Sketchbook: gkrit's ~~ ``SketchBook`` - Page 3
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: gkrit's ~~ ``SketchBook``

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ajvenema - hey man thx for the comment.life drawing would be my next step, after i think ive mastered facial features (as everything will come a lil easier then). but for model groups and stuff, here in AUS, theyre really hard to come by. i was just lucky coz out teacher at skool organised a few sessions.

Flakari Leader - thank u also for comin over here. i will try post as much as i can. im actually kinda enjoying all this basic stuff right now lol.

The Lunatic - thx for sharing ur love in my SB
    yeh... bugs can be a bit of a pain especially when bring shine into it. but when u sit there for a while u kinda figure out wats best. but my one still needs some more refining (more shine again also). but if u wanna no how to do it, just flood the central area of a colour with white and slowly blend it into the colour u want (but white comes after a colour is applied... only easier that way).

Creatinity - hey, thx for critting. it really does look a little murky, doesnt it?! (i wouldnt have been able to tell otherwise) well thx for telling me where im going wrong. i think i might check out the link to see how its 'properly' done.

lennon - yeh.. thats exactly wat im trying to do so they can look more proportionate. as u could see, i have tried to avoid certain human limbs/appendage (hands, feet, arms) and people altogether. non existent creatures dont have restrictions u have to follow, so thats how i escaped from working on humans but still be able to draw something. so here i am, studying away!

Check out my SKETCHBOOK ...looking for helpful advice!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    here r some body postures i drew which i got from... [URL="http://www.posemaniacs.com/blog/"]

- the numbers (1,2,3,4....) show the order i did em in
    - and i increased contrast just a lil so u can see the lines a bit better (for some reason scanner didnt do quality scan lol). but i didnt contrast too much.

from this im actually learning quite a few things. ab proportions, pecs, arm structure as well as legs etc. and im also learning to make certain points of the body to judge measurements for connecting limbs (eg. use collar bone to draw proportionate shoulders... or something like that anyway lol... i know wat im talking about ).

Attached Images Attached Images    

Thanks
    Thanked 1,010 Times in 539 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Whoo more studies, always a great thing to see

I saw your faces on the last page and I just realized something that would probably help alot with your eyes

I noticed that your forgetting that one line right above the eye where the eyelid retracts to if you know what I mean

You have it in your eye studies so dont forget it on the actual faces haha

I think that could help alot

I havent had a chance to update my SB
    But now that finals are over for me and I have some time off
    I'll be getting down to work hopefully haha

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for checking out my SB!

Anatomy studies are looking good. Good sense of proportion; a natural sense actually.

I'd say keep working on figure drawings because in some of your previous posts the figure didn't look quite right. Also, work on muscles. You have to know the body within and without.

Keep up the work man, and keep posting!

Blog
    Sketchbook

"Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You got an interesting sketchbook here

I like the studies you did from observation (eyes, mouths, poses, ect...) Your forms are rendered pretty clearly.

Keep doing it over and over. Especially, as Peetar mentionned, figure drawing. As much as possible. This is the best way to get a good understanding of shapes, poses, muscle masses, and so on.

Keep us posted with your progress!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    JFierce - thx again. good to see ur focusing on my works that thoroughly lol. it could be a problem just really hard to put it in small scale pics though. so im still yet to figure out a way wats the most effective way to draw eyes on such a scale.

Peetaer - you just boosted my confidence a bit more with that comment of urs, saying ive got a natural talent at proportions.
    and figure drawing is next best thing for me to undertake in my drawing studies.

Beneto - i particularly like my eye studies also. and i totally agree with having to do them over and over again.

thx all for comments

its been a while since i last posted here (been busy do other things)
    so heres just somethign i ended up doing on photoshop.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for your comment, we all need practice hehe.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Forgot to thank you for dropping by my SB a few months ago, Thanks!
    And awesome creatures + studies, The main thing i see wrong with some of your portraits are the eyes.. Your studies are perfect, Just need to apply them more

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thx guys ... ive slowly started to get into the drawing mood again so hopefully ill have more up really soon .. had other things that took my mind off this.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yo man, let's see some more postings! Where you at? You've got to become a great artist. Get to the drawing boards!

