Sketchbook: Tattoo Journey

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tattoo Journey

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Tattoo Journey

I'm 20, a tattoo apprentice and rock n' roller ha! I really just want to grow as an all around artist, I want to learn but I need help! So Please critique and encourage all you want, don't hold back!

Name:  DollskillKatie0001.png
Views: 250
Size:  1.04 MB

Last edited by Killasandra; March 23rd, 2014 at 08:03 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really like the top two drawings, the coloured one needs more shading definition i think,
    your 14 and thinking about a degree already! That's really good!

good luck with everything!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You are very young but you are doing the things well.The last one has lots of anatomical issues as you said.Nothing as easy as take a book about the animal kingdom and do some studies.It will help you a lot.You can´t pretend to draw a lion if you don´t know how a lion is!!!Try some fresh ideas from your own.I´m sure you´ll have a lot of original characters inside your mind.Look for references if you need them and draw them.Keep having fun while drawing!!!
    Cheers!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    promising work already Some nice weight of line going in your pencil sketches and despite the anatomical issues the horse is the strongest piece so far of what you have drawn. Its very good.

Words of caution though - the lions are very Disney-esque. And mimicking the lion king style will only get you so far. Go to the zoo and get some photos, or look in a book and try drawing lions and wolves from life first - then try and develop them into your own cartoony style. It will be worth it in the long run.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Flyingfins: Thank you^^ The colored one was a really quick thing, not something I really spent a lot of time on(like 30 min. at maximum) so yeah I see the issues with shading and anatomy and all. I like to think ahead, rather than scrambling at the last minute. Besides if I star drawing now, and get really good by the time I'm out of college, I have a better chance of getting a job that pays well, and I understand that it's hard to get a good job in art since there are so many people out there trying to get one.^^

Camara: Thank you, I see how my lions are rather weak in anatomy, Thanks again, and I will^^

Kovah: Thank you, Yeah, the horse is my best realism attempt so far, I still have to work on my anatomy I see, though I'll keep working at it.

Last edited by Killasandra; March 25th, 2008 at 11:22 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really like that horse, that rendering looks great. But for the 4th i think the backround colours looks to much sharp for my eyes.
    Good luck with that degree x)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you^^ I like the horse too (I'm overly proud to be exact XD)

Hehe yeah I went color happy!

No need to wish me luck yet that's like 8 years from now!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh well The first post if having issues and my comp isn't letting me edit right now, have to do that later...

Here's that fish I was trying to post. Just a guick little thing you know =)

Tattoo Journey

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Aother picture. I drew this on the bus home from a track meet we had. I know he's like, expressionless and dead looking..but that's kinda how he looked when I drew this so...this is what I got.

Tattoo Journey

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's a shame I can't see this horse you are so proud of. Your bus sketch is pretty decent. I personally can't stand drawing on the bus, people are not only boring, you are usually stuck staring at the back of heads. And lets face it, the damn bus just doesn't stay still. Hope to see more.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    FunkdaFide: Hmm, yeah I have to rescan it so I'll have to do that, I'm just usually to lazy to actually get up and go get it....and I', not really proud of it anymore...that was the begining of the school year =P

So true, but 30 minutes of nothing is torture for me!

Some morestuff for anyone who cares.

A wolf I drew for an annoying friend who wanted it...well I said I'd draw it for him like 3 years ago so I'd probably be annoying about too.
    Tattoo Journey
    And some poses I did during class today because I was SO bored. I know they aren't really perfectly anatomically correct and everything, but I didn't have any refs or anything and I'm not all that good at drawing humans anyway.
    Tattoo Journey

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Tegaki Link...I discovered tegaki and I spazzed out and died...it's loke SO AWESOME.

I see now his heads a little wonky, shaped kinna like a squash O_o It's also squished against his neck in an odd way? Oh well -_-

Tattoo Journey

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I decided to drop by and tell you that you seem talented at drawing, and you are also drawing nice and simple sketches, which will really help you out in the future.

Keep with it, for such a young age you are doing really good. "Talent" gives you a small headstart, but seeing that you are already drawing a nice amount, you will certainly develop in time, alot.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Lakka: Yeah I know, heh, I can't plan on being as good as the pros if I don't try and develop what little talent I already have.

Okay so, got another tegaki picture for you to see. I have a lot more stuff in my folders, I just gotta overcome my laziness and scan it in..and maybe color it....
    Tattoo Journey

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some more stuff I have. I did these two during the school year. In my...uninformative art class. Unfortunatly though, I won't be able to take art at all this year and maybe next. I'm going to highschool starting this year and the school I'm attending has the seniors picking art, and only art mind you, first because it's in high demand. Do you want to know WHY it's in high demand? Because it's an easy 100...Since I'm only gonna be a freshman and freshman get LAST pick of art they won't let me in.

Sorry for ranting...I'm just angry at the moment.

Anyway this was some one-point perspective practice I was working on...I know the fan came out badly.
    Tattoo Journey

And here as a picture I painted with acrylics. I'm horrible with paint, just terrible =(
    Tattoo Journey

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Killasandra View Post
    I'm going to highschool starting this year and the school I'm attending has the seniors picking art, and only art mind you, first because it's in high demand. Do you want to know WHY it's in high demand? Because it's an easy 100...Since I'm only gonna be a freshman and freshman get LAST pick of art they won't let me in.
    I wouldn't worry too much about that; I've seen some pretty incredible self-taught artists. You can teach yourself a lot, really, just use your resources. Study art books & anatomy, draw from life, find tutorials online....

If that art class is an easy 100%, then it's probably not all that great of an art class anyway.

Have fun and keep posting.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Color my portrait?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ex Nihilo: Thanks, I had a rant moment there, becuase I was angry at the time, that not being the onlyelement in my anger. I know, that's what I've pretty much done so far, the art calss at my middle school was terrible, the art teacher only wanted me to draw stuff for contests(one of which I won so I guess I owe her something) but she really didn't teach me anything I didn't already know. Well I sat in while I was looking at highschools and it was actually pretty good, but it's fun, and the other electives at the school aren't all that great.
    Sure thing

SinusAnimus:....uh....I don't know....kind of an awkward/straightforward question to ask a random person...Also, just out of curiousty, why would you want me to color your portrait o.o

Anyways I have some studies here, I know I need to do more but I've been so lazy lately. I'll try to get to some actually body studies, I just have trouble with hands and feet so I did those.
    Also, I found out how bad at feet I am. :/
    Tattoo Journey
    Tattoo Journey

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow! You're only 14 eh? It's good to look to the future! And yes, it's near impossible to get a "full ride" anywhere these days. Just start saving and look for scholarships when you get older! You should also look into scholastic awards, I wish my teacher had told me about it when I was in school.
    Anywho, good luck, this is some nice work here.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You're bloody good for someone whos 14 and screw 'being bad at feet', theres a few shape issues but dude with your talent at that age Im sure you can work that out in no time at all.

http://aimless-freak.deviantart.com/
    A joke compared to most peoples. But I'm learning.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Copperfire: Afraid so Yeah, I'd rather plan ahead than have to run around my senior year, stressing over what college I want to go to. I know, seems like the only people to get full scholerships these days are football players and other athletes. I've already started saving XD I'll need all the help I can get to go to an art school, becuase from what hints my parents have dropped, they aren't paying for me to go to an art school (they don't support me becoming an artist due the whole "starving artist" scene XD) That looks cool though, I'll look into that right away.
    Thanks alot, I really appreciate it!

Bluerown: Thanks =D. lol I get OCD over my art, everything has to be as perfect as I can get it. I know and thanks again, I'll try my best!

Um, more sketches. I have a Character concept for an Aztec character I'm trying to pull together. I know he needs more Aztec jewelry like stuf, but this is just a concept, I plan to add more to it later.
    Also I have some african wild dog study things, I tried not to cartoon it up too much but I couldn't help it, everything I draw seems to end up on the cartoony side....
    Then some random stuff and lastly some disney character things....I've recently had a big like disney obsession and I've been drawing random disner characters.

Tattoo Journey
    Tattoo Journey
    Tattoo Journey
    Tattoo Journey
    Tattoo Journey

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great SB! i love your animal pics

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    koof: Thank you^^

A couple more pictures, on the first I can't get one of his hands right, need to work on the that, I think his anatomy is okay, but it could be better... the dragons on that pic are pretty bad, they were just quick 5 minute concepts for his alter form.
    Then we have another dragon.
    Tattoo Journey
    Tattoo Journey

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    haven't updated in awhile....Just some crap sketches and quick things...no references for anything in this batch.

Oh and, the characters copyrighted to their respective owners, since not all of them are mine....

Attached Images Attached Images          

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well I have here some sketches that were drawn mostly at works, it boring as hell there.... I have some animal studies and a perspective attempt among all the mindless crap I have =P And yes, most of the animal studies are from National Geographic magazines XD

Attached Images Attached Images          

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Keep it up you're improvements are really showing!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You're doing amazing for your age.
    Just keep up the good work, you're improving each time!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,234 Times in 795 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Killasandra I just want to say that I'm really diggin' the sketches. I think your digital coloring is a bit rough at this point, but keep at it and it will come together for you. Also, I think it's great that you're getting started on this kind of stuff early. My only suggestions are to put a little focus into anatomical sketches from refs or books now and again (like the hand sketches you have going on), and don't be afraid to use some darker pencils once your have your figure defined. I don't know what kind of pencils you're using, but it could be very beneficial to you to visit an art store and get a couple of pencils of varying darkness, if you aren't using them already.

Great job and keep up the good work

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    pretty cool for a 15 year old. but try drawing some different facial expressions- all your people seem shocked or sulky and they almost always look upwards. try drawing heads from different angles and with different facial features. not everybody has a long, thin face and a cute , curved nose. some referenced practice in drawing "ugly" "fat" or "old" people may be useful.

keep drawing!, you're cool girl

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Keep it up! I'm sorry to hear your parents don't support what you're doing I think you'll do great ;D!!! I will make one suggestion though if you want to get serious about art.
    Don't draw cartoons on a regular basis.
    I can't stress this enough, I wish someone had told me sooner that drawing cartoons for a long period of time will hinder your drawing ability when you're older. I have trouble looking past my contour lines (the base line thats around an image =3) and not crutching on them. Start drawing from life as much as you can. I love drawing cartoons as much as the next person, but you'll get WAY better in a FAST amount of time when you start drawing from life. Draw your friends, your pets, whatever. I see you have some realistic stuff already, keep it going! Your work is very good for you age! I'd like to see where you go from there =3! Good luck!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 11