One to two year specialized course on concept art/illustration

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

One to two year specialized course on concept art/illustration

I understand that most illustration courses are 4 yr BA degrees in most institutions and art schools, but does anyone know where i can find any good reputable one to 2 year vocational crash courses on illustration or concept design. These kind of courses would be more geared toward real production training for the industry, much like the 3d animation and visual effects programs offered in film schools in Canada and US like VFS, AI and full sail(if you've heard of them). The kind of course i am talking about would exactly be like the one offered here in this school's website http://www.esdaa.com.sg/. The problem is, is that this school is only on its first year, i don't feel comfortable taking a chance with them in their early beginnings.

Just a little background about myself, i am a 3d character artist in my mid 20's, i have acquired a diploma on 3d and have already worked in production for 2 years. But i feel more interested and passionate than ever in learning concept design after having worked under the supervision of concept artists while i was working in 3d. I feel i only need to give it a preferrably "one year" go at it, since my foundation drawing skills are pretty established already. And i only need this to help my 3d skills as well as develop my portfolio in creating more interesting and original pieces of art. I'm also planning on creating my own graphic novel one day, or designing my own characters and modeling them for production..

Last edited by Jinian; November 8th, 2007 at 12:44 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Take a look at Max the Mutt in Toronto. The web ad is www.maxthemutt.com.
    It sounds as if you'd qualify for advanced standing and some course exemptions.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i have heard about that, but do you guys know of any more. The problem with Max the Mutt is i may need to still take a 2 year course at best with my credentials and qualifications, i was hoping i could find a program where i can learn it all in one year.

" Birth - Life - Death - Heaven.....3d space. "

>> MY PORTFOLIO <<

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Everything at Max the Mutt is determined by portfolio. If you have the skills, you don't have to take the course. However, it will probably take you more than one year because the skills one needs as a concept artist who has versatility, are impossible to learn without a lot of work.

I honestly can't think of a one year course, but if i hear of one I'll get back to you.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.