Sketchbook: Breakfast of Champions: Pseud-O's! || Updated at least once a week?
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Breakfast of Champions: Pseud-O's! || Updated at least once a week?

Pseudocognition is offline The crazy chick who watches you while you sleep. You drool, ya know. Level 6 Gladiator: Provocator
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Breakfast of Champions: Pseud-O's! || Updated at least once a week?

Hi CA! My name is Lindsey, but you can call me whatever you like. I'm 18 (sketchbook started @ 16), live in the US, and am a freshman at Art Center College of Design. I use, from most to least, ballpoint pen, photoshop, pencil, acrylic, and colored pencil. And uh... white out. o_O I like character design.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Pseudocognition; November 21st, 2009 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Update
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 730 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Nice! Keep doing what you're doing, and steal as much time as you can to do it with.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ah! You're too young to be this good! Great job!

Pseudocognition is offline The crazy chick who watches you while you sleep. You drool, ya know. Level 6 Gladiator: Provocator
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks, I really appreciate it My goal is to do at least enough art to keep this sketchbook alive, so that means less re-re-re-re-redesigning existing characters and more new ideas XD

I figured I'd post this, this is a personal project and the source of my angst over painting different materials. The leather pants I'm happy about, the belt not so much, and I can't figure out what I want her gloves/shrug to be made out of. Curse you, vinyl D: Her forearm is a bit long compared to her... upper arm? Stiff poses for the fail D:

All of my figures wind up being really skinny, but I guess that's because I'm a stick myself XD; need to work on fattening up my charas...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh very nice - the shading is coming along great. Definately keep it up - if you can do this now I can only imagine what you'll be doing by the time you're 20. I'm jealous.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,415 Times in 594 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Good work !
    Try to use as much planes as possible, you'll understand more easily values and depth/form !
    Keep working !

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the suggestion, Daniel I've got to run to work but I'll bring my sketchbook and see what I can crank out.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Crit Please.

Pfft, why didn't I post this. This is my next Comp Art class project (well, it would be a personal project, but my computer gets stubborn with anything over 50 MB...). Wohoo 13x19 poster! At this point I've just got a lame color mock-up with test lighting on another layer and a random sunset (sunrise???) pic from cgtextures.com to help w/ color. Time constraint for this project: Now until the end of the marking period, three to four hours of time on the school computers a week (plus one or two depending on how many free periods I spend there).

I'd love some help with the composition, I need to figure out a way to get people to look at the girl at the bottom first, my original plan was to box everyone else in the pipes/border but I haven't gotten to that yet. I would also love a yay/nay on the redhead girls' legs, I tried jumping across my room in that pose and it was awkward. I don't know if the fact that she's carrying a heavy suitcase (it's not so obvious ) compensates for that, people do lean away from the weight if they're carrying something... and... leaping? Bah.

Any and all suggestions are welcome @_@ And I'll include some doodles of the characters in case that interests anyone.

I write too much. o_o

*Edit* Whoa, forgot there was a forum specifically for critique. I'm goin theeere. Unless anyone has something vital to tell me, don't go out of your way

Last edited by Pseudocognition; November 3rd, 2007 at 09:53 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yay you made a SketchBook!

Your work is amazing, I particularly like your figure drawings they look very natural and realistic.

Keep it coming

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Really great stuff, especially loving that last pic of your last post. Very Very nice

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    love ur stuff makes me want to start drawing as i look at it id like to see more photoshop stuff from u.

~You should never doubt what nobody is sure about~

Demo's Digital Damsels

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I woke up ridiculously early and used the time to attempt to draw from a photo. Uh... it failed. I have to fix her face. >_<; And I had no real intention of shading the latex so just... overlook that. *sigh* Now to write the five page paper due wednesday...

Pic from characterdesigns.com.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very nice !
    You might want to work a bit with the opacity of your brush and smoothen the transition a bit more... ? :]
    Actually her face looks pretty good, proportion-wise. The nose could use some more attention next time though !!
    Keep it up !

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    awesome sketchbook! I especially love the greek alphabet people XD Very creative. As for helping on the composition of the poster....since the girl you want focus on has mostly middle-to-dark colors (which don't draw my eye by themselves), I would try to pump up the contrast on her and maybe try desaturating the people behind her a little bit? I think the poster looks cool so far anyway

If vegetable oil is made from vegetables, and olive oil is made from olives, is baby oil made from babies?

Portfolio website

DeviantART account

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Faroresama For This Useful Post:

Danuh is offline best taken with a pillar of salt. Level 4 Gladiator: Meridiani
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    AW. Lindsey's face is so cute.
    Dude I want that zombie as a pet. Gimme D:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dan: The nose is definitely the problem area I didn't define the area between her lips and nose enough, I think. I'll work on refining my speedpaints next time. Thank you very much for the help!
    Faroresama: I recognize your art! I've seen you on dA Thanks for stoppin' by, and I'll definitely try to work with the colors. Excellent suggestion~
    Dana: Nevarrrr D:

Sorry, no art to post with this. I'll take pix of my school projects tomorrow.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Old Dude

I took a look at the Teen Challenge for the upcoming weeks, and I guess we minors get to design gunslingers! Woot. I started doodling out some concepts for that but I ended up with yet another young woman, so I drew the polar opposite. He looks pissed at me for not doing homework.

Behold, the worst hat ever. No refs, so I'm not complaining.

Might be developed further later, but for now, [/procrastination]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    God help me, my sister is having ~22 sophomores over tonight for a dance party in out basement instead of a traditional birthday party. Like hell that essay is getting worked on with rap blasting.

Applying for a scholarship at the local art guild, wish me luck >_O

Voila, the product of a few class periods between taking notes... experimenting in an almost caricature style to change up my profiles. I had some of my friends draw random guide lines during Physics and I drew from them in math. Wheeee D: Attempted to color birthday cake boy, the original sketch is in the bottom left because it fails less.

What else to draw today...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Teen challenge gunslinger WIP... treading through unfamiliar territory here, I'm not so sure about this one...

Futuristic meets traditional African elements meets uh... wasn't this supposed to be an anti-hero? Gotta work on proportions some more, short legs D:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Lindsey!

Nice to see a nice new fresh sparkly sketchbook on here! Hehe.
    I'm loving what you've shown so far. I love that creature design in your first post, third image down and the collection of characters in post #8.

It's nice to see a list of things at the start, touching on the aspects that you want to focus on too. It'll be interesting to see how you progress in each area from here.

Oh and post #12, that skin tone is coming on great. A great way to neaten up those highlights on the latex/PVC costume would be to simply smudge them out a fraction and run it along her curves..that would be a nice quick fix anyway if you're strapped for time.

Cheers,

Cx

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Chermilla For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Updated WIP, not too much difference but I've only gotten a solid three hours of additional work. I'm adding more details as I go... they were looking a little too casual

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    another 16 years old
    good thing u start this early!
    i wonder where i would have been when i would have started 4 years ago^^

i guess u can be anywhere u want at age 20, keep up the good work!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Costume doodle, mini gestures from the mall while waiting to be picked up, doodle, more doodles, silhouettes? and CUUUUBES. Must draw more.

Applied for that scholarship, waiting to see what happens x_x

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great stuff! I really like the rich colors... and the heart zombie is wonderful. keep it coming if you please.

also... referring to your comment about finding friends willing to get naked... I hope you have more luck than i did at your age. most of the people *I* asked thought me a pervert... and the ones that approached me turned out to have some narcissistic illness that could only be quenched by prancing around in front of you and observing your reaction. also, i think my mom thought i was part of some sex cult. ANYWAYS high five to modeling sessions!

Last edited by zeitgeist; November 16th, 2007 at 11:10 PM.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zeitgeist For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very good work ! :]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Whoa zeitgeist, that's really sounds ****ed up !

anyway, nice coloring and character designs

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Zeitgeist: Thank you very much I quite like my zombie too. I named him Lance As for naked friends, I can think of about three people that would act just as you described, haha. Thanks for the funny story
    Enrigo & DanielC: Thank you!

Here's what I have of a commission I'm working on. A former student of one of my art teachers asked me to design a custom PS3 skin for his girlfriend for Christmas with a snowboarding theme. He told me she sticks Burton stickers on everything, so he sent a letter to the company asking if I could reproduce their logo on the skin. What a nice guy, I'd like a fully personalized PS3 for Christmas. I'm new to the whole big commission project thing, does anyone have any suggestions for how much I should charge? I've spent about six and a half hours total between research, thumbnail sketching, and actually putting it together and I'm guessing I have another four or five hours to go for the figure and finishing the sihlouette of the mountains/trees. Thanks in advance

Last edited by Pseudocognition; November 18th, 2007 at 09:05 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wohoo, crap for Gaia. I opened a "shop" there over the summer to get a taste of designing under someone elses specifications/preferences. It was fun, but then I forgot to stop once school started I still owe people some stuff, so here goes. Sig banner WIP for somebody, and a sketch (A VERY SKETCHY SKETCH, it will be refined, I just didn't want to update with one stupid pic) for an auction. SMELLS LIKE ANNIE MAYS. Blahhh.

Sent two invoices this weekend for design work. Exciting stuff, gaiz, I almost feel like a pro. Now... back to school tomorrow where nothing productive gets done.

Last edited by Pseudocognition; November 18th, 2007 at 10:42 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey,
    Very nice SB.

This one
    is so great! Is the face from ref or? Both ways its still great...and that hat is good to....its not a bad hat...nothing wrong with the hat....cowboy hat?....no clue....but its a nice hat I must say...

Ok ill stop.

Keep up the good job. Too bad you didnt finish your gunslinger.

~blaž

~B. Klarić
    ---SSG#46---
    Blaz ł MarkWinters ł petitemistressł sfa ł Shmaba
    -

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Blaz: Thanks I didn't use a reference for that face. XD; Yeah, I wish I had finished the gunslinger, too, but I've got so much going on that finishing a piece in two weeks is wishful thinking. I have to work on speed~

Finished the sig banner (more like worked on it more than the payment justifies), it was a good experiment in using other means than repainting to improve a piece. For giggles, I attached a "Before" image, 'before' implying 'before I read every single tutorial available on ConceptArt'. Pitiful, really. Now if only I could do the same thing in a quarter of the time! Also, some doodles, and the sword I modeled at camp. My first model, whee. Poor concept, but fun to make... I had way too much fun with the keys, even though I completely forgot to make a spec map for them

I woke up with this really mysterious itch on my finger... very uncomfortable stuff, I tell ya.

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 2