the oil very difficult. Also alot of sports bikes are very tall and top heavy, being the short arsed leprechaun I am the center of gravity is too high... so if my feet even touch the ground I'm on my tippy toes.
    I'll see if I can forward this to any other female riders I know...

Like the monoshock idea on your concept...
    I know that the faring is there for aerodynamic styling, but is there anyway that is can be designed so its easily taken off ( that obviously won't vibrate off)... Is there going to be tail piece with a pillion pad? Or is it going to be a single rider bike... think about it more people will buy it if there is a pillion option aswell as the single seat.. (to be honest I don't know how people manage to stay on the back of a sports bike? looks mighty uncomfortable)... Although I'm sure comfort is not the priority in a sports bike... its all about looks and performance.

One last thing, but I think its unavoidable with these types of bikes...
    We used to have a Kawasaki GPZ and the riding position its self was quite uncomfortable, leaning over the tank (I would almost have to lye flat over the tank) then having to angle your head up to see out front made long rides quite sore on the neck. Maybe a sloping tank enabling a more upright riding position would help prevent this...

You know If I design a bike with all the comforts in mind I'm sure it would be an ugly thing indeed Good luck with all your concepts!

[CENTER]My Sketchbook!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CarolineBradley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Caroline !

That's exactly the sort of feedback I need it doesn't matter if you ride an old bike or your male/female, its just that my design will be a superbike.

Anyone else ?? There must be some more motorbike riders here !

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I just completed your survey as well, but like the other poster I prefer older, and touring style bikes. I drive an 82 Honda Goldwing Interstate.

That being said I feel confident that my opinions in the survey are at least somewhat relevant considering (from what I've been told when questioning the repair shop and motorcycle shop guys about this and that regarding my bike) that the early goldwings like that were the predecessor to the modern sport and muscle bike.

Sepulverture's Sketchbook Page 1 Page 19
    Sepulvertures Extended Studies Page 1
    page 2

Tutorials Tips and Tricks needs you to stay alive!"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sepulverture For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Sepulverture
    I will try and look at all the comments you guys have made when I'm designing and building the bike....

.....Any other bikers out there ?

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.