Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    This thing continues to blow me away Kenny. I mean,....WOW!!
    Photos are never going to do this thing justice, are they? I'm
    really looking forward to seeing you start to add some color to
    him. Your painting and build-up skills are always as impressive
    as your sculpting abilities and the end results generally make
    my jaw drop. Beautiful work as ever my friend!
    Troy

http://www.themcdevittstudio.com
    --------------------------------------------------
    "It seems like once people grow up, they have no idea what's cool." - Calvin, Attack of the Deranged Mutant Killer Monster Snow Goons

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to troyboy For This Useful Post:

Doggy is offline Doinīit for fun, hoping to get better...
    Thanks
    Hey man, you settled in your new house yet? If so, give us more pics of the demon thingy
    Btw it looks awesome... as usual

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Doggy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hello Mr. Dreamsorcerer,

can I call You "Crocodile Dundee" for the rest of my life? Because you are the absolut best reptile look maker I'v ever seen!!! My english is not good enough to express all the feelings still in my mind. Please accept a simple "WOHUHHUUU!!!!!" :-)

best regards,

Andrť
    Last edited by Leo777888; February 11th, 2009 at 09:28 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Leo777888 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hello everyone, I just wanted to apologise for not getting back to you sooner, my health has been total poo and time hasnít exactly been on my side to finish this dude!

Quote Originally Posted by Insomniac Zombie View Post
    WOW! There you go mate... my turn to cry
    LOL!! Yer know, I really canít hack watching you cry, I donít deserve.. Er.. Tears for me lol Thank you my friend J

Quote Originally Posted by troyboy View Post
    This thing continues to blow me away Kenny. I mean,....WOW!!

Photos are never going to do this thing justice, are they? I'm

really looking forward to seeing you start to add some color to

him. Your painting and build-up skills are always as impressive

as your sculpting abilities and the end results generally make

my jaw drop. Beautiful work as ever my friend!
    Aw thank you brother J It always means so much to hear words from you, I think itís because youíre one of my favourite sculptors and Iím proud of calling you a, ífriendí too. (Hereís a man hug!) And oh yes, Iím totally looking forward to painting him so much. I just hope so much that Iíll do it justice. But I guess that the good thing about painting is that it can re-done several times until satisfied.. Well at least with acrylic inks anyway! And Iíve always been unsure of whether my painting skills have been up to scratch, so thank you for confidence you have in me bro! Many thanks again!!

Quote Originally Posted by Doggy View Post
    Hey man, you settled in your new house yet? If so, give us more pics of the demon thingy

Btw it looks awesome... as usual
    LOL Yes settled in nicely thank you bro J And due to lack of time and pooey health, itís been a bit difficult to carry on sculpting. But.. I have almost completed him, thereís some patching up to do, then I can start painting the dude! Doggy mate, thank you for your comments and interest dude J

Quote Originally Posted by Leo777888 View Post
    Hello Mr. Dreamsorcerer,

can I call You "Crocodile Dundee" for the rest of my life? Because you are the absolut best reptile look maker I'v ever seen!!! My english is not good enough to express all the feelings still in my mind. Please accept a simple "WOHUHHUUU!!!!!" :-)

I would like to ask You a question: (but short storry first)

when I was in Florida I observed the Aligators. for my father I searched the net some times ago regarding how to make artificial waterfalls and ponts on model diorama sets.

Now I've seen Your amazing croco-style and I've read that You enjoy diferent materials and technics. So I believe If ever one man can help me with this question - this must be You.

Now the question: :-)

Has somebody ever made a sculpture using transparent material to create a "water effect"? For instance a girl in a bathtub or a shark or whatever... I mean to simulate deep water with fading transparence to give you the feeling there is someting beneath the surface but it's a little bit distorted due to the waves on surface...

when I saw Your dragon there was instantly this picture in my mind:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

A powerfull almighty Waterdragon (I hope there are also dragons in the water) is rising up from the dark deep - just breaking thrue the surface. Lots of waterfalls are still rinning down over his skin and out of his mouth. Concentric waves are destroing the plain surface of the mystic pond... you can only imagine what huge his body must be from the dark dark shadow below the startled waters....

------------------------------------------------------------------

You know this advertisment for shower gel with this man jumping half out of the water in slow motion in the dolphin swim style ... how the water flows over his muscles - THIS is dynamic - My girlfriend loved it so much ... ;-)

You used this UHU stuff for the slobber in minotaurs mouth - so I was wondering about You might have used this technique before or would like to try this for the first time.

