View Poll Results: Am I getting any better?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definately! Keep at it!

0 0%
  • Somewhat. You should work harder!

2 100.00%
  • Not really...

0 0%
  • You should just give it up!

0 0%
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Thanks
    Looking good so far.
    I'd suggest working more on your values, and defining light direction more.
    Those life drawings are good. Show us some more of those, and also some still life maybe
    It doesn't cost You much to leave a comment in my sketchbook, and it can help me a lot.

My new sketchbook

Follow me on facebook or WiPnation or Twitter!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    yet another quickie.

Thanks for the comments guys.

anjin : Thanks for the tips. I usually try to do a few things before going to any real finished piece.

Stolensky : I actually did a pencil portrait last night as well, but I dont have a working scanner at the moment so I cannot show it : \

Gildorek : I know I need to work on my lighting, my problem is I dont know any good way to practice lighting effects. But I will definitely push forward to get better.

Thanks again guys
    *New Sketchbook* Come stop by :3

*SKETCHBOOK*(old)

I am currently looking for a mentor to help me improve my sketch book. Either that or lots of crits and suggestions to help me improve my skills.

Thanks
    heres a still life type thing I did last night at work. Its my wallet and phone on the counter next to the register.

*SKETCHBOOK*(old)

I am currently looking for a mentor to help me improve my sketch book. Either that or lots of crits and suggestions to help me improve my skills.

Thanks
    Well, still life drawings are a good way to practice lighting, I think. I guess you could get a bowl, put some fruits in it , put a lamp near, and paint or draw it. Work from more simple stuff, like an egg or something, to more complicated things, like.. I don't know.. anything with a complicated shape, structure, surface texture, etc.
    And show us your progress of course
    Hope it helps
    It doesn't cost You much to leave a comment in my sketchbook, and it can help me a lot.

My new sketchbook

Follow me on facebook or WiPnation or Twitter!

Thanks
    Thanks Glidorek, I am going to try to more still life painting.. Well digital painting at lest. My main problem is the place I get time to draw and such is at work ( a gas station) which has flouresent lighting and no way to really change it. But i will see what I can do.

Heres a quick character thing I did. About 30 minutes

*SKETCHBOOK*(old)

Thanks
    quick portrait out of my head, probly about 15 minutes.

*SKETCHBOOK*(old)

Thanks
    This is more of a suggestion than a critique, but have you thought about putting the digital painting on hold and focus more on traditonal media? It seems as though you dont have a strong foundation and going digital is not something you should really be attempting at the moment. You have problems with anatomy, values, perspective, structure, etc... Until you get down basics, there isnt really a reason you should dive into digital painting. I would suggest traditoinal media such as pencils, charcoal, and even painting. Not too sure what your goals in art are, but if you are aiming for a illustration or concept artist career, then having that strong foundational knowledge is invaluable to have.

Did not mean to discourage or anything.

*AM
    My Sketchbook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=113536 Feel free to critique, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Thanks for the advice andrew. I use pencil all the time actually, I find i like it more than the tablet most of the time. Ive just been showing you my digital stuff because I dont really have a scanner to scan things with.

This is another self portrait, I spent a good ammount of time on it. More than i expected. About 2.5 hours here.

*SKETCHBOOK*(old)

Thanks
    I think the strangest thing in your portraits is that you just put the face.. without neck.. without a background... nothing. It makes the work really alien face put on there... You've got a lot of potenitial, so: why ar you limiting in this way?
    Anjin
    della Citta' Eterna
    "un marinaio non prega per il tempo buono... impara a navigare"
    - Anjin Art Website - - Sketchbook - - Anjin Art Blog -

Thanks
    yea.. Ive got a habit of focusing in on one particular part of the anatomy. I dont know where I picked it up but I did. Paritcularly with faces.

Heres something im working on for a friends band, Periphery. Im taking my time on this one just becaue I want it to be as good as I can make it. Really pushing myself with it.. its about 4 hours so far, and im still blocking in things *laughs* then again its six guys, as opposed to just one and as I said Im trying to do the best I can.

Ive also attatched the reference image so critique away. Let me know what I need to fix.

*SKETCHBOOK*(old)

Thanks
    Hey, great SB! I like the Warhammer 40k (?) style characters and that Warcrafty orc the most. The shading on the last one mentioned is a little bit to strong though. Maybe try spending more time with it - try to sharpen the picture a bit and add few more details.
    ----------------------------------
    *** My sketchbook) ***
    ----------------------------------

Thanks
    Thanks Nasheer! Im glad you like them and Im glad you recognize them I may go back to the orc, but its kinda old and im not sure where the file is *laughs* its be better practice to do it over eh?

Heres an update on the Periphery painting... Im gonna go back and redo a few of the things before going in to blend it. Let me know what you think!

*SKETCHBOOK*(old)

Thanks
    scotch anyone? I hate glass btw, you can tell it so. I need to do more of this so it doesnt suck as much. *laughs*

*SKETCHBOOK*(old)

Thanks
    You have some nice sketches.
    A suggestion: try coloring some of them using just a few flat shades - no complex shade gradations.
    It helps understanding how light and shadow work.
    Keep it up!

Thanks
    Leo, thanks for the comment. Your saying like just do a monochrome pic? or what? If thats not what your sayin let me know so I understand lol.

another update on the perphery pic..its going a bit slow, but still progress is progress.

*SKETCHBOOK*(old)

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast