Photoshop on PC Tablet
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Photoshop on PC Tablet

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Photoshop on PC Tablet

What is your opinion on doing digital paintings and renderings on a PC swivel tablet? Is it easier, harder, or just plain more confusing than using a normal latop with a graphire attachment?

A musician must make music, an artist must paint, a poet must write, if he is to be ultimately at peace with himself. What one can be, one must be.
    ~ Abraham Maslow
    My portfolio & Sketchbook
    http://jane-bond.deviantart.com
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Thanked 1,429 Times in 152 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Oh it's me again!
    I have a tablet.. I like my intous better tho.. simply because you don't have the keyboard when you use a tablet pc.. unless you can a usb keyboard small enough to have it on the side.. Otherwise you can shop around for a tablet PC with grapphire specs, I hear they are slowly coming out.. Most of the tablets on the market at the moment is specced at half that of grapphire at the moment..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I agree. I just sat down with a bunch of graphic tech heads that looked like they were promptly going to shoot me if I mentioned trying to do digital painting on a PC tablet. From what I deciphered among their tech-speak, the technology just isn't quite up to par yet. Besides, graphics work is just better done on a large monitor desktop. Oh alas that I am but a poor college student!

I hear Wacom's come out with the Bamboo......

A musician must make music, an artist must paint, a poet must write, if he is to be ultimately at peace with himself. What one can be, one must be.
    ~ Abraham Maslow
    My portfolio & Sketchbook
    http://jane-bond.deviantart.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Actually I'm the other way around. I like using my Tablet more then my wacom. The Wacom and desktop combination is great for graphic design and web work but for painting I use my tablet pc in inverted landscape mode. There are 5 buttons at the top of my tablet that are easy to reach and a ALT button to make a total of 9 buttons combinations. So I got my undo, soft brush, hard brush, lasso, ALT and all the basic stuff right at my finger tips. My tablet pen controls brush size with {{{ and }}} configured to the pen buttons.

I use a Fujitsu 4215 by the way. Now if you really need more button options you can use a WII controller ( I prefer ) or a small keyboard. The wii control is very easy to use after you program it correctly. You gotta use Glove pie to program it.
    http://carl.kenner.googlepages.com/glovepie_download

I spent probably 2 hours programming the controller to best use all the buttons. Honestly you shouldn't need a full keyboard to work. 12 or 15 buttons is plenty to do all painting work. This just be me though, so give it a try if you can and see if it works for you.

Chris

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I brought a Bamboo from Circuit City for 79.00 + tax. I like no love it though I'm not a professional and have only just begun using it. The bamboo is fully programable and the keys can be set to multiple commands and combinations. It comfortable and stable. Perfect for me.

TheRoad

Transition from Art Critic to Artiste - Diligence, that's all I need.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.