Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tzvetan Todorov

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Tzvetan Todorov

Tzvetan Todorov
    Franco-Bulgarian philosopher (born 1939), Writing books and essays about literary theory, thought history and culture theory.
    Hope you like it and your comments are welcome.

Full version

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Khaled El-Sawy
    Portrait for A famous Egyptian actor, (Born 1963) he was involved in the Egypt Revolution 2011 with Over 2 millions protesting in Tahrir Square.

Hope you like it and your comments are welcome..

Full version

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Miguel Asín Palacios (Book Cover)
    Portrait for Miguel Asín Palacios (1871–1944) a Spanish scholar, size: 20X30 CM, 300 DPI.

hope you like it and your comments are welcome.

Full version

Abd-Alrahman Alzahirry
    Portrait Drawing of Saudi writer (Abd-Alrahman Alzahirry), using Intuos 4 and Corel Painter, which are my best digital painting tools , Original size 20x30 cm 300 DPI.
    Hope you like it and your comments are welcome.

Full version

Ibn Battuta (Cover)
    This piece is one of series drawings for historical figures for Egyptian children magazine, I focused to demonstrate the features of confidence and wisdom in this character, Although it was a historical themes, I imagine a location does not exist and the clothes inspired from Tuareg tribes (inhabitants of the Saharan of North Africa).

Ibn Battuta (1304:1377) born in Morocco, he was judge and historian also best known as a traveler and explorer, whose account documents his travels and excursions over a period of almost thirty years, covering some 73,000 miles, These journeys extending from North Africa, West Africa, Southern Europe and Eastern Europe in the West, to the Middle East, Indian subcontinent, Central Asia, Southeast Asia and China in the East.

hope you like it and your comments are welcome.

Full version

Queen of Egypt
    Last week I decided to take a rest from obligatory work and during browse E-mail I found myself playing with Corel Painter to create unspecified elements and so on until it came to this work who I called (Queen of Egypt) hope you like it, also you can view Full version at www.taaeb.com , and your comments are welcome.

Shams & Amar
    Shams & Amar are characters for comic strips published in Egyptian children magazine since 2002, and this drawing was a cover of the magazine, if you felt this drawing a stranger among my portfolio, Please visit my website to watch more cartoons.

Abdel-Halim Hafez
    Abdel-Halim Hafez (1929 – 1977), commonly known as (The Black Nightingale), was one of the most popular Egyptian singers and actors not only in Egypt but throughout the Middle East from the 1950s to the 1970s. He is widely considered to be one of the four 'greats' of Egyptian and Arabic music. Abdel-Halim's music is still played on radio daily in Egypt and the Arab world.
    As for this design is considered one of a series of old albums have been produced in 2003, unfortunately, the photo obtained by from producer were damaged, It is therefore found that the surest way is to draw this picture.
    Technique; Digital Artwork, Painter & CorelDraw.

George H. W. Bush (1991)
    Traditional Artwork Drawing in 1991 for Egyptian Newsletter using water colors (Ecolin) on paper, original Size 7×13 cm.

Just a Face
    Just a Face, Traditional Artwork on paper using (Ecoline) water color with a bit of Airbrush, Done 1995, original size 26x33 cm.

Sindbad (The Second Voyage)
    In the story, Sinbad knows well that he is famous person, he say cynically to this man: don't you know who I am.
    Technique; Traditional Artwork, (Ecoline) water colors. original size 25x18 cm.

Ibn Battuta
    This piece is an Internal Page for a Moroccan historical figure called Ibn Battuta (1304:1377) who known as a traveler and explorer.
    Technique; Digital Artwork, Painter and Photoshop, published in 2009
    Size 42X21 cm 300 DPI

[SIZE="3"]
    Mounir محمد منير
    Mounir, is the most famous singer in Middle East, Born in the mid-1950s in Aswan, Egypt. For lack of an easier definition, his music is often slotted into mainstream pop. More than any other star, he has become the voice of all Egyptians, perhaps due to his Nubian heritage, He has managed to touch the hearts of all Arabic-speaking nations. He's gained the respect of people who many not appreciate his music, but understand his message.

I want this poster of Mounir's album to be unusual artwork and different from all designs which I have done before in albums field that issued in Egypt and the Middle East, I decided to chosen Fantasy art as the only genre can achieve my imagination, as for the name of "Mounir" I've designing an entirely new Arabian font In a shining manner, because the artist name "Mounir" in Arabic means the source of emission light, and therefore attract this butterflies.
    Technique; Digital Artwork, Painter X, Photoshop CS3 & Coreldraw X4.
    Poster Size 100X70 cm 300 dpi.

