C.O.W. - #101: Refined Gem 4500 Carat

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Thanks

Cow C.O.W. - #101: Refined Gem 4500 Carat

Name:  banner_cow_v3.jpg
Views: 3245
Size:  109.3 KB
    For more infos and details about the rules go here:
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=110879

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Round #101

Topic:
    Refined Gem 4500 Carat

Deadline (extended):
    Friday, 30th November 2007

note: The deadline won't be EXACTLY after a week...it can last up to 24 hours more, i am human and have to work also, you know
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to post

In this thread you can post all wips, questions, comments etc
    However if you are done with your entry, post the final image in the following thread.

THREAD FOR FINAL ENTRIES

READ THE INFO IN THE 1ST POST OF THE FINALS THREAD TO SEE HOW TO POST YOUR FINAL IMAGE!!!

Name:  cow_icon_thumbnail2.gif
Views: 3000
Size:  3.1 KB

Last edited by Fozzybar; November 26th, 2007 at 01:44 AM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I updated the rules. Now there are all infos you need to enter the COW successfully

In case you need more infos about the rules, follow the link beneath the rules image. I hope we will have less misunderstandings now, also the act of posting and setting up the poll has been optimized. Just follow the instructions and all is fine

ADDITIONAL INFO

What i want you to do is:

1. Take 1 thumbnail from the entries of the 100th round (actually there should be enough for your choice ) You can use your own or someone elses...

Here is the thread with all images:
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=109977

2. Paste it 1:1 on your canvas. Add the line "Original Creature Design by artistsname" and the theme and thumbnail number next to it.

3. Make a fully rendered big version of the chosen creature with a new angle and/or pose!!! No tracing!

4. Stick to the original design and whatever you can spot at the thumbnail (colors, pattern, shape etc), but feel free to add details, as long as they don't change the creature design and inital look from the thumbnail.

Beneath is a sample, how it should look like...

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Fozzybar; November 23rd, 2007 at 05:32 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,122 Times in 871 Posts

Thanks
    Oh...good point....forgot it, will add it to the info...

You can use your own or someone elses.

Thanks
    Right, i knew i had to do this someday anyway. lets get it on.

Thanks
    This is a really interesting topic and departure from the way COW usually works.

God, I don't know which one I would pick. I just can't do one of mine, it wouldn't be as fun or probably as much of a challenge... Hmmmmm.

Thanks
    Fun fun fun. I'll have to do some searching for the critter I like best.
    The title of this thread threw me, at first.

Thanks
    nice method on this one... the "approved thumbnail" to refined finished illustration is a good working approach to this sort of thing too. Looks like I'm down since I have some thumbnails to choose from...

fozzybar, when it comes to working from someone else's thumbnail I think the artist wanting to do it should get the original artist's permission first. Just a simple courtesy pm would do the trick, and/or a credit "Concept thumbnail by SomeDude99", etc.

I wonder if SomeDude99 is a member on the forum...

Thanks

Thanks
    was planning to do this with some of mine anyway, awesome idea..

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Sorry I do not think I can join this one, too busy. Might be able to find time during the weekend.

Last edited by Rist; November 22nd, 2007 at 02:46 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by peter_john View Post
    fozzybar, when it comes to working from someone else's thumbnail I think the artist wanting to do it should get the original artist's permission first. Just a simple courtesy pm would do the trick, and/or a credit "Concept thumbnail by SomeDude99", etc.
    errr....didn't i wrote that you should add the credit?

And as it comes to the permission...i am not sure, but i think every artist who participated would be proud of having another artist picking his thumbnail and working it out....

If any artist doesn't want this, he shall post here...and if you want to go for sure ask the artist via pm...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    when it comes to working from someone else's thumbnail I think the artist wanting to do it should get the original artist's permission first. Just a simple courtesy pm would do the trick, and/or a credit "Concept thumbnail by SomeDude99", etc.
    It has been mentioned in the Additional Info, the second line:

"2. Paste it 1:1 on your canvas. Add the line "Original Creature Design by artistsname" and the theme and thumbnail number next to it."

Thanks
    Aaaarrr!

Will do one for sure this week!

Piru's Portfolio - Piru.be - WACOM Buying Guide - SHOW your STUDIOS!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Uziel's SB! - Piru's Sketchbook & Epias' Sketchbook

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fozzybar View Post
    If any artist doesn't want this, he shall post here...and if you want to go for sure ask the artist via pm...
    Pass on mine... there are a lot better to choose from, anyway. As to participating, I doubt that I could do justice to anyone else's designs, so I'll probably sit this one out.

EDIT: Ignore the "pass"... change of heart. PM me with a heads-up if possible so I can look for it. This is all posted later in the thread, but figured I'd update this as well, since it appears first.

Best of luck to all who do participate!

P.S. - Hey, Fozz... you could probably string this theme along for at least another month... there are certainly enough designs to choose from!

Last edited by Imagus; November 27th, 2007 at 01:30 PM.

Thanks
    This sounds sweet, I was just thinking I needed to work on something interesting this week.

Most see only what they wish to, what is it that you see?

Thanks
    I think I'll be using Moai's Giant Tree Eater #87, if you don't mind ofcourse Moai! I like the body structure.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks
    What i forgot is the concept text...

It will be funnier to let the artists come up with an interpretation of the thumbnails and build up their big version on their interpretation.

In the poll thread the original thumbnails artists can add their idea...that could be interesting...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Imagus View Post
    P.S. - Hey, Fozz... you could probably string this theme along for at least another month... there are certainly enough designs to choose from!
    We could exceed it to 86 1/2 years (4500 : 52)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fozzybar View Post
    errr....didn't i wrote that you should add the credit?
    you did, no problem. I glossed over #2 so my bad.

Jake Kobrin, you are a super sleuth! Awesome.

Thanks
    fozzy, can we also use any of the pretty thumbnails that never actualy got into the finals? or is final versions only?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Piru View Post
    I think I'll be using Moai's Giant Tree Eater #87, if you don't mind ofcourse Moai! I like the body structure.
    I'm honored, man! Go for it!

Myself, I'm leaning strongly towards this Giant Tree Eater by longshao. I like its elephantine-ness, its Helicoprion-like tusks, and its odd patches of green and purple fur. I really don't know if I'll be able to go through with this round, though. I have school work to do, as well as Christmas pictures to get started on (being the talented one in the family sometimes sucks ). I may just have to try, though.

Thanks
    Jake Kobrin, you are a super sleuth! Awesome.
    Whats a super sleuth?

I'd be incredibly proud if someone choose to use one of my designs. Please do if you want! I love romances #67. I think I might do that.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Moai View Post
    I'm honored, man! Go for it!

Myself, I'm leaning strongly towards this Giant Tree Eater by longshao. I like its elephantine-ness, its Helicoprion-like tusks, and its odd patches of green and purple fur. I really don't know if I'll be able to go through with this round, though. I have school work to do, as well as Christmas pictures to get started on (being the talented one in the family sometimes sucks ). I may just have to try, though.

will do it has been too long since I participated. And if you look at the progress you regulars have been making, it's time to jump back on the cart!

Thanks
    A sleuth is a detective, like sherlock Holmes.

And to stay on topic: i think i'm going to do James Wolf's #14, which is an arctic firehead and looks like this:

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    In the case anyone thinks of using a creature of mine for this task, don't bother to ask. Just send me an elephant, and you can use any single one of my COW#100-creatures.... Yes, even the good ones! It is true!

Please send the elephant to:
    Nicholas Cloister
    Selabacken 8
    686 95 Västra Ämtervik
    SWEDEN

Thanks
    Dude. Did you just post your street address on the internets? Do you want weidros like me showing up at your door?

I'm not sending an elephant... but the flying rainbow turtles of death are on the way.

I haven't decided which creature I will do, but I've narrowed it down to seven or eight contenders. I'm looking for something mostly that I would never think to design myself.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,791 Times in 1,165 Posts
    Awesome! I am so fucking in!

I like many, but some I like more then other. Thiss will be hard to decide.

For the moment it leans towards cakeypigdog # 84 Flower Patterned Jungle Lurker.

Last edited by LORD M; November 21st, 2007 at 02:37 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by grenogs View Post
    fozzy, can we also use any of the pretty thumbnails that never actualy got into the finals? or is final versions only?
    Not to answer for the great -Bar, but my guess would be finals only... otherwise, it's kind of like coming up with a whole new design. The whole fun of this week is seeing how people interpret existing thumbnails.

I'm reconsidering my earlier "pass" statement... not that anyone would want to use them, but there's a fine line between "merciful" and "stingy"... I dunno.
    EDIT: Reconsidered... go for it. PM for heads-up would be nice, if possible.

Assuming I decide to participate, if I do decide to go with someone else's concept, I'll probably grab one of Cloister's or M. Jaecks' - my vote and runner-up. Or I may take a fellow zero-voter's thumbnail, as there will most likely be a ton of top-fiver concepts coming up in full res. As such, if you hate toon/anime style or novice-level digital painting, speak now or risk thumbnailicide™.
    pld: <-- Thumbie go BOOM!

I do have another project that I want to focus on, but there's that whole Thanksgiving thing coming up... or as I call it, "day off day".

Last edited by Imagus; November 27th, 2007 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Does anyone ever actually fill in the "Reason for Editing" box? Whoops... guess that answers that. :)

Thanks
    How many artists are ok with other people drawing their creatures? Just want to know for sure. I PM'ed Jakkas but he might be too swamped to reply.
    Just want to know for sure before I massacre someone's awesome creature design

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1