Sketchbook: enrigo's sketchbook

View testimonialsView Artwork
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

enrigo's sketchbook

I'm pretty new to ConceptArt.org and any other artist community site, and this is my first sketchbook on this site.

Usually I don't post my drawings anywhere (partly because I think it will turn me into a forum junkie and forgot to actually practice drawing)But lately I've been slacking too much and I think starting a sketchbook here would be a good way to force myself into drawing again.

I don't have a scanner but I think photographing would be just fine for now,sorry about the image quality.

Also I'm working on portrait drawing and I find this site very useful http://www.portrait-photos.org/shuffle.phtml

here's some of the recent work

enrigo's sketchbook

enrigo's sketchbook

enrigo's sketchbook

Similar Threads
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by enrigo; April 23rd, 2008 at 04:16 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    enrigo's sketchbook

I have a cheap graphic tablet but I can't find a battery for the pen (it uses AAAA size and apparently even the hardware store guys said they never heard of it). Well until then I can't start working on CG painting which I really want to improve.

Last edited by enrigo; November 3rd, 2007 at 10:47 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some figure sketch I did today

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I want to draw Lincoln after I watched an episode of Clone High, The cartoon's concept is pretty cool but not so entertaining

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hello there. i joined last week. well, i can say that it is a real motivation engine here and youve made the right choice, if you really want competent critique.
    there are surely some nice drawings here, but dont you want to try out something more "conceptual"? bring in all that stuff thats in your head, and if its the "super-killer-punk-space-queenbee".

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi and welcome to CA! Nice start you've got here---first thing is what everyone alsways says---post some more! The more you post the more the amazing collection of artists here can help you grow.

I can't really think of much to crit in your work because I"ve been up since 3 am today at work, but one thing I noticed on your face pieces, if the nose is going to be shown at anything other than straight on perspective, the eyes will not look the same shape. One should be slightly bigger than the other because as the head turns, one eye is closer than the other, and also the shape of the eye changes. Does that make sense?

I think you've got a great start and you've definitely got potential. HanRa's right, let your mind go for a walk and tell us what you find...

LIVE FREE. DRAW HARD.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi guys and thanks for the comments.
    I would sure like to do some of the "conceptual" stuff but I haven't been drawing from imagination for a while and I find it hard to jump right back to that. HanRa I checked out your sketchbook and that's really the kind I like and I would love to be able to draw like that. You're really great with forms that I feel my drawing is too flat.

about the nose and eye angle I think I get the point there and I'll try to lookout for mistakes, I think it is because usually I start with the eyes so maybe I don't see what went wrong until I go further with the nose and etc.

It turns out I have to buy the AAAA battery from Ebay cause it's impossible to find

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I try to start doing some more imaginative stuff but still with references.
    I change the pose of the Fallout armored guy a bit and it get really crooked, especially the shoulder. I need to start learning perspective... stupid rulers :grunt:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This one is my work for art class at school. It is from a picture from the game "shadow of the colossus", and it is just almost finish. If it's a bit chaotic that's because it has to be done with 4 media about equally. The pencil shades are very faint but the actual one is pretty dark.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm really digging that colossus piece! Is that colored pencil on the fur section? If so you have some great skill with it.

Only crit i can give is to spend a little more time on rendering out those portraits right now they seem a little rushed after the lines are done.

Nice job and keep it going!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Zachro , the fur is actually in acrylic and it's kind of a happy accident,because I did a bad version of it and paint over and over again a few times and it work together like this.

I really rushed many of my drawings which many times I don't realize that I am rushing it too much. I skipped some steps and to fix it is just too late.
    I don't know why I always do that but it really seems like a bad habit.

anyway thanks man !!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yesterday I was overflown with art homework that I didn't have time to draw. It sure sounds stupid to me.

The first sketch has really bad lines compare to the second one, probably because I did the second one while watching a tutorial video and draw following the teacher. This really proves to me that I lack confidence while doing my own drawing, but i guess it's better to know my own weakness though it's not so pleasant.

Last edited by enrigo; November 10th, 2007 at 12:08 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some more figure sketches, the man's torso look kinda awkward but I don't know what went wrong with it. I had an upcoming art project due Tuesday and it's just an open challenge, but I still have no idea what to do for it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I did the shoe for the assignment on Seedling's ConceptArt 101 post, and there's another figure sketch.

Also I'm signing up to find a mentor, I don't really know much about how it works but I did check some of the mentoring thread and I guess that is just what I need. (If I can find a mentor)

Last edited by enrigo; November 14th, 2007 at 10:54 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    One texture study for the classroom for all

Last edited by enrigo; November 17th, 2007 at 02:08 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    enrigo's sketchbook

This looks really good! Keep up the figure drawing!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for stopping by my SB

That Colossus piece is intense, you got some really beautiful color variation going on in its fur. It makes me want to climb up it and stab it in the head, haha. I agree with Zachro, I think your pencil drawings have the potential to look a lot better with just a little more time spent on them. I love your hatching~

Keep up the awesome work :]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The second part of the last shoe drawing, and another work for classroom for all. (I would be terrible with comics, it seems I can't keep the character recognizable each time I draw them)
    IMG_1872.jpg
    IMG_1871.jpg

by the way this one is a self portrait.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm looking for a way to improve on the line quality (kinda more confident looking lines). These are some attempt that I think didn't really help on what I need.
    The quick figure one is some of the few I did from this site. I feel it is not a good practice except for gesture but I might be wrong http://www.posemaniacs.com/pose/thirtysecond.html

And another rush portrait. (just because I thought doing it fast would force me to do some nice confident line but I think the result is the opposite .)

Anyone know how to practice on line quality please help me out !
    IMG_1875.jpg
    IMG_1874.jpg

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    As far as your portraits go, I think you need to make the eyebrows wrap around the skull more. Having them go straight across instead of crooking down at the ends flattens out the skull.

Also, I think you should work on drawing the head at different angles; front-facing heads are difficult to draw, but you get a much better sense of facial planes and bone structure when working at 3/4 or sideways views.

For your figures, I think the length of the legs from knee to ankle needs to be a little longer, and your wrists need to level with the groin. Other than that, it's all just practice.

Keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Another portrait for the classroom for all, I'll try to do more different angles like this one.

One more pretty stiff looking figure, I tried to analyze the pose slower than usual and seems like I can't find the balance between being careful and maintaining spontaneity.

IMG_1888.jpg
    IMG_1891.jpg

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'll try to get an anatomy book and do some studies from it along with some figure drawings I'm trying to do everyday.

I have a pretty big project for school coming up which is a ceiling tile painting, there's a lot of these painted tiles by students up in classes, cafeteria and the hallways. I never thought I would have to practice art before a show like a band before a concert, but this one would be seen by many people walking by and there's lots of great ones out there already. I really want to make an outstanding one with my signature on it 8)

Is there a CA smiley pack for download ? there's some cool ones coming up lately. LOL

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very fine work here! You've got a good grasp of anatomy. I've been a little chaotic most of my years so I'm trying to hammer out some stuff like this when I get the chance; just gotta scan it once in a while.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some new stuff, I think I'm getting better with the 30 second drawing one, the one with the dragonball guy and the monkey king is a school work about ancient myth, one WIP self-caricature, and a very awful but time consuming cross contour portrait.

I think I need to get use to using the mirror for self portrait (hope it's because I'm not use to working with the mirror not that I'm getting worse.)

IMG_1898.jpg
    IMG_1899.jpg
    IMG_1902.jpg
    IMG_1900.jpg

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like the start of the SK, and there is some good doodles the middle. Keep on studying the human anatomy man. And draw, draw, draw. Looking good!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've been doing a lot of perspective practices for the classroom for all and starting to work with a mentor, so I'm a bit late on posting. I got some Bridgman books now and I intend to copy down the drawings like many people suggested.

So, here's some of the stuff I got for now.
    IMG_1913.jpg
    IMG_1922.jpg
    IMG_1903.jpg

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I got my copy of Bridgman's Constructive Anatomy and I will copy all the drawings like many people suggest, here's a few of them along with the digital painting practice.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I just watched Stanley Kubrick's Dr.Strangelove today, it is pretty awesome for a 60's movie. For me, the fun from watching Kubrick's movie comes in two part, one from the movie and the next is from reading the plot summery again in Wikipedia after the movie ends. I would say his movies are just too intelligent for me to understand in one go yet so enjoyable.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some more of Bridgman studies; I've been very pissed about the other tenants in the house today, those whiny bitches expect me to clean everything for them and the landlord is on their side.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm starting on the ceiling tile now, it's a big project and the only way I can make an impressive work, is that I need a "Montage" !!!

Last edited by enrigo; December 12th, 2007 at 12:12 AM. Reason: typo

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.