Album Poster Size 70X100 cm. 300 DPI.

Album CD Booklet Cover

Album CD Booklet Cover (inside)

Album CD Inlay

Album CD Disc

Album Cassette Cover

Album Cassette Cover (inside)

Album billboard 14x4 meter.

Album Wallpaper.

Mohammed Abdel-Wahab
    Mohammed Abdel Wahab (1907 - May 3, 1991) was a prominent 20th century Egyptian singer and composer. Born in Cairo, Egypt, Abdel Wahab played oud before he acted in several movies. He was the first Egyptian singer to move from silent-era acting and move to singing. He died in 1991, and is still considered one of the five greats of Arabic music.
    As for this design is considered one of a series of old albums have been produced in 2003, unfortunately, the photo obtained by from producer were damaged, It is therefore found that the surest way is to draw this picture.
    Technique; Digital Artwork, Painter & CorelDraw.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Abdel-Halim Hafez
    Abdel-Halim Hafez (1929 – 1977), commonly known as (The Black Nightingale), was one of the most popular Egyptian singers and actors not only in Egypt but throughout the Middle East from the 1950s to the 1970s. He is widely considered to be one of the four 'greats' of Egyptian and Arabic music. Abdel-Halim's music is still played on radio daily in Egypt and the Arab world.
    Technique; Digital Artwork, Painter.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sawfish Ship
    This piece had painted as Science fiction short story for Children magazine,
    I design identically this vehicle based on my old artwork since 1995 where the Space ship looked like a swordfish in its forefront edged,
    I drawing all outlines in one layer and then make shading over another layers.
    Technique; Digital Artwork, Painter X, Size 37X20 cm 300 dpi.

Superior mission’s car
    This vehicle for superior missions, it climbs rugged mountains, flies in the sky, submerse under water.
    Technique; Digital Artwork, Painter X, Size 20X20 cm 300 dpi.

Koll-Elnass Illustration 01
    I draw This piece in 1992 for an Egyptian magazine called (Koll-Elnass), It's Fictional girl was on my mind.
    Technique; Traditional Artwork, rapidograph pen on paper. original size 20x30 cm, Image Completion Time: 90 Minutes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Son
    In the story, the father receiving a call telling him that his son In danger, in this illustration I tried to make a composition suitable for writing the text of story inside white space.
    Technique; Traditional Artwork, (Ecoline) water colors. original size 25x35 cm.

في احداث القصة يتلقي الاب رسالة هاتفية تخبرة بأن ابنة في خطر، حاولت في هذا الرسم ان يكون التكوين الفني مناسباً لكتابة النص في المساحة البيضاء.
    التقنية: رسم تقليدي علي ورق باستخدام الالوان المائية (ايكولين) الحجم الاصلي 25×35 سم.

Sindbad (The Second Voyage) سندباد - الرحلة الثانية
    Sindbad, One of the world's famous sailors, makes several voyages from his home in Baghdad. He travels as a merchant but faces terrible dangers, including man-eating, one-eyed giants and huge rukh bird. Many of his companions are killed or eaten but sindbad, through his cleverness, bravery and good luck always returns home safely. The story of Sindbad is one of the greatest from the (Thousand and One Nights).
    (The Voyage of Sindbad), This is my first book drawn directly after graduation year from faculty of fine art in Cairo, using (Ecoline) Watercolor to draw 24 illustrations for this book, the story written by Denys Johnson-Davies the leading translator and writer, This book was first published in 1994 by Hoopoe Books in Egypt.

سندباد، هو اشهر البحارين في العالم، يقوم بالعديد من الرحلات منطلقاً من وطنة بغداد، انه يسافر قاصداً التجارة ولكنه يواجه الاخطار المروعه، بما في ذلك اكيلي لحوم البشر والعملاق وحيد العين وطائر الرخ الضخم، ولقد قضي رفاقة مصيرهم اما مقتولين او مأكولين ولكن فطنة سندباد وذكائة وشجاعتة وحظة الجيد كانوا سبباً في عودتة الي وطنة امناً سالماً، وقصة سندباد هي احدي الروائع العظيمة لالف ليلة وليلة.
    (رحلات السندباد) هذا هو اول كتاب رسمتة مباشرة بعد عام التخرج من كلية الفنون الجميلة بالقاهرة، استخدمت الوان (الايكولين) المائية لرسم 24 مشهد لهذا الكتاب، كما ان الرسم يصورة لحظة اسرخاء سندباد تحت الشجرة فنساه البحارة علي الجزيرة اقلعت السفينة بدونه، كتب القصة المترجم الرائد والمؤلف دينس جونسون دافيس، وقد صدرت الطبعة الاولي من هذا الكتاب عام 1994 عن دار هوبو بوك في مصر.

