Thanks

Call for artist's news

Hello everyone,

I've recently taken over writing the news pages of Imagine FX magazine (www.imaginefx.com), a print title dedicated to digital art with a fantasy, SF and comic book flavour.

Big new films and software releases are part of the news, but what we really want to reflect is what's going on in the world of all you artists out there.

So this is a general request for information. If you're working on a graphic novel, if your game is about to be released, or if you think you've discovered the location of a lost city, please let me know. And with the good will of my editor it'll become a news feature in Imagine FX.

No story is too big or small. If you think it's cool, drop me a line. Rumours and hearsay will also be considered. This is a regular monthly thing, so keep your ears to the ground.

All the best

mark.ifxnews@googlemail.com
    Last edited by markifxnews; November 12th, 2007 at 06:44 AM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    no sale

Thanks
    Thanked 1,452 Times in 259 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markifxnews View Post
    Rumours and hearsay will also be considered.
    So. . . you are asking us to share news about ourselves, and in the same breath asking others to share rumors about us? No, thank you.
    I think you are awesome, and I wish you the best in your endeavors, but I am tired of repeating myself, I am very busy with my new baby, and I am no longer a regular participant here, so please do not contact me to ask for advice on your career or education. All of the advice that I have to offer can already be found in the following links. Thank you.

Perspective 101, Concept Art 101, Games Industry info,Oil Paint info, Acrylic Paint info, my sketchbook.

Thanks
    Sorry for any confusion, what I meant by rumours was general rumours. Like films having gone into production or speculation about hidden levels on video games, the source of inspiration for characters in any media, tutorials soon to be released. That sort of thing. Skulduggery isn't something we're looking for.

Cheers
    M

Thanks
    Mark is working hard for us to give artists with any projects they can talk about the chance to be published in ImagineFX. We're not asking for you to snitch on your mates or anything - we just want to, in a nutshell, showcase your work.

So if anyone has anything they are working on that they can talk about - be it a professional or personal project, we'd like to hear about it. Please email Mark with anything you have - and bear in mind we reach around 14000 like-minded artists and employers every month. It's a genuine chance for self-promotion.

We already feature a lot of members of this community in the magazine every month and I'd love that to continue as there's obviously an abundance of talent here...

Cheers!
    Rob
    Last edited by ImagineFX; November 13th, 2007 at 08:10 AM.
    Editor
    ImagineFX magazine
    rob@imaginefx.com

Thanks
    Yeah its a great opportunity for some self promotion!
    Anyone wanting to get into the industry should take every chance they get. And this is a great one.
    Thanks for the post Mark

Dont let other users comments put you off.

Thanks
    Thanks Kian.

I'd like to reiterate that anything you don't want made public will be not be. As Rob says, we're just looking for cool projects to 'big up'.

Cheers
    Mark

Thanks
    Thanked 1,452 Times in 259 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markifxnews View Post
    Sorry for any confusion, what I meant by rumours was general rumours. Like films having gone into production or speculation about hidden levels on video games, the source of inspiration for characters in any media, tutorials soon to be released. That sort of thing. Skulduggery isn't something we're looking for.

Cheers
    M
    Thank you for the clarification.
    I think you are awesome, and I wish you the best in your endeavors, but I am tired of repeating myself, I am very busy with my new baby, and I am no longer a regular participant here, so please do not contact me to ask for advice on your career or education. All of the advice that I have to offer can already be found in the following links. Thank you.

Perspective 101, Concept Art 101, Games Industry info,Oil Paint info, Acrylic Paint info, my sketchbook.

Thanks
    The fine people of imaginefx are totally above board. I spent a couple of drunken nights in Birmingham with the whole team. I'm yet to see any sniff of some of the more outrageous rubbish I came out with.