Thanks

Question HELP! What is normal pay in the comic industry????

The job pays an installment and then the rest when the job is done, they are offering 15$ per page for pencil, 20$ ink, and 35$ for color, on top of that I get to keep the rights to my work.
    __________________________________________________ __________

Anyway, I wanna know, what is normal in this line of work? Do you get paid a small percent for every comic sold? Or do you only get paid once? And do I need something more "legal" then the publisher just telling me that I get to keep rights to my work?

help T^T

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Sounds like an independent gig so any normal industry rates are going to be abnormally high. If this is your first paid gig, I'd just make sure to get it in writing that you will be getting paid that money, and have fun!

Thanks
    normal industry rates are going to be abnormally high
    Yeah, like a living wage. $150 a page for industry jobs, and that was 10 years ago. Probably more now.

I'd only think of that job as a potential to make portfolio pieces and a little money on the side. If they jerk you around too much, just quit. Fuck'm.
    My New Neglected Sketchbook
    You Ain't no Nina!.....

"Too often we... enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- John Fitzgerald Kennedy
    "My mind is made up. Don't confuse it with facts." -- Terence McKenna

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSeRider View Post
    Yeah, like a living wage. $150 a page for industry jobs, and that was 10 years ago. Probably more now.

I'd only think of that job as a potential to make portfolio pieces and a little money on the side. If they jerk you around too much, just quit. Fuck'm.
    I intended that comment to read "Your skill level doesn't warrant normal industry rates so you may have to take some cheap indy jobs for now". I was at a loss as how I could say that in the nicest way possible.