Art: Making of 'Nosferatu' Video in HD!(post#715) - Page 10

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 300 of 736
  1. #271
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    943
    Thanks
    790
    Thanked 532 Times in 417 Posts
    I've been interested in miniature sculting for a while, it is always interesting to follow a sculpt from start to finish, especially when there is such a masterful sculptor.

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  


  2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rotor For This Useful Post:


  4. #272
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Birmingham, West Midlands/UK
    Posts
    820
    Thanks
    392
    Thanked 137 Times in 94 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotor View Post
    I've been interested in miniature sculting for a while, it is always interesting to follow a sculpt from start to finish, especially when there is such a masterful sculptor.
    I wish I could call myself a masterful sculptor but really i'm just someone who has a passion for it. But I'm very grateful for your words my friend! And I've always enjoyed watching someone work from start to finish, so i thought I'd have a go. Hope I haven't bored the pants off anyone yet!

    Best wishes!

    Check out my scary monster thread!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=109738



    Want lotsa sculpture resources? Add some if you want to!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=154013

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  5. #273
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    117
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
    Tsk tsk, those wing progress shots are just too awesome. Really solid methodology going on there. Thanks for posting those. It almost makes me want to put wings on my goblin just for the hell of it.

    Artastic - the mesh can be found in varying levels of...flexibility? Over here in the US, we can find it online at blick.com, hobby lobby and similar craft stores, and it comes in aluminum and copper, and sometimes small sqaure sheets, sometimes rolls, usually rolls in art stores, small sheets in craft shops. I was seeing it anywhere from 5-12 bucks a roll, depending on size of the roll and size of the mesh. smaller holes, bigger price.

    Twinky's, I used to love those things as a kid, I can't bring myself to eat one these days...although I did have a deep fried one at the state fair. Probably the only good thing at a state fair...it was so "rich" and sweet, I'll probably not eat one again.

    Mad Cross, your workspace is near a cat's litter box too?! SOLIDARITY!
    Our cat's crap shack is in the little closet in our 2nd bedroom in the townhouse. We've had our cat a few months, and I'm convinced that thing craps more like a dog than a cat. An animal after my own heart...

    ....anyways. Thanks for updating the thread Dream! Can't wait to see this sucker all done and ready for paints.

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Wiggins For This Useful Post:


  7. #274
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Birmingham, West Midlands/UK
    Posts
    820
    Thanks
    392
    Thanked 137 Times in 94 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggins View Post
    Tsk tsk, those wing progress shots are just too awesome. Really solid methodology going on there. Thanks for posting those. It almost makes me want to put wings on my goblin just for the hell of it.

    Artastic - the mesh can be found in varying levels of...flexibility? Over here in the US, we can find it online at blick.com, hobby lobby and similar craft stores, and it comes in aluminum and copper, and sometimes small sqaure sheets, sometimes rolls, usually rolls in art stores, small sheets in craft shops. I was seeing it anywhere from 5-12 bucks a roll, depending on size of the roll and size of the mesh. smaller holes, bigger price.

    Twinky's, I used to love those things as a kid, I can't bring myself to eat one these days...although I did have a deep fried one at the state fair. Probably the only good thing at a state fair...it was so "rich" and sweet, I'll probably not eat one again.

    Mad Cross, your workspace is near a cat's litter box too?! SOLIDARITY!
    Our cat's crap shack is in the little closet in our 2nd bedroom in the townhouse. We've had our cat a few months, and I'm convinced that thing craps more like a dog than a cat. An animal after my own heart...

    ....anyways. Thanks for updating the thread Dream! Can't wait to see this sucker all done and ready for paints.

    Your posts always make me laugh dude! Anyway, I'm glad that you've found the thread enjoyable so far! Thanks again my friend

    Check out my scary monster thread!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=109738



    Want lotsa sculpture resources? Add some if you want to!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=154013

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  8. #275
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Salisbury
    Posts
    32
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    me again

    lookin good
    keep it up

    mage

    Zodiac Master/ MageBoldrim




    'Player two has entered the game.'

    Haven't you got work?

    @$£%[/FONT]

    'Player two has left the game.'
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Magebolrim For This Useful Post:


  10. #276
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Birmingham, West Midlands/UK
    Posts
    820
    Thanks
    392
    Thanked 137 Times in 94 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Magebolrim View Post
    me again

    lookin good
    keep it up

    mage
    Hey Magebolrim,

    Thank you for looking! Unfortunately, I won't be working on it for a while because I'm moving house and it's taking up a lot of time, settling in etc. It's not fair!!! But hey, I'll have more room for my sculptures!

    Best wishes!

