Thanks

Anti-realistic sculptures

Hello!

First one is "Grandmother of Anti-Realism" and second one is "Lincoln's successor".

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    second one is awsome
    Site
    BLOG

SketchBook

"it's much easier to scale up from simplicity than to scale back from complexity"

Thanks
    I've been looking at these for the last couple of days and attempting to sort out how these apply to your interpretation of "anti-realism."

What is at the core of your philosophy? Is it the creation of works that are the complete opposite of the realistic? Or is it the unerring pursuit of the fantastic and surreal?

Since this "anti-realism" is an integral part of their creation, I don't feel as if I'm in a position to offer positive or negative feedback without tripping over a misinterpretation of what you're trying to achieve.

~KU~
    ... a cry went up into the shuddering air, and faded to a shrill wailing, passing with the wind, a voice bodiless and thin that died, and was swallowed up, and was never heard again in that age of this world.

Thanks

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KingUnicorn View Post
    Since this "anti-realism" is an integral part of their creation, I don't feel as if I'm in a position to offer positive or negative feedback without tripping over a misinterpretation of what you're trying to achieve.
    ~KU~
    Dear friend!

You have to judge art by your own taste only. Don't allow the words to speak instead of art himself. No matter how many manifests written, shitty drawings stays shitty and great art stays great. Trust yourself!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNightPainter View Post
    Dear friend!

You have to judge art by your own taste only. Don't allow the words to speak instead of art himself. No matter how many manifests written, shitty drawings stays shitty and great art stays great. Trust yourself!
    I think what kingunikorn is saying is that the term "anti realism" is pseudonym for
    Surrealism. You look at salvador dali and you will see some of the classic viual elements which helped characterized this movement. Realism being characterized
    by Edgar Degas often depicted works with social political/ and very violent real life relevants. His work was like a visual memoir from his time. So labeling the work as anti realistic with out giving any true explenation as to why doesnt qualify as fantasy or surrealistic seems a little naive.
    Site
    BLOG

SketchBook

"it's much easier to scale up from simplicity than to scale back from complexity"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert.B View Post
    I think what kingunikorn is saying is that the term "anti realism" is pseudonym for
    Surrealism.
    Yes, if you want to put me in the catalog, you can place me among surrealists - it don't offend me .

Realism being characterized
    by Edgar Degas often depicted works with social political/ and very violent real life relevants. His work was like a visual memoir from his time.
    Actually, realism isn't drawing about beggars, poor kids and other stuff like that. I have started my art education at soviet times, so I clearly remember famous soviet literature sentence - "Realism is about depicting typical characters in typical circumstances". So, painting about banker counting his millions realistic as well as another one depicting real life' violence.

BTW, Degas' painted much more ballet dancers than beggars

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNightPainter View Post
    Yes, if you want to put me in the catalog, you can place me among surrealists - it don't offend me .

Actually, realism isn't drawing about beggars, poor kids and other stuff like that. BTW, Degas' painted much more ballet dancers than beggars
    I hope this helps " Realism (with an upper case "R"), also known as the Realist school, denotes a mid-nineteenth century art movement and style in which artists discarded the formulas of Neoclassicism and the theatrical drama of Romanticism to paint familiar scenes and events as they actually looked. Typically it involved some sort of sociopolitical or moral message, in the depiction of ugly or commonplace subjects.
    Site
    BLOG

SketchBook

Thanks
    I hope this helps " [B][URL="http://www.artlex.com/"]Typically it involved some sort of sociopolitical or moral message, in the depiction of ugly or commonplace subjects.
    OK,OK, I'm drawing beggars. But I'm also using some Neoclassical stuff in my pencils, so you cannot deprive my style of Anti-Realistic title.

Thanks
    Have you ever read any of the Vampire Worlds trilogy by Brian Lumley? The second sculpt is exactly how i pictured one of the Vampire Lords, he was known as Vasagi The Suck. Both are excellent sculpts
    Stop your grinning and drop your linen! Found them!

My Sketchbook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=110725