Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Karyl's Bookie Wook - If you're reading this... I updated.

Thanks
    Newest drapery study is looking good. Nice job on the hair. Good to see the posemaniacs too.

In terms of your landscape: I know it was meant for a colour study, but might you just look where the house on the hill is in comparison to the centre of the page? Much lower and to the right. The same things I mentioned go for this too. It goes for absolutely everything you could possibly want to paint from life or photo. Go ahead and grab a hard brush with high opacity too. I know some people here go for the completely 100% opacity hard brush for the entire thing just for the practice. Try the graphic... It's just practice. If it turns out sucky, just try some other way. Keep up the woooooorkkkkkk!!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    @Pixie_Trick: Thanks for the comment. You're definitely right.. might have to try this again and see if I can do better.

I picked up Whit Brachna's environment videos last night, so I decided to try my hand at sketchup today, and I have to say I really like it. Here's my first attempt at an enviro in Sketchup:
    MY WEBSITE: PaintedSky.ca
    MY SKETCHBOOK: Ook's Book - Karyl Craves Your Approval

Thanks
    Hah, nice! I didn't know you could do that sort of lighting and such in Sketchup, though I have used it to make basic environments for reference. Looking forward to seeing more.
    --
    Paper Nautilus
    Sketchblog
    CA Sketchbook
    Twitter
    DeviantArt page

If you want to live an interesting life, you're going to spend half of it being terrified.
    -Mary Hollinshead

Thanks
    @Cacodaemonia: You can, but you need a plugin to do it. I used LightUp, you can get a free trial for a limited time... you can see the little badge up in the corner there.

Tonight, I worked a little more on this bad boy... thoughts?

Thanks
    OOO i like the creature in the last post, it seems like it could use a bit more polish to it, But i really love the design and the colors.
    "Be either full-assed or no-assed. There is no half assed."

SSG SKETCHPOT/FLYING RADISHES/ OR JUST PLAIN AWESOME.
    KT | Reutte | Darkmoon |Asatira | AnthonyV

[CENTER]
    My Website
    ~ My Sketchbook ~ My Blog ~ My Twitter ~ My Deviantart ~

7. The Following User Says Thank You to hala For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Yeah, definitely polish it up, but the design is awesome. I like the scarification-type marks on it. Makes me think of a kelpie or something, since it's an evil horse-like creature.
    --
    Paper Nautilus
    Sketchblog
    CA Sketchbook
    Twitter
    DeviantArt page

If you want to live an interesting life, you're going to spend half of it being terrified.
    -Mary Hollinshead

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cacodaemonia For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    @Hala & @Cacodaemonia: Thanks for the comments guys, yeah it definitely needs some more polish (still a WIP), I will be definitely doing that, I'm glad you guys like the design!

Thanks
    That "little pony" looks good! I especially like that combination of colours. I have two minor crits; first one is the extra pair of arms. It looks good, and well-placed within the horse anatomy, but that position is a bit forced. The hands are resting, but no t the arms. I have the impression that, if the arms were resting, the elbow should go just in front of the dagger-shaped scar of the foreleg.

Also, one thing about the spines: Given the colour and texture, the normal thing would be that they are extensions of the protruding bones, so they shouldn't grow from where there's only muscle. Try to visualize the creature in "parts": First, the skeleton alone (bony spines included); then, add the muscles, and finally the skin.

Well, I hope it helps!
    anyway, grerat work in here! keep it up!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Abrodos For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Played a bit more in SketchUp today... I made a tire, haha! I want to go in and build some sort of sci-fi utility vehicle, BUT I don't actually have a design yet. I felt like playing in SketchUp though, so I made a tire but that's about as far as I'm willing to go without a design. Maybe I shouldn't have even gone this far, but what the hell! Hehe.

Thanks
    Very good works throughout your sketchbook! The still life objects are getting better and better each time and keep going with the drapery studies (I should do these too!). Tough as hell but what doesn't kill you will only make you a stronger artist!
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle

SSG 69 ARTGASMIC FORCE
    Mission: To push our skills to evolve to the point of giving you visual orgasm.

Eon l grenappels l snootchy l Peetaer l bleupencil l

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Eon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    @Abrodos: Thanks for the comments man... I definitely have more work to do on the horsey dude, and I think a lot of your comments are good, but I actually -did- try to get the bone splines right... They are coming out between two muscle groups (maybe I should try to make the difference between the two groups more pronounced?) and I was envisioning them coming out of the strange horsey scapula. I dunno. I'll take another look and see if I'm off.

@Eon: Thanks for the comments, and for checking my stuff out dude!

Now, here's a vehicle design for that tire from the last post.. Not sure on this. I liked the thumbnail quite a lot, but now that I've left it for a few hours and looked at it with "fresh eyes" it might be a little too "simple" from a design perspective. What do you think?

Thanks
    It does seem a bit simple, but then again a hummer is just a box on wheels...

Maybe look at actual truck proportions and see where they actually place the wheels in the chassis. The main shapes of your truck are super symmetrical, which is taking away from interest. For example, I'm not sure that the cabs of trucks are perfectly centered between the wheels, even in monster trucks that don't carry much else except for the driver. It might help to really details what this vehicle is for and that can help you to influence its shape; for example the new batmobile is modeled after military vehicles as well as stealth planes. Built for the military, rugged and also apparently invisible to radar.

Remember Bauhaus; form follows function!

Thanks
    Working on a rendered logo thing. Fun so far!

Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast