Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Tea Drinker's Sketchbook <--- Three years later.....

Thanks
    Nice sketchbook, you've got a lot of variety in here. Good life drawings, too. I would say overall, try to pay more attention to proportion. Some of your figures are looking mushy. Try blocking out a simple skeleton gesture first that establishes where the joints and bones are in relation to each other.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to KelsM For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hey there!

I really enjoyed looking at what you have going on here. The progression since just last November is very impressive. I especially liked the figure drawings in your last post. The forshortening and movement are excellent, and your line quality on the blacklines is superb.

I agree with KelsM about paying attention to proportions in your figures, but that sort of general advice is something we can all use. In particular, watch out for faces. Consistantly I noticed very long noses and low mouths. Fine for monkeys, not for people. A general proportional rule is that the eyes fall halfway down the head. The bottom of the nose is halfway between the eyes and the chin. the mouth is halfway between the bottom of the nose and the chin. Just shortening up your nose a bit, and raising the mouths will help a lot.

You're doing some great work, and I really do look forward to seeing more of it.
    Keep at it!
    KC
    You can choose to use your powers for good... or you can use them for AWESOME!

check out my sketchbook!
    100 in 100 Days
    Red Herring Illustration

5. The Following User Says Thank You to kingcoyote For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    KelsM Nice sketchbook......try to pay more attention to proportion. Some of your figures are looking mushy. Try blocking out a simple skeleton gesture first that establishes where the joints and bones are in relation to each other.
    You know I really haven't thought much of it but I think I really don't put enough thought into the mechanics of many of my subjects. I will definitely be doing a good amount of more studies with more thought process behind the relationships between joints and bones. Thanks for the comment and suggestions

kingcoyote Hey there!

I really enjoyed looking at what you have going on here.......I agree with KelsM about paying attention to proportions in your figures, but that sort of general advice is something we can all use. In particular, watch out for faces. Consistantly I noticed very long noses and low mouths. Fine for monkeys, not for people. A general proportional rule is that the eyes fall halfway down the head. The bottom of the nose is halfway between the eyes and the chin. the mouth is halfway between the bottom of the nose and the chin. Just shortening up your nose a bit, and raising the mouths will help a lot.

You're doing some great work, and I really do look forward to seeing more of it.
    Keep at it!
    KC
    I think I'm having some old habits that don't wanna die lol but I totally agree. Faces tend to be a weaker point in my drawing knowledge too. I really hope after these few weeks are over I plan to do a ton of facial studies. I really appreciate this input

Been super busy lately as this is the two week crunch line for my animations as one is due finished by Monday and the other by next Friday. My life has become class, eat, sleep, and animate pld:

The first one is just a sketch I did the other day in art history and the other was a concept for the Shapeshifter CHOW but didn't get the time to go further on it. I plan to go further though once I get some time. I was going with a woman assassin to hawk type of thing. Oh and I posted my current update on my animation that is due Monday. A little info behind this is it's one part of four parts. I'm part 3, and this will be compiled with the other parts and played to a live orchestra (erie philharmonic). It's all painted in corel, each frame file named, compiled in monkey jam (an animation program) then edited together in windows movie maker, and all on one laptop there seems to be a lag issue in some parts that we can not figure out so I will be recompiling everything tomorrow in aftereffects as we think it's a rendering issue with windows movie maker. all comments and thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    study from my painting 2 class in watercolor.
    Last edited by Tea Drinker; April 17th, 2008 at 04:34 PM. Reason: took a better picture of the posted painting I did

Thanks
    Hey One who drinks tea,

Thanks for stopping by me sketchbook. I do appriciate your words. You have some amazing stuff here. I really like your use of colors. I have yet to venture into the color world but plan to in a few years.

Thanks
    I myself am studying animation but the school that I attend focuses more on 3d animation, so I try to stay balanced by practicing 2d on the side. I enjoyed your water color paintings. I started using water colors recently and I've learned it is a very hard medium to use.

Thanks
    Thanks for the kind comments and here's an update on the Philharmonic animation I've been working on.

Thanks
    This is another animation work in progress being done this semester. It's animated using photoshop cs, monkeyjam (a free simple animation/xsheet program) and windows movie maker. All thoughts are welcome

Thanks
    Heres the full Erie philharmonic animation we did. It played live last night to the Erie philharmonic orchestra and went very well ^_^ also is some doodles I did for a buddy of mine.

Tea Drinker's Sketchbook <--- Three years later.....

Thanks
    Hey Tea Drinker!

I really enjoyed the animations! My wife and I watched the philarmonic one together, and she said it was really pretty. Keep up the great work!

KC

check out my sketchbook!
    100 in 100 Days
    Red Herring Illustration

Thanks
    Thanks Kingcoyote

current work in progress, and the reason I won't be sleeping this weekend.

Thanks
    Very good work on that animations! They`re just great, thank you for sharing!

Thanks
    Really nice, quiet interlude... The transition between when he meets the butterfly, and when he chases it deeper into the woods is a little shakey. It seems like you went on to th next thing before finishing what you were working on.

Keep up the great work, I can't wait to see how this turns out.

Oh yeah, I also thought the music went very well with the story, and its flow and movement.

KC

check out my sketchbook!
    100 in 100 Days
    Red Herring Illustration

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast