speedpaint 1
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: speedpaint 1

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

speedpaint 1

ugh, I am so out of practice. Anyways I am looking for a critique and tips for speedpainting.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Thanked 1,208 Times in 438 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Interesting. It's hard to crit because you don't see much. But here are some points:

-The hand, while barely visible, is wrong. Solution: do millions of hand studies.

-The armour looks very flat and unfinished. Solution: work more on it, and do still lifes to practice rendering overall

-The bush looks pretty ugly, is in a bad place compositionally, and looks like you added it as an afterthought. Solution: get rid of it, and try again.

-The whole piece if pretty... inconsistent. Underneath the big lumbering silhouette factory are something that looks like a random assortments of walls. Underneath that is something that i guess is mud, but looks like smoke. Also it is painted in a completely different fashion to the rst of the painting. The soldiers look like they're floating around and have no real place in the scene. The perspective is really wierd, and what is that bush doing there?? Solution: practice composition, and try to unify your future paintings more.

I like the helmet.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My tip:
    Don't be afraid to draw the same picture more than once. In other words, each time you make the picure again, you'll discover mistakes you've made in the previous version(s) that not many people if none will notice save for you! It's like, the more times you draw it again, or paint or whatever, the more "perfect" it becomes.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your darkest darkest and lightest lights will be in the foreground, everything washes out as it recedes to the background (atmospheric perspective). Do lots of value studies when working on your enviros. Don't rely on brushes you've picked up on the net they can handicap as easily as help. Good luck!

"It's worth the grief." - Greg Manchess

--SSG #46--
    Blaz | MarkWinters | petitemistress | sfa | Shmaba

Sketchbook Website Blog

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.