Thanks

Sculpture - Ghoul, vampire or something

Hello, this has been my new project for a while. I appreciate all critique and comments!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Bjoz, you've really worked up a great foundation to begin with, and I think you're at a point where you need to consider details. Right now, my initial reaction to this is that it's a bit plain (although, it also looks a bit like Eddie, the Iron Maiden mascot).

To clarify: If I were looking for a mask to wear for Halloween, what is it about this mask that would draw me to it?

I'd recommend grabbing some reference (these guys are terrific: The Scream Team) and think about details: pock marks, tattooing/scars, decayed bits, veins, tears around the eyes, exposed bone, anything that will push your design a bit further to give it some punch.

You've put yourself in a great position to make this something that stands out. Good luck!

~KU~
    ... a cry went up into the shuddering air, and faded to a shrill wailing, passing with the wind, a voice bodiless and thin that died, and was swallowed up, and was never heard again in that age of this world.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KingUnicorn View Post
    Bjoz, you've really worked up a great foundation to begin with, and I think you're at a point where you need to consider details. Right now, my initial reaction to this is that it's a bit plain (although, it also looks a bit like Eddie, the Iron Maiden mascot).

To clarify: If I were looking for a mask to wear for Halloween, what is it about this mask that would draw me to it?

I'd recommend grabbing some reference (these guys are terrific: The Scream Team) and think about details: pock marks, tattooing/scars, decayed bits, veins, tears around the eyes, exposed bone, anything that will push your design a bit further to give it some punch.

You've put yourself in a great position to make this something that stands out. Good luck!

~KU~
    Thanks a lot for this chock-a-block answer!
    I will consider your tips about making something more to make it stand out from the lot. That was a very good tip, thanks really.
    At first I thought to make some of the "wrinkles" a bit more like some kind of mutation and more protruding. However it did not really turn out that way but I'll think about something new.

You thought it reminds of Eddie, and I cannot deny it. Other people has told me it has resemblance to Voldemort, and also the Grinch creature. This clearify that it is not a "unique" piece. Maybe, I can make a slight change with some new details added.

Bjoz