Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Tattoo Journey

Thanks

Tattoo Journey

I'm 20, a tattoo apprentice and rock n' roller ha! I really just want to grow as an all around artist, I want to learn but I need help! So Please critique and encourage all you want, don't hold back!

Name:  DollskillKatie0001.png
Views: 587
Size:  1.04 MB
    Last edited by Killasandra; March 23rd, 2014 at 07:03 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I really like the top two drawings, the coloured one needs more shading definition i think,
    your 14 and thinking about a degree already! That's really good!

good luck with everything!

Thanks
    You are very young but you are doing the things well.The last one has lots of anatomical issues as you said.Nothing as easy as take a book about the animal kingdom and do some studies.It will help you a lot.You can´t pretend to draw a lion if you don´t know how a lion is!!!Try some fresh ideas from your own.I´m sure you´ll have a lot of original characters inside your mind.Look for references if you need them and draw them.Keep having fun while drawing!!!
    Cheers!

Thanks
    promising work already Some nice weight of line going in your pencil sketches and despite the anatomical issues the horse is the strongest piece so far of what you have drawn. Its very good.

Words of caution though - the lions are very Disney-esque. And mimicking the lion king style will only get you so far. Go to the zoo and get some photos, or look in a book and try drawing lions and wolves from life first - then try and develop them into your own cartoony style. It will be worth it in the long run.

Thanks
    Flyingfins: Thank you^^ The colored one was a really quick thing, not something I really spent a lot of time on(like 30 min. at maximum) so yeah I see the issues with shading and anatomy and all. I like to think ahead, rather than scrambling at the last minute. Besides if I star drawing now, and get really good by the time I'm out of college, I have a better chance of getting a job that pays well, and I understand that it's hard to get a good job in art since there are so many people out there trying to get one.^^

Camara: Thank you, I see how my lions are rather weak in anatomy, Thanks again, and I will^^

Kovah: Thank you, Yeah, the horse is my best realism attempt so far, I still have to work on my anatomy I see, though I'll keep working at it.
    Last edited by Killasandra; March 25th, 2008 at 10:22 AM.

Thanks
    I really like that horse, that rendering looks great. But for the 4th i think the backround colours looks to much sharp for my eyes.
    Good luck with that degree x)

Thanks
    Thank you^^ I like the horse too (I'm overly proud to be exact XD)

Hehe yeah I went color happy!

No need to wish me luck yet that's like 8 years from now!

Thanks
    Oh well The first post if having issues and my comp isn't letting me edit right now, have to do that later...

Here's that fish I was trying to post. Just a guick little thing you know =)

Tattoo Journey

Thanks
    Aother picture. I drew this on the bus home from a track meet we had. I know he's like, expressionless and dead looking..but that's kinda how he looked when I drew this so...this is what I got.

Tattoo Journey

Thanks
    It's a shame I can't see this horse you are so proud of. Your bus sketch is pretty decent. I personally can't stand drawing on the bus, people are not only boring, you are usually stuck staring at the back of heads. And lets face it, the damn bus just doesn't stay still. Hope to see more.

Thanks
    FunkdaFide: Hmm, yeah I have to rescan it so I'll have to do that, I'm just usually to lazy to actually get up and go get it....and I', not really proud of it anymore...that was the begining of the school year =P

So true, but 30 minutes of nothing is torture for me!

Some morestuff for anyone who cares.

A wolf I drew for an annoying friend who wanted it...well I said I'd draw it for him like 3 years ago so I'd probably be annoying about too.
    Tattoo Journey
    And some poses I did during class today because I was SO bored. I know they aren't really perfectly anatomically correct and everything, but I didn't have any refs or anything and I'm not all that good at drawing humans anyway.
    Tattoo Journey

Thanks
    Tegaki Link...I discovered tegaki and I spazzed out and died...it's loke SO AWESOME.

I see now his heads a little wonky, shaped kinna like a squash O_o It's also squished against his neck in an odd way? Oh well -_-

Tattoo Journey

Thanks
    I decided to drop by and tell you that you seem talented at drawing, and you are also drawing nice and simple sketches, which will really help you out in the future.

Keep with it, for such a young age you are doing really good. "Talent" gives you a small headstart, but seeing that you are already drawing a nice amount, you will certainly develop in time, alot.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast