Beginners Corner - Project Listing

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Beginners Corner - Project Listing

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Exclamation Beginners Corner - Project Listing

Due to issues with duplicate threads, Beginners Corner projects will now be listed here. Feel free to use this thread for discussions, advice, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by stormrider85
    Basically this thread is a place for beginner's to share a learn new things together what ever that may be, everyones here to learn something different but we will try to go through everything. Me and Grenogs are going to try to lead this monster of a thread in some sort of linear direction so it doesn't get out of control. We will basically be giving out the "briefs" every so often,we or I expect everyone to try and participate in each of them.

As well as different projects/briefs i want to welcome anyone at any point in time to post some tutorials on either how they achieve their work or some sort of technique or brush they think greatly helped them in their journey through the digital art world.

Some of the projects we will be going through will be some beginner's stuff such as anatomy, value study, colour study, angles, etc. Then some fun stuff like creating environments, monsters, worlds, and scenarios. Maybe some other projects like creating a single work using only certain brushes/ colours and much, much more.

ok now it's time for some rules on the Beginner's Corner thread:

1. No thrash talk about other peoples artworks only purely art based criticism.

2. Do not come to ConceptArt.org just for this thread, in other words don't spend all your time here. Check out other peoples artwork on this site especially the pro's here. Ask them questions find out what they do, what they use. Don't segregate yourself to the beginner's corner or you might not end up learning as fast or as much as you can.

3. After you post something tell everyone what program, brush, filters, or techniques you used to create your artwork.

Time for the list of members in the Beginner's Corner Thread, hopefully everyone will still be on board with this, ill find out who's still in by the posts on the first project.

Beginner’s Corner List

1 grenogs
    2 MeTaL-Mike
    3 Anthis
    4 Mischieviant
    5 Pyroclasm00
    6 Nigh7shad3
    7 krigbrann
    8 ChopperDave
    9 bobot
    10 Ampersand
    11 qbertp
    12 Jake Kobrin
    13 viran
    14 lmnop
    15 saamsaam
    16 realitychek
    17 PaTXiNaKi
    18 Myszt
    19 Greenjack
    20 BalanceSheet
    21 dan.man.86
    22 jiga
    23 Beeker
    24 LooneyMann
    25 Nightblue
    26 immortalindigo

If your on this list and want to still be counted as in you will need to post something for the first project.

Click here for original Beginners Corner thread.

Last edited by bobot; November 15th, 2007 at 06:22 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Exclamation Project #1

Application for membership.

PROJECT #1
    This really isn't a project, but still very necessary.

OUTLINE
    Everyone on the Beginner's Corner list needs to post 3 of their best Digital and/or traditional artworks they have made.

After everyone that wants to participate in thread has finished posting everyone needs to choose at least one person or more and give a short critique on some of their works making sure no one gets left out.

The point of this project is not to show off or compare skill level but as a marker to see how much you have improved later on. The critique is to understand what you need to improve on so that you know what you need and not what you want.

Thats it!

Deadline: October 25th

Those who post will be counted as still active members from the list.

Last edited by bobot; November 15th, 2007 at 06:19 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    bobot, you may want to change my name there above, becouse so far, i think you have done more towards beginners corner than i have. Infact i've been feeling pretty useless lately , lol

But out of curiosity, is the now old original beginners corner thread no more? or is there now 3 threads running for beginners corner?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by grenogs View Post
    bobot, you may want to change my name there above, becouse so far, i think you have done more towards beginners corner than i have. Infact i've been feeling pretty useless lately , lol

But out of curiosity, is the now old original beginners corner thread no more? or is there now 3 threads running for beginners corner?

Wellll..... this thread is going to have to become the place for listing projects from now. So I suppose we may as well shift the activity here, though it's really up to the individuals preference. Though I do understand that it will be very confusing running 3 threads.

And don't be so hard on yourself, I'm just taking some action because I want people to stay motivated. I still think you have every right to keep the administrative title.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Exclamation Project #2

And the 2nd project...

PROJECT #2

OUTLINE :

1. First we need to produce 1 original concept about anything, any size, any medium, colour or black & white, it doesn't matter it just has to be original and NEW, so just in case we cheat by posting old work , lets just say it has to have a chicken in it somewhere or somehow. Summary: Original concept, with a chicken in it.

2. Next we need to do 3 observational sketches, any medium, drawing or painting doesn't matter. Just 3 observational sketches from life or from picture or even movies/tv shows.

3. Heres where the crits come in, we all need to show evidence that we looked or studying something MOST people said was a problem with our 3 artworks that were posted, eg' if you have problems with tone you do some tonal study or if you had problems with proportion you study proporation.

That's it! pretty easy?

this is a fair amount of work and the deadline isnt going to be as long as the others, so yer this thread is gunna start getting way more active.

The deadline is gunna be around 2 and a half weeks should be enough.

DEADLINE: November 22nd

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank bobot, i wasn't concerned about my title, i've always concidered this stormriders project from the start, and like you, im just trying to help out. though recently, its been a little hectic here with other priorities , and by the looks of things, i may have even less time here soon, . So anyway you can help towards the thread, then it'll be more than appretiated. I think, with a little patience from everyone in the beginning, and once all the teething problems are sorted then this thread has the potential to being something realy good.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by grenogs View Post
    Thank bobot, i wasn't concerned about my title, i've always concidered this stormriders project from the start, and like you, im just trying to help out. though recently, its been a little hectic here with other priorities , and by the looks of things, i may have even less time here soon, . So anyway you can help towards the thread, then it'll be more than appretiated. I think, with a little patience from everyone in the beginning, and once all the teething problems are sorted then this thread has the potential to being something realy good.
    Yeah I hope so
    Definitely stormriders project! I'm just doing my best to help out and keep things flowing as smoothly as possible. Also to help out stormrider manage the organization a bit better - any help will make it better for all of us!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    bobot, i understand you have an avater problem

this is the easiest way i find it, go into your private mesages link on top of this page. on the left hand side will be a control panel with a list of your details. click onto edit avatar, once your in this page, basicly you will have 2 choices, choose which ever you want,(Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 100 by 100 pixels or 29.3 KB) then simply save changes. And you should then be able to see your avatar.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh awesome, thanks!!! I think I understand what I was doing wrong now!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.