Art: Making of 'Nosferatu' Video in HD!(post#715) - Page 15

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 450 of 736
  1. #421
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    215
    Thanks
    65
    Thanked 26 Times in 23 Posts
    Turned out simply amazing, Kenny - the changed color theme couldnt have been chosen any better!

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  


  2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kilh For This Useful Post:


  4. #422
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    roc, ny
    Posts
    555
    Thanks
    145
    Thanked 91 Times in 91 Posts
    You have never failed to amaze my friend! Beautiful work here, Kenshiro, just absolutely outstanding. I want you to know that you are a man after my own heart a lover of art and someone that desires to express themselves through art, in many different forms. I too have put the others on the backburner for sculpting recently, but I have felt the need to return to them recently. My book has been waiting especially long for me to get back to it!

    Well, I wish you nothing but, the best! And I hope you share with us whatever it is you are working on regardless of the genre...Much Love, brother!


    Siddiq
    Maddmaestro

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to maddmaestro For This Useful Post:


  6. #423
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Wow, I gotta say dreamsorcerer, your a huge amount of inspiration for anyone looking at this part of the forum. Seeing your sculpt finished and painted makes me want to go and work on mine, but unfortunately I gotta go to work

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Corth For This Useful Post:


  8. #424
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Birmingham, West Midlands/UK
    Posts
    820
    Thanks
    392
    Thanked 137 Times in 94 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilh View Post
    Turned out simply amazing, Kenny - the changed color theme couldnt have been chosen any better!
    Hey Kilh, thank you for your feedback my friend, coz I'm unsure about whether I like it or not you see. But if you like it the I must be doing something right??

    Best wishes!

    Kenny!!!!!

    Check out my scary monster thread!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=109738



    Want lotsa sculpture resources? Add some if you want to!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=154013

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  9. #425
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Birmingham, West Midlands/UK
    Posts
    820
    Thanks
    392
    Thanked 137 Times in 94 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maddmaestro View Post
    You have never failed to amaze my friend! Beautiful work here, Kenshiro, just absolutely outstanding. I want you to know that you are a man after my own heart a lover of art and someone that desires to express themselves through art, in many different forms. I too have put the others on the backburner for sculpting recently, but I have felt the need to return to them recently. My book has been waiting especially long for me to get back to it!

    Well, I wish you nothing but, the best! And I hope you share with us whatever it is you are working on regardless of the genre...Much Love, brother!


    Siddiq
    Maddmaestro
    Hello Master. Siddiq

    Wow dude, I never knew you were also writing a book too. Did you know that MadCross and fruitdot are as well? We should start a new gang! lol What's your story about then?

    And thank you so much for your continuous support my friend, it means a lot to me! I really don't know what else to say!

    Bets wishes!

    Kenny!!!!!!

    Check out my scary monster thread!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=109738



    Want lotsa sculpture resources? Add some if you want to!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=154013

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  10. #426
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Birmingham, West Midlands/UK
    Posts
    820
    Thanks
    392
    Thanked 137 Times in 94 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Corth View Post
    Wow, I gotta say dreamsorcerer, your a huge amount of inspiration for anyone looking at this part of the forum. Seeing your sculpt finished and painted makes me want to go and work on mine, but unfortunately I gotta go to work
    Hello Corth bud,

    Thank you for your much undeserved kind words my friend It means a lot to me. And what means the most to me is that I have managed to inspire you! Wow, that's cool. I dunno how though coz really there are way better artists than me in CA. And please do post your work!

    Best wishes and many thanks again!

    Kenny.

    Check out my scary monster thread!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=109738



    Want lotsa sculpture resources? Add some if you want to!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=154013

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  11. #427
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    62
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 22 Times in 20 Posts
    Master Kenny!

    I remember who you are now! It's embarassing, but I do forget.. I won't forget again, certainly not. It was when i first joined this forum and was browsing through the sculpture threads that I ran across yours, and just really marveled over your centaur - the way you seamlessly integrated the hair on the legs blew me away. I still boggle over the armor on the minotaur!

