newcomer
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: newcomer

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

newcomer

After reading these posts, I think I’m the old guy.

I’m John, 38, married, two kids and work full time. I’m responsible currently for 4 designers and I do some 3D animation along with all the other responsibilities of managing people and still doing some photo and design work.

I put my self in college at 23 for art. Things aren't always easy but after four years of hard work and dedication to art I came out with a BFA and entered the professional world.

In college I didn’t touch a computer in an art class until my third year, all traditional work the first two years. After school I’ve been primarily digital, but feel a real need to get back to traditional mediums outside of work.

I hope to use this forum along with finding some local workshops to get back to more fine art work.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 259 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hello dead Pedal, and welcome to CA! This particular forum is for a series of classes that is just getting started. Feel free to join in if you’d like. The Lounge would be a better place for an introduction thread. I’ll see if one of them would be so kind as to teleport this thread over there for you. . .

Cheers!

[edit] By the way, don't worry about your age aroud here. The desire to learn and to teach are all that matter.

I think you are awesome, and I wish you the best in your endeavors, but I am tired of repeating myself, I am very busy with my new baby, and I am no longer a regular participant here, so please do not contact me to ask for advice on your career or education. All of the advice that I have to offer can already be found in the following links. Thank you.

Perspective 101, Concept Art 101, Games Industry info,Oil Paint info, Acrylic Paint info, my sketchbook.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    welcome,

seedling is amazing
    you should listen to her [ I think she is a female]
    and to other beginning artists you should check her Concept art 101 thread [its the best way to learn]

anyways
    I am a fellow newcomer
    but a good place to start out for traditional media is usually the sketch forum.
    after you are out of your sketches move on to the critique center then when you have gotten some feedback and finish your piece you move on to the finally finished.

have a great time.

EDIT:
    haha
    correction
    I just checked out her website
    and she is a female
    sorry michelle

Last edited by Green-fire; November 6th, 2007 at 11:43 PM. Reason: doesnt matter

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Green-fire View Post
    EDIT:
    haha
    correction
    I just checked out her website
    and she is a female
    sorry michelle
    No need for apology! Everyone on the internets is "he" until they prove otherwise!

I think you are awesome, and I wish you the best in your endeavors, but I am tired of repeating myself, I am very busy with my new baby, and I am no longer a regular participant here, so please do not contact me to ask for advice on your career or education. All of the advice that I have to offer can already be found in the following links. Thank you.

Perspective 101, Concept Art 101, Games Industry info,Oil Paint info, Acrylic Paint info, my sketchbook.

Elwell is offline Sticks Like Grim Death Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,666 Times in 5,020 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Pedal View Post
    After reading these posts, I think Iím the old guy.

Iím John, 38, married, two kids and work full time.
    Actually, there are more of us here than you might think. One of the great things about CA is the mix of posters, unlike most art forums, which tend to seem like either High School or an AARP convention.

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

Crash Course for Artists, Illustrators, and Cartoonists, NYC, the 2013 Edition!

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Elwell View Post
    Actually, there are more of us here than you might think. One of the great things about CA is the mix of posters, unlike most art forums, which tend to seem like either High School or an AARP convention.
    Just have to watch out for those NRA conventions, nothing's a harsher critique than a bullet in the butt .

Anyway, Seedling is Seedling - regardless of gender Seedling just flat out kicks butt, and would regardless (He or She is better than "it" though ) - speaking of which I still need to draw a dancing skeleton (I have a skeleton walking with a sword...not exactly dancing though lol)

Alzorath's Sketchbook

I support sketchbooks! - Subscribed to, and by:
    White Rose's Sketchbook | Matsign's Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Pedal View Post
    Iím John, 38, married, two kids and work full time.
    Im 30-ish, and I work with a baby on my lap, everything you see me do has the influence of a 1 & a half year old and Barney in it. literally.

Welcome to CA brother!!

J.L. ALFARO

"Be who you are and say what you feel,because those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind."
    -Dr. Seuss

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Alzorath View Post
    Anyway, Seedling is Seedling. . .
    Seedling is blushing now.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the welcome. I'm finding my way around this place, I look forward to getting into more posts time permiting.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I thought Seedling was a bean-like entity that drew with its mind powers.

Sketchbook Support Group
    Earendil Jussi Tarvainen Reidaj

~Hope~

chaosrocks is offline Environment of the Week Leader Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    HAHAHAH! Seedling for prom King!

chaos

To see the world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wildflower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.

Sketch book

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...ight=chaos%27s

Ilaekae is offline P.O.W.! Leader, Complete Idiot, Super Moderator Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,579 Times in 1,786 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Seedling is a girl!?!?!

I guess...that would explain why all my petticoats have been disappearing...

No position or belief, whether religious, political or social, is valid if one has to lie to support it.--Alj Mary

Ironically, the concept of SIMPLICITY is most often misunderstood by simple-minded people. --Alj Mary

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilaekae View Post
    Seedling is a girl!?!?!
    Only during the full moon.

Kamikazebob is offline [18:44] mr_pickles: Boob Level 6 Gladiator: Provocator
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    As you can see, we're all professionals around here. *cough cough*

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.