About Character Creation
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: About Character Creation

Zeetle is offline Problem Solving One Line at a Time. Level 1 Gladiator: Andabatae
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Question About Character Creation

This is my first post - hi everybody, hope to see you all in Seattle!

I wanted to open up a discussion about character design. I find that I have difficulty maintaining/designing features for characters that will used frequently at various angles, like in comics or story boards. Seems like everytime I draw a character's face at a different angle my drawing style alters and it looks like someone else drew them. Does anyone else combat this problem too?

Any pointers on maintaining common features in a characters face despite the angle? I have taken several anatomy and facial structure courses but this has always been an issue for me.

Hard question to ask out, so I suspect it's a hard question to answer - any pointers are appreciated! Thank you everyone

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Thanked 3,344 Times in 1,123 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Well I can't see your art, so I don't know where you're at artistically. I'd say the best thing to do is to learn more about the planes of the face and facial construction. Andrew Loomis' "Drawing the head and hands" helped me immensely with faces, and the constructive, geometric approach to faces might be the best in maintaining measurements/features etc

Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 259 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I think you are awesome, and I wish you the best in your endeavors, but I am tired of repeating myself, I am very busy with my new baby, and I am no longer a regular participant here, so please do not contact me to ask for advice on your career or education. All of the advice that I have to offer can already be found in the following links. Thank you.

Perspective 101, Concept Art 101, Games Industry info,Oil Paint info, Acrylic Paint info, my sketchbook.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.