    Now I am boggling over the wings on your Dragon Man - it looks as if in the next second, he will fling them wide with a thundering SNAP and a swoosh of air - LOVELY! Those are my favourite sorts of sculptures, that seem like a trapped moment in time, a creature that's about to start moving again. Wonderful! I will be waiting almost-patiently to see what you do next!

    ____
    Ramie
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to razimo For This Useful Post:


  13. #428
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The Ruins of Kiamo Ko
    Posts
    604
    Thanks
    121
    Thanked 122 Times in 108 Posts
    This thing is so damn epic I had to open a new window so I could keep an eye on it while I post a few cheers of my own. You're unstoppable, Kenshiro.

    To look at something like this betrays the scope of the secret world you've been hiding away inside and have only previously revealed in small artifacts and representations. This is an example of throwing the gates wide open and letting a powerful dose of your brand of magic hold us in silent awe.

    Certainly I followed the development and studied the documented steps of your progress, but this is unexpected. This has turned out in a way that I don't think anyone here was quite ready for. It's big, it's mean, and it's certainly going to attract the right kind of attention to you and your craft.

    Now, cage it quickly before it takes over your home.

    ~KU

    ... a cry went up into the shuddering air, and faded to a shrill wailing, passing with the wind, a voice bodiless and thin that died, and was swallowed up, and was never heard again in that age of this world.

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to KingUnicorn For This Useful Post:


  15. #429
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    X-121.654. Planet
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    For the 1st and third one, What clay did you use to sculpt them?

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to hayashiox For This Useful Post:


  17. #430
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Birmingham, West Midlands/UK
    Posts
    820
    Thanks
    392
    Thanked 137 Times in 94 Posts

    For Master. Taurn (and everyone coming to think of it)

    Hello everyone!

    Here are some better piccies.. well, only two of em but at least you don't see a horrible green wall (that is yet to be decorated.. I mean seriously who paints their wall green?) Anyway, hope these are better on the eyes

    Name:  frontview.jpg
Views: 1784
Size:  99.7 KB

    Name:  backview.jpg
Views: 1781
Size:  122.2 KB

    Kenny!!!!!!!!!

    Check out my scary monster thread!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=109738



    Want lotsa sculpture resources? Add some if you want to!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=154013

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  18. #431
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Birmingham, West Midlands/UK
    Posts
    820
    Thanks
    392
    Thanked 137 Times in 94 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by razimo View Post
    Master Kenny!

    I remember who you are now! It's embarassing, but I do forget.. I won't forget again, certainly not. It was when i first joined this forum and was browsing through the sculpture threads that I ran across yours, and just really marveled over your centaur - the way you seamlessly integrated the hair on the legs blew me away. I still boggle over the armor on the minotaur!

    Now I am boggling over the wings on your Dragon Man - it looks as if in the next second, he will fling them wide with a thundering SNAP and a swoosh of air - LOVELY! Those are my favourite sorts of sculptures, that seem like a trapped moment in time, a creature that's about to start moving again. Wonderful! I will be waiting almost-patiently to see what you do next!
    Miss. Ramie Dudette!!

    How can you forget me?? Waaahhhh!!!!! --------> throws a tantrum and cries. Only joking! No worries my friend, it is me who is still embaressed, I make a habit of calling everyone, 'dude'.

    And bless you my friend, yes I 'd certainly like to make more sculpts with real hair on them again. It was fun although extremely messy! Yeeeep. I used plenty of glue and hair, so by the time I was finished I had hair stuck to my palms! And resembled erm.. a person with hairy palms. And yeah, I'd love to make more armour definately.. it'll probably be the next sculpt I reckon! I'm not really happy with the minotaur, in fact I will make another one, one day.

    And yeah, there will be more dragons to come along, and from the past number of dragons that I've made including the ones which no one has seen, I think I feel a little more confident when making them. But with each sculpt I always face a new challenge, but that's part of the enjoyment. I think the wings are the most difficult part definately. Anyway, thank you for your feedback about the dragons.. I was worried that the poses that I put them in weren't enough to show their character but when I read what you said it made me feel more assured about them. In fact inspired by what you said even!

    And thank you so much for your (undeserved) kind words Miss. Ramie matey.

    Best wishes to you my friend!

    Kenny!!!!!!

    Check out my scary monster thread!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=109738



    Want lotsa sculpture resources? Add some if you want to!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=154013

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  19. #432
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Birmingham, West Midlands/UK
    Posts
    820
    Thanks
    392
    Thanked 137 Times in 94 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KingUnicorn View Post
    This thing is so damn epic I had to open a new window so I could keep an eye on it while I post a few cheers of my own. You're unstoppable, Kenshiro.

    To look at something like this betrays the scope of the secret world you've been hiding away inside and have only previously revealed in small artifacts and representations. This is an example of throwing the gates wide open and letting a powerful dose of your brand of magic hold us in silent awe.

    Certainly I followed the development and studied the documented steps of your progress, but this is unexpected. This has turned out in a way that I don't think anyone here was quite ready for. It's big, it's mean, and it's certainly going to attract the right kind of attention to you and your craft.

    Now, cage it quickly before it takes over your home.

    ~KU
    Hello Master. KU Dude of Sculpting and Feedback, Master of a Mutant Spud,

    LOL I loved that post.. you're funny mate.

    Yer know mate, if your feedback were pictures, I'd frame em all in diamonds. (Well, if I was rich anyway)

    I was quite unsure about how everyone would react with this paint job, but I'm very happy that I've had a positive response from it. I always had an idea in my head of how I wanted to paint it, but i discovered that it didn't completely work for me, so i made it look a bit worn and dusty looking. Battle worn I think.

    Apart from that you have left me pretty speechless from your awesome feedback lol so all I can say is..

    'Thank you' are two words which seem to small, but, 'thank you!'

    Bets wishes my friend,



    Kenny!!!!!!!

    Check out my scary monster thread!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=109738



    Want lotsa sculpture resources? Add some if you want to!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=154013

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  20. #433
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Birmingham, West Midlands/UK
    Posts
    820
    Thanks
    392
    Thanked 137 Times in 94 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hayashiox View Post
    For the 1st and third one, What clay did you use to sculpt them?
    Hello hayashiox,

    And thank you for looking through my thread.

    For all 5 sculpts on this thread I have used Super Sculpey. Since all the sculpts I made are quite big, Super Sculpey has been ideal.

    Best wishes!

    Kenny.

    Check out my scary monster thread!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=109738



    Want lotsa sculpture resources? Add some if you want to!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=154013

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  21. #434
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    144
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 42 Times in 18 Posts
    Dragons have always been one of my favorite creatures and yours are some of the best i've seen!!! And trust me i've seen a lot!
    Amazing anatomy, pose and detail in all of them!!
    Thanks for the scaling tut. very usefull. Hats off sir!

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Aris Kolokontes For This Useful Post:


  23. #435
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Birmingham, West Midlands/UK
    Posts
    820
    Thanks
    392
    Thanked 137 Times in 94 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aris Kolokontes View Post
    Dragons have always been one of my favorite creatures and yours are some of the best i've seen!!! And trust me i've seen a lot!
    Amazing anatomy, pose and detail in all of them!!
    Thanks for the scaling tut. very usefull. Hats off sir!
    Master. Aris Kolokontes

    My friend, I am totally drenched in tears now, because (1.) Your work has made me cry and (2.) Your words are too kind* They mean a lot to me buddy, especially coming from someone with such awe inspiring skills. I only aspire to be as good as someone like you (and many others in this forum)

    *Yer know what? I have cried too much on this forum.. I must have a reputation as a dragon sculpting cry baby by now.

    Best wishes, and I hope to see looooaaads more from you!



    Kenny!!!

    Check out my scary monster thread!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=109738



    Want lotsa sculpture resources? Add some if you want to!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=154013

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  24. #436
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    373
    Thanks
    42
    Thanked 49 Times in 46 Posts
    Wow, kenny that looks awesome! I wanna make another demon now.........!

    The wings are especially good btw ;0)

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to The Dark Power For This Useful Post:


  26. #437
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Birmingham, West Midlands/UK
    Posts
    820
    Thanks
    392
    Thanked 137 Times in 94 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Power View Post
    Wow, kenny that looks awesome! I wanna make another demon now.........!

    The wings are especially good btw ;0)
    Ah, the wings were the most difficult part, and what took up most of the time.. they always do take a long time to make every time. And a part of me still isn't totally ahhpy with it. (But who ever is eh?)

    Bless you, you're too kind bro! Thanks dude!!! And yeah man, make another demon!!

    Last edited by dreamsorcerer; March 10th, 2009 at 08:00 PM.
    Check out my scary monster thread!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=109738



    Want lotsa sculpture resources? Add some if you want to!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=154013

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  27. #438
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Birmingham, West Midlands/UK
    Posts
    820
    Thanks
    392
    Thanked 137 Times in 94 Posts

    First attempt at youtube video uploading!

    Hello everyone, I managed to record the entire process of the Dragon Man sculpt, so I thought I'd show you all. The problem is, is that it's lost some detail in the picture quality, so that's not so good.. Anyway, here it is:







    And thank you a million DarkPower for the upoad/embed on CA tutorial

    Best wishes everyone!

    Kenny!!!!!

    Check out my scary monster thread!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=109738



    Want lotsa sculpture resources? Add some if you want to!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=154013

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dreamsorcerer For This Useful Post:


  29. #439
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    373
    Thanks
    42
    Thanked 49 Times in 46 Posts
    Wow, I didn't realise how big it was! Guess you don't get a complete idea of scale from stills alone. Awesome! How on earth did you cook it? Heat gun?

    And wow man, you sculpt fast ;0)

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to The Dark Power For This Useful Post:


  31. #440
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Birmingham, West Midlands/UK
    Posts
    820
    Thanks
    392
    Thanked 137 Times in 94 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Power View Post
    Wow, I didn't realise how big it was! Guess you don't get a complete idea of scale from stills alone. Awesome! How on earth did you cook it? Heat gun?

    And wow man, you sculpt fast ;0)
    Hey bro, how's it goin?

    And yeah it is pretty big, luckily it fit in my bedroom (for now) lol and yeah, i did actually plan it to be that big. I have an A3 sketchbook which I do all the design and planning for the scale of it all. The sketches and planning takes me a while because anatomy is so important in getting right and mistakes can be spotted easily on a sculpt. But the sculpt differs slightly from the numerous sketches that I'd done because they were used as solid reference material, so it ended up more bulkier, and that is what I wanted.

    And yeah, baking large sculpts I handle in two different ways:

    1.) I seperate the different body parts like, head, tail, limbs, torso and bake them seperately in the oven.

    2.) Sit outside, holding a heat gun on a low setting, holding it away from the sculpt so I don't charcoal it! This process is really long, lengthy, boring and horrid. And I have to sit there for ages otherwise it wouldn't cook all the way through. And I have to be careful not to burn the dude!

    And I gotta say that although it looks burnt and blackened near the end of the third clip, I actually baked him and painted him black, then sculpted over the top. For some reason, I wanted to see what he looked like black! Guess it's eagerness!

    And I set up the camera to take a photo every 30 seconds, every time I sculpted, then downloaded this brilliant software (free) called MakeAvi.. I highly recommend it. It's excellent.. it joins all your jpegs and animates it at 25 frames per second.

    Thanks again for your support my friend

    Kenny!!!

    Check out my scary monster thread!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=109738



    Want lotsa sculpture resources? Add some if you want to!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=154013

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  32. #441
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The Ruins of Kiamo Ko
    Posts
    604
    Thanks
    121
    Thanked 122 Times in 108 Posts
    Dammit, Kenny. Here we were just admiring your work, and then you've got to go and drop this epic three-part series of sculptural majesty on us. Fierce designs, full-throttle sculpting, and finished turnarounds all recorded for our devouring...I mean, enjoyment...The music was perfect (you'll have to tell me what soundtrack you pulled the soundscapes from).

    I've got a section for friends and influences on my new site. I'll be coding this into your entry tonight.

    ~KU

    ... a cry went up into the shuddering air, and faded to a shrill wailing, passing with the wind, a voice bodiless and thin that died, and was swallowed up, and was never heard again in that age of this world.

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  33. The Following User Says Thank You to KingUnicorn For This Useful Post:


  34. #442
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    180
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 33 Times in 33 Posts
    Kenny!

    Thanks for the wallpaper, it will be on my desktop for a looooonng time. Like KU said, those vids are EPIC! I almost forgot how long this took you! hehe just kidding! And those drawings are stunning! You sure took a lot of time to plan this thing. Now, what is the next project that your brain concocted?

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  35. The Following User Says Thank You to taurn7 For This Useful Post:


  36. #443
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    321
    Thanks
    85
    Thanked 45 Times in 43 Posts
    Wow Kenshiro, your dragon man turned out absolutely awesome!! Great job!!

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  37. The Following User Says Thank You to fruitdot For This Useful Post:


  38. #444
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    530
    Thanks
    123
    Thanked 115 Times in 99 Posts
    Holy Crikey Kenshiro!
    Those vids really take it to the next level!

    Thank you for taking the time to put this all together for us lucky peeps to enjoy!!

    Put The Kettle On!
    My CA Thread:TM's Cave
    Visit Me:TeaMonsterUK.com
    Contact Me:info@teamonsteruk.com
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  39. The Following User Says Thank You to TeaMonster For This Useful Post:


  40. #445
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Birmingham, West Midlands/UK
    Posts
    820
    Thanks
    392
    Thanked 137 Times in 94 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KingUnicorn View Post
    Dammit, Kenny. Here we were just admiring your work, and then you've got to go and drop this epic three-part series of sculptural majesty on us. Fierce designs, full-throttle sculpting, and finished turnarounds all recorded for our devouring...I mean, enjoyment...The music was perfect (you'll have to tell me what soundtrack you pulled the soundscapes from).

    I've got a section for friends and influences on my new site. I'll be coding this into your entry tonight.

    ~KU
    lol Master KU matey

    Ah, yeah the only problem is that the quality sucks!!! It's lost all the bloody details and I'm not happy with it. But, it seems okay in some shots for some reason? I'm very inexperienced at the youtube thingy! But I'm very glad you enjoyed it! And yeah, I'll find out what the music is, because I had to change it due to copyright (which made me think, 'oh great what shall I do now?') SO I had to use youtubes selection of music!

    And thanks dude! That will be much appreciated!

    Kenny!!!!!

    Check out my scary monster thread!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=109738



    Want lotsa sculpture resources? Add some if you want to!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=154013

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  41. #446
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Birmingham, West Midlands/UK
    Posts
    820
    Thanks
    392
    Thanked 137 Times in 94 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by taurn7 View Post
    Kenny!

    Thanks for the wallpaper, it will be on my desktop for a looooonng time. Like KU said, those vids are EPIC! I almost forgot how long this took you! hehe just kidding! And those drawings are stunning! You sure took a lot of time to plan this thing. Now, what is the next project that your brain concocted?
    Hey Master Taurn,

    No worries! I'm glad you like it And yeah man, it took me ages didn't it? lol The video editing took me many attempts, which took a while as well.. mind you that was fun too. And yeah I havea few ideas in mind but won't be happening for a while coz I'm taking a break for some months or so. But I really want to make a werewolf!

    Thanks matey

    Check out my scary monster thread!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=109738



    Want lotsa sculpture resources? Add some if you want to!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=154013

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  42. #447
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Birmingham, West Midlands/UK
    Posts
    820
    Thanks
    392
    Thanked 137 Times in 94 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fruitdot View Post
    Wow Kenshiro, your dragon man turned out absolutely awesome!! Great job!!
    Hey Miss Fruity,

    Bless you my friend, means a lot to me

    And by the way, I accidently called 'Razimo' a dude the other week (D'oh!) I think that's the fourth time for me on CA. lol So I'm now calling her Miss Razimo Dudette.

    Kenny!!!!!!!

    Check out my scary monster thread!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=109738



    Want lotsa sculpture resources? Add some if you want to!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=154013

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  43. #448
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    321
    Thanks
    85
    Thanked 45 Times in 43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamsorcerer View Post
    Hey Miss Fruity,

    Bless you my friend, means a lot to me

    And by the way, I accidently called 'Razimo' a dude the other week (D'oh!) I think that's the fourth time for me on CA. lol So I'm now calling her Miss Razimo Dudette.

    Kenny!!!!!!!
    Lol! xD the whole "dude/dudette-thing" isn't too easy to determine just by a nickname and an avatar, so don't beat yourself up about it!

    And you're so very welcome my friend, you deserve all the praise you've gotten!

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  44. The Following User Says Thank You to fruitdot For This Useful Post:


  45. #449
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Birmingham, West Midlands/UK
    Posts
    820
    Thanks
    392
    Thanked 137 Times in 94 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fruitdot View Post
    Lol! xD the whole "dude/dudette-thing" isn't too easy to determine just by a nickname and an avatar, so don't beat yourself up about it!

    And you're so very welcome my friend, you deserve all the praise you've gotten!
    Aw shucks Thank you Miss Fruity Tooty!

    Check out my scary monster thread!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=109738



    Want lotsa sculpture resources? Add some if you want to!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=154013

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  46. #450
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    373
    Thanks
    42
    Thanked 49 Times in 46 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamsorcerer View Post
    Hey bro, how's it goin?

    And yeah it is pretty big, luckily it fit in my bedroom (for now) lol and yeah, i did actually plan it to be that big. I have an A3 sketchbook which I do all the design and planning for the scale of it all. The sketches and planning takes me a while because anatomy is so important in getting right and mistakes can be spotted easily on a sculpt. But the sculpt differs slightly from the numerous sketches that I'd done because they were used as solid reference material, so it ended up more bulkier, and that is what I wanted.

    And yeah, baking large sculpts I handle in two different ways:

    1.) I seperate the different body parts like, head, tail, limbs, torso and bake them seperately in the oven.

    2.) Sit outside, holding a heat gun on a low setting, holding it away from the sculpt so I don't charcoal it! This process is really long, lengthy, boring and horrid. And I have to sit there for ages otherwise it wouldn't cook all the way through. And I have to be careful not to burn the dude!

    And I gotta say that although it looks burnt and blackened near the end of the third clip, I actually baked him and painted him black, then sculpted over the top. For some reason, I wanted to see what he looked like black! Guess it's eagerness!
    Ah gotcha yeah certainly makes it easier to do sculpts in bits I find, that way you can also finalise one part and cook it hard before on to the next, that way you don't splurge your detail on something whilst working on another bit! I gotta say though that your dragon you did looked pretty cool all blackened and burnt in places!

    I got some of the square tubing I saw you using actually so I can use it for my next sculpt (whatever that is!).


    Quote Originally Posted by dreamsorcerer View Post
    And I set up the camera to take a photo every 30 seconds, every time I sculpted, then downloaded this brilliant software (free) called MakeAvi.. I highly recommend it. It's excellent.. it joins all your jpegs and animates it at 25 frames per second.

    Thanks again for your support my friend

    Kenny!!!
    OH MY GOD - Have you any idea how useful that will be for my stop motion stuff????!!!!! Previously I've had to put everything into the editing package and painstakingly lay the .jpgs out frame by frame. I'll be able to automatically generate the footage with that program.

    You are a genius, thanks so much for mentioning that!!!!

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  47. The Following User Says Thank You to The Dark Power For This Useful Post:


Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •