• something else

10 15.87%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi there! sorry for not replying for a long time
    I see a lot of improvement here! Love the hand studies (albeit...the wrist and the knuckles are too short or the fingers are too long, but that's what studies are for, right? )

And there's a lot of interesting design! ^^

keep studying and good luck!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Asatira is offline an amateur trying to figure things out Level 9 Gladiator: Hoplomachi
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really, really like the mural. I can't critique on how to improve it because it is so abstract, but there's still the recognizable human shape in it. And it's what your clients wanted, so that's a bonus.

"It's all about the triumph of intellect and romance, over brute force and cynicism." Craig Ferguson on Dr. Who
    sketchbook :: my dA gallery :: my art blog :: old sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    cool! does mural mean that you'll paint it at a real wall somewhere? what was your exact task?
    the colours look a bit randomly placed. have you had any thoughts behind your choices? i think especially for such abstract stuff compostion and colour theory becomes even more important.
    i'm curious how the finished work will look like!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    well the murals are for a hospital kind of retirement thing and they added new wings to the bulding one of which was a better gym/ sports center thing.
    they sent me a bunch of simple clip art things but i really didnt like them to much just felt like i was ripping some one off so i abstracted the figures a little bit not too much. when i sat down with the people i showed some sketches and they just kind of told me to do what i want but keepit pretty simple. the Green and purple are the colours of the walls and carpet they wanted the whole thing in those colors but i thought they would blend too much with the walls so i changed them. they werent really excited for me to paint on the walls so i talk about using a digital medium which they took a fancy too because they can move emm around need be and keep backed up copies. thats about it i dont think they covered every thing so any thig else just say so. o yah this is 1 out of 5 the others i think will be like a bycicle, lifter, maby 2 more yoga poses idk any ideas

Update they didnt like how it was broken up so the mead me join emm
    i really dont like these keeping things simple is not something im good at

something else im working on Masks

Last edited by Demo; September 30th, 2008 at 11:06 PM.
    ~You should never doubt what nobody is sure about~

Demo's Digital Damsels

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the mask has a very cool design, the asymmetry works very well!

the mural sounds like a very interesting project!
    i think the current piece suffers from lack of decision! do you want to go really abstract - then go! or do you want to have a comic style figure - then make it really comic-y! or do you want a recognizable human shape? then add some anatomy and make arms not tubes! and whichever route you go - why does the figure wear a helmet? not that a helmet is a bad thing just think *why*!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    havnt been as lazy s you guys think to prove it hands lots of emm thanks Giovanni, and loomis

Last edited by Demo; October 1st, 2008 at 09:04 PM.

Demo's Digital Damsels

Envisor is offline 21 year old artist workin' to improve! Level 10 Gladiator: Equites
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sorry for the absence. Your studies are going nicely, the hands are good, but there are still some proportion issues to be worked out. Really cool mask by the way. How did you make it?

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"- Albert Einstein

Eric wants to LEARN! Sketchbook

Asatira is offline an amateur trying to figure things out Level 9 Gladiator: Hoplomachi
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The studies are paying off. I can see how your hands are improving already.

"It's all about the triumph of intellect and romance, over brute force and cynicism." Craig Ferguson on Dr. Who

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow. Really, really nice studies.
    Still have some proportional problem but you're improving very fast!

And love the Pope/Devil miniaction in that pic. *g*

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ah, I love the mask, has a nice design. Keep up the studies. Your hands are looking better.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    im back sorry i have also been gone, under a lot of stress and work from school gota keep the teachers happy so i can get in to Harron and then do this for a living lots of hands to upload but ill do them tomorrw sorry ull just have to wait. a fake pear studie for tonight did a few but this is the only one i liked and diddnet delete, didnt finis because my wacom moniter was doin somethin weird so i gave it the night off.
    Ok sorry for the size this is not the size i painted it and not the size photo buckt is using something weird going on

Last edited by Demo; October 7th, 2008 at 10:46 PM.

Demo's Digital Damsels

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    more fruit and hands are comming later tonight this one turned out pretty good and was lots of fun

Demo's Digital Damsels

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Those are very good still lives of the fruits. I guess the weakest part of the apple is the deepest part of the cast shadow, in that it could be painted more smoothly. But that's a minor critique.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey - nice to see some still lives from you!
    those are a great start! i'd recommend to concentrate on the exact colour picking and conveying volume first and not before finishing those stages start adding texture and details. your textures look great but the base isn't as strong. and try to switch to greyscale from time to time to check your value range - you could use a lot darker darks!

keep 'em comming!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well this is the first 6 pieces of my studieo art class
    1.charcole of an pepper

2. Embroidery of a ear of corn 1st time embroidering it wasnt fun

3. Portrite of me and some pop beads in Prisma colour pencil

4. Cubbist colourd piencil

5. Watercolour with crayola markers their leafs

6. Finally a better version of the grasshoppers

Sorry iv been away CA

Demo's Digital Damsels

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    woha - great update! mmh, some comments on the single pieces:
    - the inside of the pepper looks very detailed and pepper-y! the stick looks weaker and i don't think your framing is very fortunate.
    - the embroidery is just soo cool!
    - the selfportait's hands look good but the face lacks structure
    - the watercolour leaves are amazing! dunno, perhaps the purple background is a bit much
    - the grasshoppers are pretty amazing too, i'd never ever have the patience to shade something like this!

and now - more sketches and studies please!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Katinki thanks looking back on some of these their are some things i would change and the stuff your mentioning is definatly along those lines but thats just something about learing and now that iv made those mistakes i will try to not doo em again the face is probably the weakest part of that composition though YUCK.. and although the embroirie turned out nice it was like hell on the delicate artisie fingures and trying to do 12 hours of drawing the next few days after it felt horrible. thanks

ok now for that update iv been promising some hands and some doodles i dont think i doodle enough because im always stressed but little doodles like these really is relaxing and fun. so here it is

Last edited by Demo; October 19th, 2008 at 12:34 AM.

Demo's Digital Damsels

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey - good to see you keeping at the hands! getting better and better! this time it looks like you imagined them as tubes which is great for getting the basic shape and volume. but don't forget about the bones beneath.
    and the comoc-y technical thingies are cool, too!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good job on the studies. The hands are coming along, nice to see them from so many angles. As Kat said, try to keep anatomy in mind; may help a bit on tricky poses. The noses are coming along well, but the lips seem a little overly simplified. The second one is really good, but the last two or three rub me.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey! Sorry for not replying for so long..

I like the robot, it's funny.
    And nice studies! Your hand drawing are most certainly become better and better....
    and the lips were good too, albeit some were looked really seductive..maybe that's your intention?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks sketch group ill just leave a general reply for all now the lips were supposed to be kind of seductive in way i really lack the skill to render pretty women so i should probably try to study that a bit more which is waht the lips were for and the robots were just for a little fun doin too much for skool gets yah depressed and u got to blow off a little steam

heres a portrit sorts working on digi painting in graphic desigin Yha!!!
    so were supposed to paint our selfs as super hereos or any thing of the like so i chose Gambit because well because hese BA

Demo's Digital Damsels

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Is the portrait on-going? It doesn't seem very finished. Right now, the thing that jumps out is the nose; it seems a bit sharp and large along the bridge to the tip. I think it's because of the highlight. But I do like the introspective pose. I hope you keep at it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey - great to see you working again! same question as asatira - is he finished or a wip? anyway, i'd suggest to try to refine the basic forms with a few values more before jumping into rendering and details. keep it up, don't let school get you down!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Asatira: yah its still gettin worked on its really the first B/w that iv really suceeded at and am happy with. thanks for the info

Katinki lol i never stopped working but i know what u mean sorry for the absense just a lot to get done to keep the grades up on the home stretch for college. mostly have been working on regular no digital pieces have 6 more from the last 3 weekes to add just waiting till i can get a camera from school to doc them SLRs rule but are sadely to expensive for me

im not sure about the crack down the face and i was thinking about putting rogues dead body in the background im not sure on top a pile of cards o well i turned this one in for a grade but i think ill still keep working it out till i fininsh

Last edited by Demo; November 7th, 2008 at 04:50 PM.

Demo's Digital Damsels

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What is up with the crack? It looks like the kind of crack you'd seen in something hard, like rock. If you're going for more of a scar or cut, maybe look at photo refs of wounds, or similar result, theatrical make-up. The jacket is coming along well. As for putting in a dead Rogue, I would advise against it. This is supposed to be a portrait of you as the character Gambit.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    much better! i'm not familiar with the character of gamit thsu i can't comment on that... but i'd say spend some more time on the nose and perhaps try out different alternatives for the crack like asatira said.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yo dude. A lot of improvement since I last checked in. Your later more traditional works are looking great. I especially like your self-portrait with the pop heads, there's something psychedelic about it and I really like the colours you used to render it.

Cool fucking mask!!! That's really rad. Haven't seen anybody do masks on here yet. Very cool stuff.

Though you have been doing more anatomy studies, you definitely need to be doing more and more and more. Your digital painting can also use more time. Try painting "slower", try to be more careful, be a little more patient and spend lots of time on it. If a painting has to take up to month for you to think its perfect then you do it! Art is art man, sometimes shit takes long, sometimes not.

Keep rockin it dude!

Blog
    Sketchbook

"Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Asatira well i needed something to make it more supernatural so i tried to show some of the kenetic energy gambit has flowing up and out of the eyes like u always see, i was going for the too human effect but i had like 2 mins befor i turned it in so yahhh.

Katinkithanks sorry i didnt get to your 2s sketchbooks but a lot of art related drama today ill explain later if u guys wana hear.

Peetaer thanks its always good to hear that a little hard work is paying off and i know about the anatomy thing and i really hope i get all this extra work done so i can start back up on it all it dose help u leaps and bounds. and i loved the last comment i really wana do a digi painting that takes like 50 hours and make it look perfect right now i think i wana learn the underlaying structurs more for the body and do a little more practice with fast speedie paintings befor i embark

and with that note an update a little speedie practice around 45mins pleas enjoy
    Name:  Vooooossshh.JPG
Views: 112
Size:  190.7 KB

Last edited by Demo; November 10th, 2008 at 10:24 PM.

Demo's Digital Damsels

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heres 6 more from AP studio art from the last 6 weeks
    1. charcole of a girl that modeled for our class i had the face really beautiful then at the end i screwed it up.
    2. one day ink print with some blue pastel in it.
    3. Watercolour of some bones
    4. A page of some sketch book like hands, i used a lot of things in mentlers style so i hope i dont offend
    5. Some layerd figures, mentler inspired once agin thanks
    6. Some stripes with a figure.
    Name:  DSC03296.JPG
Views: 106
Size:  475.8 KB
    Name:  DSC03247.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  200.8 KB
    Name:  DSC03249.JPG
Views: 103
Size:  524.2 KB
    Name:  DSC03298.JPG
Views: 107
Size:  452.5 KB
    Name:  DSC03295.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  280.8 KB
    Name:  DSC03291.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  213.0 KB

Demo's Digital Damsels

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great diverse update! not bad for six weeks!
    quick comments on all the pieces:
    - the girl's dress is just great! all those folds! but the hands are wrong, the fingers are too long and the palms are too small. and whatch out for the eyes!
    - both skeleton studies are beautifully rendered! i love the watercolour texture and the colours you chose. anatomy-wise the scapulas should only go down to about the middle of the ribcage as a rule of thumb.
    - the mentler rip-off looks very mentler-y. it's always interesting to try to copy a certain style.
    - the abstract one is too busy for me. abstract works need a extra strong composition! lead my eye! (and avoid tangents!)
    - the guy on the ladder - wow that's colourful. i can't really look at it for longer but it's interesting for sure!

more plz!

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 6