Blog
    Sketchbook

"Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    well..... i haven't posted in a while. Ive been very lazy and need to kick myself in the face to do more stuff.

a few helm designs
    and self assigned task on how to do a glass object (added some decoration in one)
    and a little character i felt like drawing (OMG i need help with applying colour and working with tonal ranges)

give me stuff crits to work with people

i think ill post some anatomy stuff next...

lord_regenschirm is offline Brought up in the ancient arts of mouse-painting :D Level 4 Gladiator: Meridiani
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The blue swoosh-like thing somehow looks cool ... just don't know what it's supposed to be representating. Maybe that's why

No skill still isn't a new side.
    ~ Arnold Böcklin

Visit my sketchbook-gallery kinda thing ...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice SB here...It's cool you are taking a stab at awkward angles like semi birds eye and things like that. Keep practicing you are coming along well.

-Hudd

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cool stuff here!
    For your figure work, I would try paying more attention to your line quality. Creating some darker, thicker lines and contrasting with lighter thinner lines can create a nice bit of three dimensionality in simpler line drawings.
    Let's see some more!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lord_regenschirm - thx i just thought at the time id make it look more interesting, coz the glass candle holder looked very boring on its own as u can see.

Hudd - i find hat awkward angles r the most interesting lol. thx for the comment.

lemming-clone - - ill take that on board. now that im getting slightly more in depth with my work, im starting to use diff types of pencils whereas before i would only use one. and it does help out a lot. tyvm.

before i post my anatomy drawings (still need to be scanned). im gonna chuck in my piece i was working on yesterday in photoshop (prob took 4 or more hours). ill show the main stages with an alternate version at the end.
    self interpret the image if u want. looks like a 'virus' or something...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for stopping by my sketchbook! You are doing some pretty tight work for your age. I agree with the other posts, keep doing the figure studies and draw, draw, draw! One thing I noticed is something I did when your age, basically overlooking the power of contrast.

Hope you don't mind, but here are your pieces with just some simple level adjustments in Photoshop. Buy soft leads for your pencils, 2B and softer and lay down the graphite with abandonment! and don't smudge with your finger to blend the pencil work. Trying using less pressure then more pressure to create the grayscale, also experiment with different types of pencil strokes, like cross-hatching.

You are doing great, I'll keep on eye of your progress!

Last edited by oomgawa; October 31st, 2008 at 08:10 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your post for #75 is pretty FUCKIN rad.

I'm also glad to see that you've added to your warrior women since I am a big fan of her outfit design, her helmet in particular. Now, as far as her figure goes, that needs a lot of work. Her waist is too narrow, so are her shoulders. Her head appears as though it is too large but that is because her body is so small. Her breasts look like water balloons, which, of course, is not very naturally looking. In the end, however, there really is no need for you to go ahead and change all those things because the point of that piece is to show the design of the outfit/wardrobe. Now, I must say, her outfit is killer. Great design dude. Let's see more!

Blog
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice sketchbook. lots of improvements for each page!
    i was thinking about the helmet designs. Some of them is so distanced from the actual head shape that they can be misunderstood as a head enhancement. Maybe if you stepped back a little and base the helmet shapes on the human skull and move on from there? just a thought though.

thanks for dropping by my SB btw

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oomgawa - and i couldn't agree more with studying figure. ive found the more i have exposed myself to figures through references (should start looking at things in real life also), im becoming more familiar with how things are shaped. Posting some figure drawing on this one. and no i dont mind lol. if its for improvement you guys r all welcome. ive never liked to smudge for shading, and i think crosshatching is definately something ive taken interest in and something im planning to persue.

Peetaer - thx alot man XD. the only thing i want is to impress others with my work, but that only comes with a lot of practise. and yeahhh... the chicks figure is quite retarded. thats y im starting to study anatomy.

eparts - thx for the nice comment. umm ... i have taken a second look at the helms but im not sure im seeing what u r seeing. ive thought about how ud fit them on a head, but im not sure. maybe this just proves my lack of anatomy knowledge?

well here are some drawing on body proportions and shapes.
    i think for me i should look into seperate parts of the body before i start looking into the body as a whole. (ive looked at em again carefully and majority of them look a bit weird except for one, which i think u can guess which one). i write too much....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    just a few rough things i worked on today and yesterday.
    random ideas just so i can practise with tones and highlights

....poor fishy...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    attempting at getting more solid colors rather than just using opacity as a cheap way to get diff tones.

mouse - around 45 mins
    stapler - 1 hour 20 mins + ?? somewhere there

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Fucking cool Loomis studies. Loomis is gonna help you BIG TIME. My roommate has barely scratched the surface with Loomis and he's already learned so much about proper human proportions.

The mouse and the stapler, though boring subject material, are really well rendered. Verrry Nice!

Blog
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey there! =)
    Those last studies along with the anatomy-studies are looking great!
    Great colours in the stapler( I hope you didn't use the color-picker? Practice your eye! )

Keep it up! I'll be back

ReviseTheMethod - DefiledVisions - wookiedabo

"Overwhelmed as one would be, placed in my position.
    Such a heavy burden now to be the One
    Born to bear and bring to all the details of our ending,
    To write it down for all the world to see.

But I forgot my pen... "

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Peetaer - yeah, starting to get more familiar with the body, which is real good. and yes, the stapler and mouse are boring but wanting to start simple before i go big! lol

ReviseTheMethod - thx alot. i keep surprising myself now as i go along. i tell u, these forums ... theyre doing something lol. colour picker?? wats that?!? jks lol...i did them from real life so theyre a bit hard to color pick. im starting to look closely now at things so im getting somewhere

i hate to admit it but ive got quite a distraction now after buying Little Big Planet lol.
    possibly the most fun game ive played. but hopefully im not put out of production for too long ... coz that wont be good

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey dude! Thanks for visiting your point of view upon my sketchbook. Critiques are always appreciated.

Nice work going on in here. Keep doing those studies - you are already improving. Progress will become exponential after awhile.

I would say do more life studies and figure studies. The human figure is one of the hardest things to draw well. Perhaps study the skeleton, then move to muscles, then move to skin. It really really helps to know the body from the inside out. Also, I would break figures and faces down to basic shapes, to get a good idea of how light will play off of them, and of their structure in general.
    Hands are a good thing to draw lots and lots of, as well - it really helps out any organic drawings.
    Speaking of which, that flesh-bug thing is awesome. Just nasty looking.

Peace out for now!

oh, here's my sketchbook.

Also, my website. It would get beat up in a fight.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hi , I like the monster sketch you have up at the top, If i could give some advice I would say that you should try to stay as loose as possible and define your shapes as they come into focus, so with heads you should lightly sketch in the overall shape and possitioning of the features and make sure their accurate before you start to render the image with shading and such. hope that makes sense, I'd also say that your eyes seems slightly large for your faces keep up the good work!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Discoskull - thx alot. yeh i really have to get bak to studying the body and work on the harder parts of it as you mentioned. skeleton, muscles.. i shall soon start on them when i get a bit more familiar with the body lol. and ill prob have to do remakes of some of my past works, now that im feel im getting better with PS.

James Wolf - its ok .. i understand lol. i should get into the habit now of using shapes. its mentioned everywhere, i cant escape it! lol. i hate basic shapes...

slowly getting bak into developing my PS skills after littlebigplanet distraction lol.
    its an object from my room
    very difficult for me ... reflection bouncing of many diff things, liquid, distortion, color combination ... in comparison to the mouse and stapler.
    but overall i feel i did ok but plz pick out things if u think anythings wrong and give suggestions as to how i should approah an object as difficult as this.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ur really good at anatomy..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    mimar sinan - thx a lot

lol ... wats with all the filling out of the copyright info now. anywayz...

some work i got back from skool today. these were done a couple of weeks ago, and can now scan them in.

All from observation...
    - cloth
    - sphere
    - my watch (not too happy with this one coz ive done a better one before, but was good enough to hand in lol)

Just handed in a bunch of other drawings also today,
    which ill hopefully get back soon to post them up.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i thought, b4 i go any further, i find that theres something wrong with these legs in some shape or form. I cant pick it, hopefully someone else here can point it out for me. thx.

now my holidays have started to ... freedom. can draw what i want now whenever

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.