    Check out my scary monster thread!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=109738



    Want lotsa sculpture resources? Add some if you want to!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=154013

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  11. #277
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Spain, Seville
    Posts
    168
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 62 Times in 44 Posts
    wooo.. I love the wings!! I see you will soon end with this work. I look to see how the scales pints! I've been very busy with a job in these days but as soon as I got into the forum I have gone to see the progress of your work. Congratulations!! The dragon is fantastic!

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mariahc For This Useful Post:


  13. #278
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Hey. I absolutely love your work. I'm currently trying to get into sculting and i figured your the guy to ask: What do i need to get started and can you suggest and good tutorials?

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to IronicTrout For This Useful Post:


  15. #279
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Awesome, love the detail. Very Inspiring! Great Tips/ideas too

    The Goblin

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to The Goblin For This Useful Post:


  17. #280
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    roc, ny
    Posts
    555
    Thanks
    145
    Thanked 91 Times in 91 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IronicTrout View Post
    Hey. I absolutely love your work. I'm currently trying to get into sculting and i figured your the guy to ask: What do i need to get started and can you suggest and good tutorials?
    Check out the massive Black maquette tutorial at the top of the section. Also there are many invaluable tutorials out there on other forums. Check out the Home grown section of the Statue forum.com, there are some excellent tips there. Also if you visit the Shiflett Bros. site there is an excellent tutorial section there as well. as for supplies there are many out there. But the main ones are Wire for your armature two different thickness'. Plumbers epoxy or epoxy clay for joining your armature, and strengthening it. And clay I am only familiar with Super Sculpey, and Super Sculpey Firm. These work well for beginners, like me and you. There are however many other types. Also there is sculpting with wax which is a bit more advanced, but the results are pretty astounding. Good luck, Hope I helped.

    Maddmaestro

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to maddmaestro For This Useful Post:


  19. #281
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Yeah you defineately helped!! Thanks alot hopefully i can get my hands on these items so i cen get started.

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to IronicTrout For This Useful Post:


  21. #282
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Birmingham, West Midlands/UK
    Posts
    820
    Thanks
    392
    Thanked 137 Times in 94 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariahc View Post
    wooo.. I love the wings!! I see you will soon end with this work. I look to see how the scales pints! I've been very busy with a job in these days but as soon as I got into the forum I have gone to see the progress of your work. Congratulations!! The dragon is fantastic!
    It's been a long time since I done any sculpting because I've moved house now and just finding the time is proving difficult!

    And thank you as always Mariah, for all your support and friendliness I too always check out how you're getting on with your masterpieces! I just hope mine turns out as I want it too.

    Check out my scary monster thread!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=109738



    Want lotsa sculpture resources? Add some if you want to!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=154013

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  22. #283
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Birmingham, West Midlands/UK
    Posts
    820
    Thanks
    392
    Thanked 137 Times in 94 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IronicTrout View Post
    Hey. I absolutely love your work. I'm currently trying to get into sculting and i figured your the guy to ask: What do i need to get started and can you suggest and good tutorials?

    Hello my friend,

    A thousand apologies for not replying to your question earlier (but as I can see, our mutual friend Madmaestro has got there before me! ) I've been offline for a while because I've been moving house and finding the time to sculpt and go online is a bit little at the moment! What i can suggest to you though is to work small at first, and experiment with differnt types of clay. Don't go out spending a fortune on it yet though because you may not feel comfortable with it at all. You can buy rtial packs of Sculpey, and Oil based clay is cheaper to buy and lasts more or less forever. And may I also suggest you upload your work here so we can help you, or guide you in your process somehow. We're all learning in here!

    Look forward to seeing your work!

    Kenshiro.

    Check out my scary monster thread!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=109738



    Want lotsa sculpture resources? Add some if you want to!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=154013

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  23. #284
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Birmingham, West Midlands/UK
    Posts
    820
    Thanks
    392
    Thanked 137 Times in 94 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Goblin View Post
    Awesome, love the detail. Very Inspiring! Great Tips/ideas too
    Bless you my friend Thank you! And I'm glad you're finding it helpful too!

    Check out my scary monster thread!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=109738



    Want lotsa sculpture resources? Add some if you want to!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=154013

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  24. #285
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kent, England
    Posts
    580
    Thanks
    210
    Thanked 145 Times in 143 Posts
    Awesome works I love the detail you put into your work, and it all seems so neat you make it look very easy!
    I saw another dragon you did, and it, like this is beautiful, I really love your style. You are the Dragon King
    very inspiring stuff,Great Wip shots really useful to see whats involved

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongsplat For This Useful Post:


  26. #286
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    39.7,-86.1
    Posts
    1,218
    Thanks
    451
    Thanked 408 Times in 256 Posts
    I hope your moving progress is going well. I'm anxious to see your dragon man finished, as well as everyone is.