Main idea is:

there is something scary when You can't see clearly what's under the surface. I call it myself the "JAWS" effect...

But the "water" has to be a little bit transparent I believe. Just to paint the surface of a clay surface would not give this "something is there" feeling I'm afraid. I found that the model landscape maker put some color (ink) into crystal clear resin or use 2k epoxy. there are of course many different methods.

I'm a newbie. No way for me to bring this image in my head to life. But You are "Crocadile Dundee"! You know about this old sailor stories about mystic sea snakes... Nessi at least :-)

How ist it??? Do You like idea in its basic?

best regards,

Andrť
    Hey Andre dude,

Thank you for taking so much time in writing such a cool post. I wish that I could answer your questions but really, I have never used any kind of effect that youíd like to achieve in your work. So I do apologise for not being to help in that department. BUT what I would like to say is that your ideas sound great, and I would love to see you post your progress in the Sculpture Forum. I may not be able to help you in searching the materials youíd need or indeed how to use them either, but I think there are other people in the forum who hopefully maybe able to help you. I hear that clubhouse.net is a good place to check out. There are members in this forum who are members there too. And they seriously kick ass too. In fact building dioramas is something Iím definitely interested in doing one day, Iíd love to make a waterfall, but I simply donít know where to start. So looks like Iíll be doing my homework next asking everyone for advice.

And as for the Minotaur sculpt, yes that UHU glue effect was something I quite liked but the problem was that it turned cream coloured paint orange! So, maybe Iíll think of an alternative next time.

And thank you very much for the very kind and undeserved comments you made, it really does mean a lot to me because I honestly donít think Iím good enough to have such praise.

And Crocodile Dundee eh? LOL I like that a lot.

Best wishes everyone, and thank you for your patience.

Kenny!!!!!!!!!!!

Check out my scary monster thread!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=109738

Want lotsa sculpture resources? Add some if you want to!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=154013

Thanks
    Hey Crocodile Dundee, :-)

http://www.hirstarts.com/tips17/tips17.html#water (please scroll down to Pouring And Texturing Water) This looks great from the pictures.

Even the trick with the fishing line to get this fountain effect catched my attention.

I'm really interested in You personal opinion wether such "wet looking reptile" could work because You have so many experiences with making them, painting them etc.

A.
    Last edited by Leo777888; February 11th, 2009 at 09:29 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Leo777888 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hey Crocodile Dundee, :-)

Maybe my long text was sometimes confusing. I'm not after to make a diorama or a waterfall. This was only the reason why this idea to use a water effect on a scupture came to me.

What I imagine is more or less like:

A head and maybe one claw from a dragon (or sea monster) attached on a plate. Then fill some kind of transparent slightly inked resin over the base (only some mm) to get the "a dragon is looking out of the water" feeling.

Then for the dynamic maybe some water is flowing back from his neck and open mouth...

http://www.hirstarts.com/tips17/tips17.html#water (please scroll down to Pouring And Texturing Water) This looks great from the pictures.

Even the trick with the fishing line to get this fountain effect catched my attention.

I'm really interested in You personal opinion wether such "wet looking reptile" could work because You have so many experiences with making them, painting them etc.

Sorry for bring this off topic stuff so massiv into Your thread. I apologize. It's because I don't realy know if I should start my own thread with nothing then some questions and some idea...

A.

Hey Buddy,

It's my fault, I have a tendancy to get this wrong all the time. It's because my brains pops out my ear now and again

And no need to apologise my friend, most of us do it to each other on here! But you would more than likey get more help and more comments if you start your own thread, with or without any images.

And, I think it's a wonderful idea that you have in mind, it would look very dynamic! I'd experiment first though just in case you make a mistake.

And thanks again dude, and best of luck.

Thanks
    Thank You very much for encouragement.

And I wish You all luck I can imagine and hope so much that You will feel better as soon as ever posible.

A.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Leo777888 For This Useful Post:

Doggy is offline Doinīit for fun, hoping to get better...
    Thanks
    Sorry to hear about your health man, you better believe iīm sending you a lot of positive energy from over here!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Doggy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Doggy View Post
    Sorry to hear about your health man, you better believe iīm sending you a lot of positive energy from over here!
    Thank You very much for encouragement.

And I wish You all luck I can imagine and hope so much that You will feel better as soon as ever posible.

A.
    Hey Doggy and Leo,

Yeah my health is always a bit poo but hey, my sense of humour is still here! Seriously though, thank you for the good vibes!

I'll get this sculpt done one day!

Best wishes,

Kenny!!!

Thanks
    Still looking great Mate,Hope your feeling better,it still amazes me every time I look at the detail of the scales on your sculpts,It really brings the whole thing alive.

Keep up the good work,I cant wait to see more of your Dragondemonmandude
    Earhole Bongsplat

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongsplat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Kenny! I know you've got other things on your plate to take care of and focus on right now that are keeping you away from the worktable, but the energy your vision brings here has been sorely missed. Beyond being a talented and committed artist, you're a great supporter and a mentor in this section of the site.

You get better, sir. We'll be here waiting for you when you come back.

~KU
    ... a cry went up into the shuddering air, and faded to a shrill wailing, passing with the wind, a voice bodiless and thin that died, and was swallowed up, and was never heard again in that age of this world.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to KingUnicorn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongsplat View Post
    Still looking great Mate,Hope your feeling better,it still amazes me every time I look at the detail of the scales on your sculpts,It really brings the whole thing alive.

Keep up the good work,I cant wait to see more of your Dragondemonmandude
    Quote Originally Posted by KingUnicorn View Post
    Kenny! I know you've got other things on your plate to take care of and focus on right now that are keeping you away from the worktable, but the energy your vision brings here has been sorely missed. Beyond being a talented and committed artist, you're a great supporter and a mentor in this section of the site.

You get better, sir. We'll be here waiting for you when you come back.

~KU
    Hello Bongsplat and KingUnicorn Dudes!

Some of you know already, that I have a few health probs which effects me daily, I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Myofascial Pain Syndrome and Dystonia, and basically makes me feel like a 90 year old man (lol) you see, (Hobbling about, being clumsy, groaning about all my limbs being in pain, etc lol) I find many things difficult to do my hands because they're bloody weak and painful! So when I do sculpt, I try and do this over small increments of time and work at a slower pace (does that make sense?) So, really it's a lot more permanent, and I really can't see it getting better in the long run. BUT not to fear, I still watch Adam Sandler comedies, have Karaoke nights with friends, and enjoy doing impressions of famous people (I do a great E.T. ) So my spirit is definately intact!

So thank you guys for your empathy and patience!

Master. BongSplat Dude, yeah.. I think I'm gonna give scales a rest for a while.. lol seriously though, thank you kind brother.

And Master KingUnicorn Dude, bless you.. I love reading your comments. You're just too good at words

See you guys soon I hope!

Kenny!!!!!!!!!!!!

maddmaestro is offline conqueror of small fruit and large vegetables
    Thanks
    Best wishes brother, I know what it is like to deal woth chronic ailments, not ever feeling a hundred percent...its rough! But I'm happy to see that your spirits are high, I just wish that you didn't have to bear that cross, so we could see, and experience the joy of you flying through pieces at the rate of some of our compatriots, I will have to content myself with being patient as I await your updates eagerly!

Much love, peace, and happiness brother,

Siddiq
    Maddmaestro

23. The Following User Says Thank You to maddmaestro For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamsorcerer View Post
    I find many things difficult to do my hands because they're bloody weak and painful!
    I didn't realize what you were going through until I pinged your site about six or seven months ago and read about your condition. It's not my place to bring up things that are of a personal nature here, but I'm glad you've mentioned what's happening. It really reveals to those fans of your work what kind of energy of effort you put into each and every sculpture you work on.

All of their shaping and detail and coloring are governed by variables many of us take for granted, but you charge through them like a master craftsman. And if that's not inspiring to artists of all levels and media, I don't know what is.

~KU
    ... a cry went up into the shuddering air, and faded to a shrill wailing, passing with the wind, a voice bodiless and thin that died, and was swallowed up, and was never heard again in that age of this world.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to KingUnicorn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    WOWWW!!! I am so awestruck by these sculpts--- they are the most awesome sculptures i have ever seen--- I am seriously inspired by your work--- i am going to start my own thread with some pics of my sculpts--- though i am an amature. havent got any trainin-- just found some clay(real clay-not polymer clay) lying around in college and tried out a sculpture--- also did some soap carving--- please do take a look and ive me some tips and comments--- i would greatly appreciate it.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Hari Gopinathan For This Useful Post:

Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast