Thanks

Sculpture: 3000 Words.

Hoi, New poster here but I thought I may as well stop lurking and post something of merit.

I'm interested in becoming a creature designer/sculpture artist when I leave school, so that is what I'm currently trying to gear my studies towards.

This brings me to my current dilemma. I have to write 3000 Words on an artist of my choice, including a few pictures and copies that I've done of his/her work. 3000 Words isn't hard, finding an artist to do it on is a different thing all together. So, Question Number 1! Do you guys know any sculpture creature artists that have a biography etc so that I can collect relevant information about them in order to write a 3000 word Essay, and also have the pleasure of attempting to recreate some of there work with Clay!

Also, Question Number 2. In the UK, I'm finding it quite hard to find a course that is relevant to this area of study. (University) Does anyone know of any?

Thank you in advance.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    You may want to check Patrick Tatopoulos, Rick Baker.
    I don't know if you want to check some studios,... Stan Winston, Jim Henson, Industrial Light and Magic. There is a lot more but i give you my favorites.

For schools you may want to check at art schools. Here in America usually you can find it under the title industrial design for entertainment/ special effects.
    I hear you on that, it is exactly what i wanted to study, and i couldn't find any information for the schools cause i didn't know where and how to look, so i moved from Europe, to America , to study.
    Also i don't know if you are interested for the movie industry or the game industry. So you may want to check that too. The last 4 years, here in the US they have courses just for gaming design.
    I hope i was a help. Lots of people here have more experience than me i bet they will help you too.
    Feel free to send me a private message if i can help with anything else.!

Thanks
    jordu schell is amazing too, im sure if you email one of these guys they'd be happy to give you more information, if time permits
    X

Thanks
    Thanked 1,248 Times in 588 Posts
    You could just look to the top of the page - Peter Konig (or smellybug)
    Smellybug

I'm sure if you ask him nicely he could give you more info (no promises, I'm sure he's a busy man - surprised you haven't bought his DVD yet?)

Thanks
    Mmm. I've been thinking of ordering it actually. I will look into these artists, thank you for all your help.

Andrew.