Critics plaese
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Critics plaese

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Critics plaese

Hello. I'm new here and I would like to improve with drawing..I am not good with anatomy and I almost only draw anime (I also draw other things like animals and stuff)

when I look here everyone is SOOO good! So I am a little embarrassed with my drawing hahah. Please help me as much as you can! (redlines but also just say what is realy bad and why and stuff like that)

Well here is my newest sketch:

I think I see most mistakes but I would like to hear from you. I think the body of the one sitting is too small like the shoulders and lowebody and I think the perspective is weird of the legs of the spikeyhaired boy.

Could you also help me with how I should draw the feet?

Thanks in advance,and I'm sorry for my engrish! ^^;;

Last edited by Elwell; November 2nd, 2007 at 10:13 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    you should attach your image with CA's image manager, or use IMG tags so we can view the image without clicking around

Now...if "it isn't what it looks like", what the hell is happening? You need to be able to convey an action without using words, and if it wasn't for the "this isn't what it looks like" caption, I'd have come to a very different conclusion. I mean, they even have vaguely guilty expressions like they've been caught in the act, and it doesn't help that anime characters are completely androgynous (not to mention underage looking). I can't critique the situation because I don't know what you're trying to draw

As for the figures, don't try to stylize the human form without understanding how it works in real life. You're just copying other peoples' style without developing your fundamental skills. That's why the faces, which are basically symbols you've copied, look better than the figures, which you couldn't quite map out in physical space. Study from life and occasionally photos, not cartoons, and you'll get better. Then come back with the skills you've learned and develop your own style.

edit: also, the critique section is more for finished and near-finished student work. You'd probably get more useful feedback in the WIP section.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    They will be having clothes later,so then it will look less perverted i wanted to draw them like this first,to know how the body works.

It had to look like they are fooling around,but then this happens,and they are like 'o_O well this is uncomfortable'. And they are characters and a scene from my story >_< so I think it's more a drawing for myself because I know what's happening.

And I want to tell you I DIDN'T copy the faces,how can you say that!. The reason they look better is because I have always only drew faces almost never bodies.I just started practising on them,so the bodies look worse then the faces,so don't say I copied other peoples style because the style of the faces are mine,every little thing about it.

But I will do what you say,study from real life and stuff. It is indeed not realy good of me to try to draw the body without know how it works..

Last edited by Kiba_Okami; November 2nd, 2007 at 01:54 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,273 Times in 408 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    He wasn't accusing you of copying the faces. He said you were copying the style, where the features have become icons. If you use that style without knowing the process behind this abstraction, and if you lack the understanding of real facial features that will become evident.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Slash For This Useful Post:

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.