Almajaless Illustration Magazine 01
    This image is a one of series drawn in 1994 for short story.
    Tools; (Ecoline) water colors on paper - Original size 20X20 cm, Image Completion Time: 3 hours

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Almajaless Illustration Magazine 02
    This image is a one of series drawn in 1994 for short story.
    Tools; (Ecoline) water colors on paper - Original size 20X20 cm, Image Completion Time: 35 Minutes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Almajaless Illustration 03 رسومات المجالس
    This illustration is one of a series artwork exceed 120 pieces, Where I draw five pieces per a week, It takes approximately Between four to five hours, also all of this work was published in 1994 by (Al-Majales) Magazine.
    Technique; Traditional Artwork, (Ecoline) water colors. original size 20x20 cm

يُعتبر هذا الرسم واحداً من مجموعة اعمال فنية ربما تتجاوز 120 قطعة، حيث كنت ارسم خمسة رسومات اسبوعياً، وكانت القطعة الواحدة تستغرق من بين أربعة الي خمسة ساعات، هذه الاعمال نشرت في عام 1994 في مجلة المجالس الكويتية.
    التقنية: الوان أيكولين مائية علي ورق، المساحة 20سم ×20 سم.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bill Clinton
    I roughly remember this artwork was painted during the election of Bill Clinton for the American Presidency where published with article in an Egyptian magazine.
    Technique; Traditional Artwork, water colors (Ecolin) on paper, Original size 20X30 cm, Image Completion Time: 6 hours

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by taaeb; October 8th, 2012 at 03:33 PM.
    ::: Mohamed Taa'eb ::: http://www.taaeb.com ::: محمد تاعب :::
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to taaeb For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm not sure bill clinton has purple hair, but is very good

4. The Following User Says Thank You to El Jeremie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ha ha ha, I'm not sure too if bill Clinton have purple hair or not, But in the art everything is possible.
    you are welcome Dear ""spookybabydoll"" and your Note is right, so many people comment on the same thing, In fact, I'm always don't obey nature colors.

Last edited by taaeb; November 22nd, 2007 at 09:45 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Bill is more funky with purple hair

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's a bit dry on the edges, and it looks like you're trying too hard.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by 2100 View Post

err... what does that mean? Of course someone is going to try hard.
    What a strange comment to make.

Taeeb,
    Well done. Yeah the purple hair is a bit overwhelming. But hey that's not an entirely bad thing. It adds a bit of humor to the subject.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mambo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks mambo
    also my dear friend "2100 BC" I can't understand your comment, truly I can't understand it, so please give me More clarification maybe It benefit me.
    In my opinion there is no defect in changing the colors of elements in artworks, it makes the objects have new look, please remember that we are holding a brushes in our hands, so we didn't take a shot from lenses of camera.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Compliment: the girl in the first picture has pretty eyes-- a difficult feat to pull off considering this style of art.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ArtistDaniel_Ross For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtistDaniel_Ross View Post
    a difficult feat to pull off considering this style of art.
    That is nice, but it will be so nice if you clarify why?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A lot of work! I liked enough!
    Congratulations!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to CHARLES CARVALHO For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Don't worry Taaeb, 'i m still here. if you post stuff from 1992 you must have a ton of illustration waiting to be exposed.
    So you know what to do, There's a lot of people willing to see more.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I mean the Clinton illustration. You sort of defeated the appeal of water color paintings (for me at least) because it looks overworked with many layers too much details. And I think it looks that way because of the excess hard edges you left by letting it dry before painting into it. I think his clothes are excellent but the little white lines on the hair hair is going overboard. Overall it's well drawn, and has a good resemblance. But If you are going to do so much, you might as well be using any other medium.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by spookybabydoll View Post
    if you post stuff from 1992 you must have a ton of illustration
    ha ha ha, dear spookybabydoll Perhaps you mean (Tonbyte) of illustration, Probably it larger than (yottabyte), we are together propose this new term (Tonbyte), only for big illustrations.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The pose looks almost identical to an old Simon Bisley panel from the Horned God

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I want your water colour skills! :] #002 is extraordinary...

Cheers,

Lelle

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice work, especially the Sawfish ship - love the shape and colour. It's shaped a bit like a horseshoe crab. Great stuff, look forward to seeing more of your spaceship designs.

Craig

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice work ma7amad it would be nice if u should us more work

Sketchbooks, Wacom, and Art Forum - Thread 104785">Moftah's Sketchbook

TASmith is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,049 Times in 1,108 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    "I mean the Clinton illustration. You sort of defeated the appeal of water color paintings (for me at least) because it looks overworked with many layers too much details. And I think it looks that way because of the excess hard edges you left by letting it dry before painting into it. I think his clothes are excellent but the little white lines on the hair hair is going overboard. Overall it's well drawn, and has a good resemblance. But If you are going to do so much, you might as well be using any other medium."

I disagree. The white highlights in the hair are a bit strange in that they don't feel quite like hair. They seem more like paint sitting on top, or some how scratched over the image. But, the rich washes of color sculpting his face are perfect, and lend well to watercolors. You really get alot out of the medium's translucency. Definately post more.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dears TASmith, Moftah, Craigmoore & Lelle thank your for comments.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ahlan Taa'eb, your work is amazing.. I come from Lebanon so I recognize the singers! You captured them really well, what kind of brushes are you using for them?

And your watercolor is very nicely done, it looks like it took a lot of thought out planning. Bill Clinton is awesome and it doesnt even look like watercolor. Where are your more recent illustrations?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice work.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Big Props

I definitely like what i'm seeing here; however, we'd like to see more current work. work from 1994 is 14 years old at this point. Has your more recent work changed? sounds like you are kicking these out pretty fast, for which you deserve big credit. The flesh treatments almost remind me of Simon Henwood's excellent guoache portraits, of which i am a huge fan. It's also a very nice and generous touch to see how these illustrations are placed within and work with the design elements for whatever the given usage: in your case they work excellently together and seeing the finished products is a special treat.

thanks for posting these! please ( ) show us your more recent stuff!

g

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great job with album covers. Nicely painted and they really capture the look of the record covers from that period.

Gilead Artist on Facebook and Twitter
    website

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Murder Tramp, thanks for your comment, As for Mohammed Abdel-Wahab & Abdel-Halim Hafez paints I using (Real Bristle brushes) in corel painter.

Thanks for all (randolf, guggemmaneuver & Gilead) for your comments, day by day, I'll post more recent stuff.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    محمد تاعب , السلام عليكم
    عجبتنى فعلا الوان أيكولين و فكره ظريفه انك اعت ألبومات عبد الوهاب و عبد الحليم , بس فين سندباد ؟؟ احنا محتاجين نشوف سندباد 2008 + اجدد اسكتشاتك ..
    اسراء

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    mohmed taeeb , hi
    nice to see egyption art , we need to showe it well , but ur graphic it so nice , and we are waiting more of Sindbad (watercolors) ,and of course more works , GOOD LUCk

Esraa

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Taaeb, you make a great work, I waiting for more recent stuff, I'm one of your fans.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Excellent watercolor paintings. Love 'em all and want to see more.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Esraa & amjad Thanks for your comments,

Hi Rinaswan, I saw your Deviantart, really you make a great watercolor.

Best Regards
    Mohamed Taa'eb

أسراء، السلام عليكم
    أشكرك كثيراً علي هذا التعليق الجميل ، ان شاء الله ستشاهدين هنا اعمالي باستمرار، ويمكنك ان تطلعي في الاسواق المصرية والعربية علي اخر اعمالي وهي التصميم الخاص بالبوم (طعم البيوت) للفنان محمد منير، كما اشكرك علي اضافتي كفنان مفضل
    مع خالص تحياتي
    محمد تاعب

Last edited by taaeb; June 25th, 2008 at 10:14 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I mean the Clinton illustration. You sort of defeated the appeal of water color paintings (for me at least) because it looks overworked with many layers too much details. And I think it looks that way because of the excess hard edges you left by letting it dry before painting into it. I think his clothes are excellent but the little white lines on the hair hair is going overboard. Overall it's well drawn, and has a good resemblance. But If you are going to do so much, you might as well be using any other medium.

that is perhaps the stupidest comment i've seen in these forums (so far) its a great piece and your comment has no relevance..at all. its nice trying to sound smart when critiquing art but it would be better if what you said made sense.

as to <B>taaeb</B> -good work mate :] i really enjoy your style (ironically it was the clinton one that caught my eye, in a good way)

36. The Following User Says Thank You to hapakid88 For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1