Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Pseudocognition is offline The crazy chick who watches you while you sleep. You drool, ya know.
    Thanks

Breakfast of Champions: Pseud-O's! || Updated at least once a week?

Hi CA! My name is Lindsey, but you can call me whatever you like. I'm 18 (sketchbook started @ 16), live in the US, and am a freshman at Art Center College of Design. I use, from most to least, ballpoint pen, photoshop, pencil, acrylic, and colored pencil. And uh... white out. o_O I like character design.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Pseudocognition; November 21st, 2009 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Update
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,497 Times in 746 Posts
    Nice! Keep doing what you're doing, and steal as much time as you can to do it with.

Thanks
    Ah! You're too young to be this good! Great job!

Pseudocognition is offline The crazy chick who watches you while you sleep. You drool, ya know.
    Thanks
    Thanks, I really appreciate it My goal is to do at least enough art to keep this sketchbook alive, so that means less re-re-re-re-redesigning existing characters and more new ideas XD

I figured I'd post this, this is a personal project and the source of my angst over painting different materials. The leather pants I'm happy about, the belt not so much, and I can't figure out what I want her gloves/shrug to be made out of. Curse you, vinyl D: Her forearm is a bit long compared to her... upper arm? Stiff poses for the fail D:

All of my figures wind up being really skinny, but I guess that's because I'm a stick myself XD; need to work on fattening up my charas...

Thanks
    Oh very nice - the shading is coming along great. Definately keep it up - if you can do this now I can only imagine what you'll be doing by the time you're 20. I'm jealous.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,415 Times in 594 Posts
    Good work !
    Try to use as much planes as possible, you'll understand more easily values and depth/form !
    Keep working !

Thanks
    Thanks for the suggestion, Daniel I've got to run to work but I'll bring my sketchbook and see what I can crank out.

Thanks

Crit Please.

Pfft, why didn't I post this. This is my next Comp Art class project (well, it would be a personal project, but my computer gets stubborn with anything over 50 MB...). Wohoo 13x19 poster! At this point I've just got a lame color mock-up with test lighting on another layer and a random sunset (sunrise???) pic from cgtextures.com to help w/ color. Time constraint for this project: Now until the end of the marking period, three to four hours of time on the school computers a week (plus one or two depending on how many free periods I spend there).

I'd love some help with the composition, I need to figure out a way to get people to look at the girl at the bottom first, my original plan was to box everyone else in the pipes/border but I haven't gotten to that yet. I would also love a yay/nay on the redhead girls' legs, I tried jumping across my room in that pose and it was awkward. I don't know if the fact that she's carrying a heavy suitcase (it's not so obvious ) compensates for that, people do lean away from the weight if they're carrying something... and... leaping? Bah.

Any and all suggestions are welcome @_@ And I'll include some doodles of the characters in case that interests anyone.

I write too much. o_o

*Edit* Whoa, forgot there was a forum specifically for critique. I'm goin theeere. Unless anyone has something vital to tell me, don't go out of your way

Last edited by Pseudocognition; November 3rd, 2007 at 09:53 PM.

Thanks
    Yay you made a SketchBook!

Your work is amazing, I particularly like your figure drawings they look very natural and realistic.

Keep it coming

Thanks
    Really great stuff, especially loving that last pic of your last post. Very Very nice

Thanks
    love ur stuff makes me want to start drawing as i look at it id like to see more photoshop stuff from u.

-Demo-
    -Sketch Book Updated Sporadically-
    My Blog
    Tumbler & Wookmark (finished pieces and Cool stuff I find)
    -Facebook(always on but never post)-

If you see me on FB, or CA Talk to me, never to busy to talk and love to hear from you, chat me up about anything (Music, Games, art, ect)
    If anyone is interested in streams or hangouts let me know!

Thanks
    I woke up ridiculously early and used the time to attempt to draw from a photo. Uh... it failed. I have to fix her face. >_<; And I had no real intention of shading the latex so just... overlook that. *sigh* Now to write the five page paper due wednesday...

Pic from characterdesigns.com.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,415 Times in 594 Posts
    Very nice !
    You might want to work a bit with the opacity of your brush and smoothen the transition a bit more... ? :]
    Actually her face looks pretty good, proportion-wise. The nose could use some more attention next time though !!
    Keep it up !

Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 2