Thread: move along

Thanks

move along

Edited: Don't want to bring any unneccessary, possibly negative, attention to the guy I linked to before.
    Last edited by InvertedChalupa; November 11th, 2007 at 07:28 PM. Reason: EDIT: thread is pointless now.
    NYSA grand national champion yogurt slinger - 1874-2061

---------------
    My Sketch Book

Portfolio

Fundamentals of Form - Educational Download

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Maestro Andres is offline It's just a nickname, still too far from being one...
    Thanks
    Are you serious? I feel very foolish because I have been watching this guy in DA for a few years now and when I saw the site I recognize it was him. They all look like from the same artist, so who are the authors of these works? Sorry for the ignorance
    SKETCHBOOK SUPPORTGROUP #48
    Maestro Andres | CouchPotato | Mono2k5 | Sawa | 0shade0

"The aim of figure drawing is never to copy the model but to analyze it." - sfa

Thanks
    If you look in the "colored" section theres quite a difference from the "Cg" but that might just be me.

Thanks
    It does seem a little suspicious, but I think this dude's biggest crime is sitting on top of the derivative ladder.
    Brendan Noeth

Thanks
    Thanked 11,435 Times in 2,935 Posts
    i did not look to see which pieces you were talking about but plz be careful. the law says there must be substantial similarity...meaning that anyone who you ask on the street must think that one image must have been copied by the other. then the law says that the person must have had access to it.

you can read more about it here www.conceptart.org/copyright

The funny thing is, the legal group who helped mb put this together did not credit us even though there is stuff I put together myself in the doc. of course, copyright issues, and credit issues are two different things.

j

Thanks
    I've been following that guy's work for quite a while now, and I don't think he's stolen anything. He might have strong influences from other artists, though. That might be it.

His color stuff might just be old and outdated content...like the rest of his work, there's nothing new... we might just be finding an old website.

I guess in the end unless there's good evidence, there's not much you can do. Oo;

I for one don't believe Idnar is an art thief, just a rabid fan of certain styles.
    ¡Que Viva El Concept Art Atelier!

[Website]

[Blog]

[ Sketchbook! (old) ]

Thanks
    Yeah... I feel kind of stupid for even posting this thread in the first place because after I looked at his images a bit longer there are a lot of little things that make it look like he did in fact make every image. There were a couple of images that just look convincing enough at first glance to look like the styles of the King of Fighters artist and the guy from Magna Carta.

like these two for example:

but yeah... my bad.
    : /
    Last edited by emily g; November 11th, 2007 at 09:01 PM. Reason: links removed
    NYSA grand national champion yogurt slinger - 1874-2061

---------------
    My Sketch Book

Portfolio

Fundamentals of Form - Educational Download

Thanks
    Theres a lot more artists out there, with similar "style", specially in the manga/anime genre. He is heavily influenced by other artists, but who isnt.

"Let he who has not been influenced by another artist, cast the first stone" - I just said that
    J.L. ALFARO

"Be who you are and say what you feel,because those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind."
    -Dr. Seuss

Thanks
    Thanked 11,435 Times in 2,935 Posts
    it would take a side by side comparison to really tell. However, I am not saying it's alright to bite off established styles or artists. Being influenced is one thing, but completely losing oneself is another.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,452 Times in 259 Posts
    Careful guys - my 'puter is of the opinion that the linked-to site contains spyware.
    I think you are awesome, and I wish you the best in your endeavors, but I am tired of repeating myself, I am very busy with my new baby, and I am no longer a regular participant here, so please do not contact me to ask for advice on your career or education. All of the advice that I have to offer can already be found in the following links. Thank you.

Perspective 101, Concept Art 101, Games Industry info,Oil Paint info, Acrylic Paint info, my sketchbook.

Thanks
    There are some bizarre gaps in style and quality, I'll say that.
    But I don't think he necessarily stole anything..what I think is that the guy has a hard time drawing without heavily referencing other artists. You can see images where he says "hey, I like hyung tae kim today" and the work shows it, brazenly.
    * Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *