Profiles (question), Blink Tag (petition), and Colour Scheme (praise)

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Profiles (question), Blink Tag (petition), and Colour Scheme (praise)

I have three things in this topic, a question about profiles, feedback on the blink tag and Custom User Titles, and my liking of this site's colour scheme.

Profiles - Ever since they were fixed after crashing, we've had what seems to be the default vBulletin profile system. Earlier, we had deep profile things where you could actually customize the colour, among other features. I'm wondering if this will return with the release of CA 4.0.

Blink Tag - I'm happily scrolling down the page, reading posts, admiring art, when BAM! My eyes get distracted by the blinking text in Custom User Titles. This is not very fun, as I can't help but be distracted by it. I scroll to certain points in the page that blinking text doesn't inhabit. Eric S. Raymond has another way of putting this:

blinking text
    Blinking text makes it nearly impossible to pay attention to anything else on the page. It reduces 87% of all surfers to a helpless state of fixated brain-lock, much like that of a rabbit caught in the headlights of an oncoming semi. This is not good. If you abuse the blink tag, you deserve to be shot. Clue: if you use the blink tag, you're abusing it. (User Friendly has an apposite comment on this.)
    I'd love it if this blink tag was simply disabled.

Colour Scheme - I love the colour scheme of this site! It's so artsy with a coffee feeling. I don't know, I couldn't imagine the colour being changed. As soon as I was on here (directed from the Shadow of the Colossus message board on GameFAQs), I loved the feel. As I read posts, I began to think it was an Art University/College's well developed website or something. It feels so warm :)

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That profile part of the 3.0 website never really worked properly. I'm not sure what the plan is to replace it, but I think we will have something better.

Only a handful of users have blinking tags and they are just using regular html to do it. To prevent that, we would have to disable all html in the tags.

Thanks! Glad you like the color!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to emily g For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I see, thank you. A new profile thing sounds good.

By only a selection of people using the tags, do you mean that you have to be of a certain postcount or something to use them?

ADMINISTRATOR G? I thought that stood for 'Administrator Gangsta' or something, lol. I guess I've lived around those sort of people for a while.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The people using the tags are all friends with each other and i think it's just something they did for fun.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Alright, thanks for everything.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.