    -Mike Cross


    Sculpting Thread|My Website| DeviantArt |My Blog
    -Also on FB and Twitter
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to VulgarDragon For This Useful Post:


  28. #287
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Birth Place of the World, NYC
    Posts
    2,830
    Thanks
    2,627
    Thanked 1,043 Times in 681 Posts
    Man, you make me want to sculpt. Had a character in the back of my head for awhile and seeing this just brings that urge closer.

    "Everything must serve the idea. The means used to convey the idea should be the simplest and clear. Just what is required. No extra images. To me this is a universal principle of art. Saying as much as possible with a minimum of means."
    -John Huston, Director
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to OmenSpirits For This Useful Post:


  30. #288
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Birmingham, West Midlands/UK
    Posts
    820
    Thanks
    392
    Thanked 137 Times in 94 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongsplat View Post
    Awesome works I love the detail you put into your work, and it all seems so neat you make it look very easy!
    I saw another dragon you did, and it, like this is beautiful, I really love your style. You are the Dragon King
    very inspiring stuff,Great Wip shots really useful to see whats involved
    Hey Bongsplat!

    Aw thanks mate Me a dragon king eh? Now that would be cool lol dragons are definately my favourite subject. I'm gonna make em and draw em for the rest of my life! I love it that much. I'm really glad that you're enjoying the progress, I just hope that it's easy to follow. Thanks again! I really don't deserve such kind words!

    And also I see that you're in Kent. Yeah there was an excellent 'Model Making' course there at the time although I dunno if it's still there or not now, I was actually thinking about studying there about 13-14 years ago but I went to Stockport College in the end to do illustration instead.

    Best wishes,

    Kenshiro.

    Check out my scary monster thread!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=109738



    Want lotsa sculpture resources? Add some if you want to!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=154013

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to dreamsorcerer For This Useful Post:


  32. #289
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Birmingham, West Midlands/UK
    Posts
    820
    Thanks
    392
    Thanked 137 Times in 94 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Cross View Post
    I hope your moving progress is going well. I'm anxious to see your dragon man finished, as well as everyone is.
    Aw thanks mate Was pretty stressful, and I 'broke' the tail of this dragon during the move. But I managed to fix it! It's just sitting there at the moment, wanting to be worked on. And thank you for always taking interest my friend, it means a lot to me.. And I'm so anxious to finsih it lol!!

    Best wishes!

    Check out my scary monster thread!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=109738



    Want lotsa sculpture resources? Add some if you want to!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=154013

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  33. #290
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Birmingham, West Midlands/UK
    Posts
    820
    Thanks
    392
    Thanked 137 Times in 94 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OmenSpirits View Post
    Man, you make me want to sculpt. Had a character in the back of my head for awhile and seeing this just brings that urge closer.
    Aw that's great! Yer know, it's the exact same with me. I have so many images in my head that I want to see turned into sculpts. So yeah, it will be great to see your work in here! Bring it on dude! :-)

    Check out my scary monster thread!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=109738



    Want lotsa sculpture resources? Add some if you want to!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=154013

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  34. #291
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Thanks, its ok that you didn't reply(moving is not an easy thing!!), also it turns out that I already had a little bit of sculpey. Is it ok if I post pics in this thread?

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  35. The Following User Says Thank You to IronicTrout For This Useful Post:


  36. #292
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    43
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamsorcerer View Post
    Aw that's great! Yer know, it's the exact same with me. I have so many images in my head that I want to see turned into sculpts. So yeah, it will be great to see your work in here! Bring it on dude! :-)
    I think that's a fairly common artistic curse ;P. I have it as well. Now if only I could get my art to the point where I'm satisfied with the results, heh.

    Still looking aswesome, keep up the good work. What color are you planning to paint him?

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  37. The Following User Says Thank You to Esgarblackpoxs For This Useful Post:


  38. #293
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Birmingham, West Midlands/UK
    Posts
    820
    Thanks
    392
    Thanked 137 Times in 94 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IronicTrout View Post
    Thanks, its ok that you didn't reply(moving is not an easy thing!!), also it turns out that I already had a little bit of sculpey. Is it ok if I post pics in this thread?
    Aw thanks for understanding buddy And great to hear that you found some sculpey! And actually it would be much better if you started your own thread, that way you'll get more attention and help from others, also you get to post a thumbnail next to your thread so everyone can see a glmipse of what your sculpt looks like.

    Best wishes!

    Kenshiro.

    Check out my scary monster thread!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=109738



    Want lotsa sculpture resources? Add some if you want to!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=154013

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  39. #294
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Birmingham, West Midlands/UK
    Posts
    820
    Thanks
    392
    Thanked 137 Times in 94 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Esgarblackpoxs View Post
    I think that's a fairly common artistic curse ;P. I have it as well. Now if only I could get my art to the point where I'm satisfied with the results, heh.

    Still looking aswesome, keep up the good work. What color are you planning to paint him?
    It's not that often that I'm completely satisfied with what I've done either! And yeah, as for the colour scheme, I'm not too sure yet. I'm thinking of either really bold colours or very natural looking ones with stripes, a bit like an aligator. I think I should conceptualise first to see how it'll look.

    Thanks for the comments dude!



    Check out my scary monster thread!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=109738



    Want lotsa sculpture resources? Add some if you want to!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=154013

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  40. #295
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The Ruins of Kiamo Ko
    Posts
    604
    Thanks
    121
    Thanked 122 Times in 108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamsorcerer View Post
    I'm thinking of either really bold colours or very natural looking ones with stripes, a bit like an aligator.
    BOLD! A sculpt of this size and with such a projection of intensity deserves a palette that's equally rich. Those scales are begging for vibrancy.

    Although, if you elect for darker values, a brilliant gloss finish would grab the light quite deliciously.

    Choices, choices - and all of them exciting at this point. Glad you're back and ready to work.

    ~KU

    ... a cry went up into the shuddering air, and faded to a shrill wailing, passing with the wind, a voice bodiless and thin that died, and was swallowed up, and was never heard again in that age of this world.

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  41. The Following User Says Thank You to KingUnicorn For This Useful Post:


  42. #296
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Birmingham, West Midlands/UK
    Posts
    820
    Thanks
    392
    Thanked 137 Times in 94 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KingUnicorn View Post
    BOLD! A sculpt of this size and with such a projection of intensity deserves a palette that's equally rich. Those scales are begging for vibrancy.

    Although, if you elect for darker values, a brilliant gloss finish would grab the light quite deliciously.

    Choices, choices - and all of them exciting at this point. Glad you're back and ready to work.

    ~KU
    Heh heh.. Man, I wish I was back at the sculpting table. It's still gonna sit there doing nothing for a while yet. But not too long I hope!!!! But I do agree very much with your comments, so thank you bro. The colours that stick out in my mind are black and a vibrant, bold red stripes all the way up and down it's head to tail. I really wanna do it, but don't want it to suck! It may sound a little drastic to some but I think it would suit it nicely. But, I have other ideas in mind too, something similar to the last dragon sculpt!

    Thanks again Buddy, I'll keep your suggestions in mind!

    Check out my scary monster thread!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=109738



    Want lotsa sculpture resources? Add some if you want to!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=154013

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  43. #297
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    319
    Thanks
    425
    Thanked 242 Times in 113 Posts
    sir, your work is absolutely breathtaking.

    so much effort put into detail, the sculptors are almost life like.

    awesome , i'm glad i stumble upon your link.

    take care and have a good weekend : )

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  44. The Following User Says Thank You to zalxemptyx For This Useful Post:


  45. #298
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Tampa Bay, Florida
    Posts
    103
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Thank you for putting your work out for us to see. I'm just getting into sculpting, so it is very helpful to see others work and to get tips on how you did things. Many thanks to you for sharing your work and technique...

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  46. The Following User Says Thank You to thatsmyboyblue For This Useful Post:


  47. #299
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Birmingham, West Midlands/UK
    Posts
    820
    Thanks
    392
    Thanked 137 Times in 94 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zalxemptyx View Post
    sir, your work is absolutely breathtaking.

    so much effort put into detail, the sculptors are almost life like.

    awesome , i'm glad i stumble upon your link.

    take care and have a good weekend : )
    Hello zalxemptyx, I am truly grateful for such *undeserved* kind words my friend!

    Best wishes!

    Check out my scary monster thread!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=109738



    Want lotsa sculpture resources? Add some if you want to!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=154013

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  48. #300
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Birmingham, West Midlands/UK
    Posts
    820
    Thanks
    392
    Thanked 137 Times in 94 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thatsmyboyblue View Post
    Thank you for putting your work out for us to see. I'm just getting into sculpting, so it is very helpful to see others work and to get tips on how you did things. Many thanks to you for sharing your work and technique...
    Hello thatsmyboyblue, You're very welcome buddy! And great to hear that you're getting into sculpting! Yes, it really is so much fun. And you've come to the right place where all of us inspire each other in here. I hope to see you post your work up soon!

    Best Wishes,

    Kenshiro.

    Check out my scary monster thread!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=109738



    Want lotsa sculpture resources? Add some if you want to!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=154013

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •